Will Britney's Future Projects Just Be Cash Grabs?

Britney says she's retired, yet released a few songs HMC and Manjobi (Which stained her recording history doing Manjobi).

Partnered with the skateboards - Seemed very random since she doesn't skateboard

Candied Fantasy is on the way - Who knows if she's had any hand in this fragrance being released

How much of this will you be purchasing or supporting? No music seems to be happening soon so are these just cash grabs to keep the checks rolling in?

Britney Spears Fragrances | Something decadent and sweet is coming🍭🌸 | Instagram

Happy Music Video GIF by Britney Spears

Britney Money GIF - Britney Money Rich - Discover & Share GIFs

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

Of course. Her team must be desperate for any alternative that will bring them money and not require her direct involvement. They will use her name, her image, appeal to nostalgia and hope it works. Britney will treat any project with the same grudging attitude that she treated the book, HMC, the musical and MYB. She doesn't want to work anymore, but unfortunately it seems like her team still doesn't understand that.

• Love 2
  • Like 3
6 minutes ago, Joel Santos said:

Of course. Her team must be desperate for any alternative that will bring them money and not require her direct involvement. They will use her name, her image, appeal to nostalgia and hope it works. Britney will treat any project with the same grudging attitude that she treated the book, HMC, the musical and MYB. She doesn't want to work anymore, but unfortunately it seems like her team still doesn't understand that.

I agree and seeing the praise over these cash grabs for Britney when they all meltdown over Taylor releasing a lot of editions and stuff for her fans.

These skateboards make no sense, and this new fragrance as well.

• Love 1
Just now, humstarr said:

Britney is a brand now. 

The person we knew as Britney is called Xila now. 

Im only interested in the person and her music. Nothing else. Skateboards and biopics I dont care for that. 

You can tell some of these are plain cash grabs, Britney's core fanbase isn't skateboarding. The perfumes are cash grab worthy as well, I wonder if she had any involvement in this latest one. She hasn't posted about it.

• Love 1

Not purchasing.  I purchased the Believe perfume last summer to support B.  It smells nothing like the original and is a waste of money. 

What I would like is for B to sit down and tell us what happened during c-ship.  She doesn't owe us anything, but some folks invested time and energy flying to her court hearings and buying court docs so for her to not properly acknowledge that is arrogant.  She posted some un-serious thank you video where she was pacing back and forth and then took a dig at her fans during the video.  She is not respectful.  So, no -- not purchasing.

Also, I have no intention of feeding Paul Soliz's 10 kids.  :sickofu_britney_blinking_umm_wtf_confused_annoyed:

• Haha 1
  • Like 3
19 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

You can tell some of these are plain cash grabs, Britney's core fanbase isn't skateboarding. The perfumes are cash grab worthy as well, I wonder if she had any involvement in this latest one. She hasn't posted about it.

It started really cute, her making commercials and press conferences was on point. It turned to cash grab with no soul.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, doomphantom1 said:

Not purchasing.  I purchased the Believe perfume last summer to support B.  It smells nothing like the original and is a waste of money. 

What I would like is for B to sit down and tell us what happened during c-ship.  She doesn't owe us anything, but some folks invested time and energy flying to her court hearings and buying court docs so for her to not properly acknowledge that is arrogant.  She posted some un-serious thank you video where she was pacing back and forth and then took a dig at her fans during the video.  She is not respectful.  So, no -- not purchasing.

Also, I have no intention of feeding Paul Soliz's 10 kids.  :sickofu_britney_blinking_umm_wtf_confused_annoyed:

That part is scary with this new 8 figure deal rolling in and Paul still in the picture, I worry about her safety with these choices.

Is she racking up the cash grabs to help support him and his 10 kids? :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Like 1
Just now, rebellion_is_the_way said:

It started really cute, her making commercials and press conferences was on point. It turned to cash grab with no soul.

I don't think many will support most of the cash grabs, I just don't see many 30-50 year olds skate boarding or spraying women's perfume on themselves. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
Just now, rebellion_is_the_way said:

Not any of them actually say that they won’t be doing something and the next thing you know they’re doing it. It takes the artist’s credibility.

I think the difference is that most major artists are actually smelling and coming up with fragrance options, producing their songs and actually singing live and promoting.

Of course, releasing things people want to make money, the difference is Britney doesn't seem to have much if any involvement. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

It's whatever. If I like it, I'll buy it. If I don't, I'll pass. It's really not that big of a deal.

If I had the opportunity to make easy money, I'd definitely take it! Work smarter, not harder.

She's put in her time, got taken advantage of and traumatized in the process. Let the girl be. Get it how you get it!

• Like 3

I don’t buy any of that stuff all Inzver bought was albums and tickets to her shows.

However, it’s nothing new. Remember the dolls and whatever she released since BOMT ? It’s always like this with big artists. It’s nothing exceptional or exclusive to Britney. They still make new Elvis and Beatles and Abba crap to sell.
If everyone just didn’t buy any of it, it would stop. But some people like to spend their money on that crap so why do you care ? I don’t care if her face is on dog food for all they want, it doesn’t diminish the legacy of her music. 

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, ainey said:

Don’t forget her cash grab book that could be read in a couple hours and only had one major revelation in it and was “too emotional” for her to do the audio book

Great point, and wouldn't even record the audio which I know people thought Michelle did a great job and she did, but nothing would've been better than hearing Britney's voice free.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.