Is Britney a completely different person since her doc "For The Record"?

10 hours ago, BlueFyre3 said:

Yes! I’ve been waiting on someone to bring this up. In FTR, Britney was the most articulate, self-aware, and well spoken that I had ever seen her. She was so put together and insightful. I had honestly never seen her like that before, and it was refreshing to see her being so thoughtful and able to articulate her thoughts and feelings so well. Unfortunately, that’s the last time I ever saw her being “normal”. Now, the Britney of today is a sad shadow of the Britney in FTR. I think 2024 Britney is suffering from extreme trauma and PTSD, untreated mental illness, and substance abuse. FTR Britney was sober and sharp. Sadly, I doubt we’ll ever have that version of Britney back. 

Ftr is the begining of cship. I think they didn't give her much dr**s and she was more cooperative bc she thought it will end fast. Through the years i think they did give her more and more dr**s so she comply. She was almost like zombie in fft tour. It definitely affected her and then lithium...she'll never be the same again. 

To me, For the Record still felt like Britney being Britney, just in a recovery state.

I do think the years took a toll and she drastically changed. Also, I think during For the Record, Britney was still in a state of "hope" where she probably thought things would be back to normal after a year or so.

Personally, I LOVED For the Record...something about the way it was presented felt raw, unfiltered, true and there's this weird nostalgia around it. It was the last glimpse of the 2006-2010 pop era.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, BlueFyre3 said:

Yes! I’ve been waiting on someone to bring this up. In FTR, Britney was the most articulate, self-aware, and well spoken that I had ever seen her. She was so put together and insightful. I had honestly never seen her like that before, and it was refreshing to see her being so thoughtful and able to articulate her thoughts and feelings so well. Unfortunately, that’s the last time I ever saw her being “normal”. Now, the Britney of today is a sad shadow of the Britney in FTR. I think 2024 Britney is suffering from extreme trauma and PTSD, untreated mental illness, and substance abuse. FTR Britney was sober and sharp. Sadly, I doubt we’ll ever have that version of Britney back. 

I agree with you but.. have tou evwe thought that this was the then 'approved' by her team version of 'Britney Spears' that the GP had to see? That  there was a need to re-present herself as  'honest' and 'grounded'? 

As I see it, she was half truthful and pressed by her father to appear like that. On the other hand, she was to a point, herself. She only knows.. I have watched it five times!

4 hours ago, Gypsy Woman said:

To me, For the Record still felt like Britney being Britney, just in a recovery state.

I do think the years took a toll and she drastically changed. Also, I think during For the Record, Britney was still in a state of "hope" where she probably thought things would be back to normal after a year or so.

Personally, I LOVED For the Record...something about the way it was presented felt raw, unfiltered, true and there's this weird nostalgia around it. It was the last glimpse of the 2006-2010 pop era.

'Also, I think during For the Record, Britney was still in a state of "hope" where she probably thought things would be back to normal after a year or so…'  sadly, yes.

12 hours ago, icybaby said:

Ftr is the begining of cship. I think they didn't give her much dr**s and she was more cooperative bc she thought it will end fast. Through the years i think they did give her more and more dr**s so she comply. She was almost like zombie in fft tour. It definitely affected her and then lithium...she'll never be the same again. 

Yes! It’s amazing how she can barely string her words together to form complete sentences now, and she always speaks in a weird voice. In FTR, she sounded so clear and so well-spoken. The change from FTR to now is unbelievable. 

Edited by BlueFyre3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.