Would A New Britney Album Be Successful or Flop Due To Drama & Headlines?

Would a new Britney album, sail or sink?

Lots of headlines, random projects and drama seems to surround the Princess of Pop.

Is it plausible that a new album would do okay the first week then fall off? We know the probability of a tour or going on a big promotion spree for the release is slim to non.

Britney is slowly fading. - Page 2 - Britney Community - BreatheHeavy |  Exhale

Edited by DiamondCircus
4 minutes ago, Ehju0901 said:

If the first single was good, I think it would do slightly better than Glory.

That's true, I just don't see her having an album sustaining on the charts with no promo and if she put out something good and ruining it by going online ranting.

1 hour ago, DiamondCircus said:

Would a new Britney album, sail or sink?

Lots of headlines, random projects and drama seems to surround the Princess of Pop.

Is it plausible that a new album would do okay the first week then fall off? We know the probability of a tour or going on a big promotion spree for the release is slim to non.

Britney is slowly fading. - Page 2 - Britney Community - BreatheHeavy |  Exhale

Frankly, most people would be happy for anything  :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I'm pretty sure I would like it. Like alot. I'm pretty sure it would be good. Probably mature. She not new with that kind of stuff. I also get that feeling from Manjubi, like it's made by someone who been doing it for a while. Would it be appreciated? I think it would. Would it be her all time number one? I don't know. Could be. Why not..

Just now, Britney671 said:

She woukd get a ton of press.i would announce a tour also if she ever plans to do that lol.i think her album would be really popular then drop. She has a ton of interest now. 

Fanbase doesn't know how to stream people still reaching for I tunes charts success.

:tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

Just now, itsjames said:

Her current image is not very appealing. If she doesn't do any promo, it would guarantee a massive floppage.

Good point, I think the projection is that if she's not performance ready any bad performance would probably send the album the same place Katy is currently sitting.

• Like 1

It would be successful, think about how easily we get old songs to the top of iTunes and how successful HMC was. The US and Brazilian fans would make the album a huge success and I’m sure the GP would enjoy too regardless of their opinions on her personal life

10 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

Good point, I think the projection is that if she's not performance ready any bad performance would probably send the album the same place Katy is currently sitting.

It would do way better than woman’s world bsfr, as long as the album isn’t produced by doctor luke

13 minutes ago, PolySpears said:

she should do a tour and proper promo if she does an album ... or let it be like blackout

and she might outsell Taylor :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

If she releases 8,000 variations and sad girl summer from by ********* edition as well as underground boredom variation from the in the woods studio 

1 minute ago, Toxic.Latin said:

We asked the same in 2007, and she gave us this:

Britney Spears Blackout Limited Edition LP Vinyl Black, Red & Yellow  Splatter - US

The difference is Blackout was out before social media really took off like it has the last 10-15 years it's picked up.

This album is iconic, but sales were panned compared to the 3 albums prior, animated video and only 3 singles.

Commercially it bombed at the time.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.