Who was at fault in the Halsey situation: Britney or Cade?

100% Britney!

She has full control over who has access to her account so what gets posted is on her - whether she approved it or not. 

It’d be no different than if the president’s social media manager posted something horrible and then tried to blame someone else for it.

• Like 1

Jumanji Skint tbh

:jamie_lynn_grape:

But honestly, I don’t really see the big deal. It was a misunderstanding (… it happens) and it was squashed promptly.

I can say I’ve done the same thing in everyday life, where I’ve been triggered by comment somebody made but later realised it wasn’t about me and I let my insecurities get the better of me in the moment etc.

I agree she needs a solid PR and social media team to protect her.

Edited by nwonder
  • Love 2
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, OneTrackMind said:

I think she was fine with Halsey covering/sampling Lucky, but I do believe she had no idea about the mv or about Halsey's struggles (i mean, who actually knows??) so she thought Halsey was using Britney's worst moments for herself. The blood drawing and the head shaving might have been too triggering for her. 

She should have talked to Halsey or her team before posting though, she doesn't understand that she's Britney Spears and not some random pop girly. She posts something and even if she deletes it within 10 minutes, everyone saves it and takes screenshots so it's here forever. 

I think it's something like this too. If Halsey did speak directly to Britney I'm sure it was brief and only about the nature of the sample used on the song. Likely Britney knows little about Halsey and the similarities between their lives probably seemed more like a parody of her life to Britney. Also let's not forget what happened with Cry Me a River's video, I'm sure that Britney had a flashback to the moment she saw that video. She was emotional and made a post without understanding the situation. It's easier to say she was hacked then explain all that which is standard for celeb retractions on social media.

I think after Britney thought about it or it was explained to her she realized no ill will was meant and it was fine, but the entire thing should have been explained not just the song itself.

• Love 4

I adore Britney.

Hurt Britney lash out, sometimes regret it and take it back.  I am not a fan of it but that goes  for everyone.

Everybody says "its been three years, she should be over it now".

The media, mostly TMZ has torn her a part claiming how sick she is and a ton of other things. And this is AFTER the c-ship ended.

I wish people could support her a bit because I dont think she feels so good about herself at times. 

7 hours ago, The Queen said:

Or maybe Halsey spoke to 'Britney' aka Cade, and the real Brit never knew about it.

8 hours ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

It’s not about who manages her account. Britney uploads to her own account, but Halsey sent a letter to Britney and Cade replied pretending to be her. Britney’s post saying she wanted to take legal action is Britney. Cade never filled her in that he replied to Halsey and in turn, set Britney up. I hope Britney fires him…What else is going to take? He did something similar with Miley years ago where he sold her out to the media and pretended to be her at times.

This.  :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

9 hours ago, PlatinumB said:

tiffany pollard GIF

We need to get loud about this because it's so, so weird. Why would she not know the concept of the video? If they spoke and had her "blessing"? This was a similar situation when she found out Charli xcx was writing for her and got pissed and spoke out about never returning to the music biz... Cade really is sh!!t i'm sorry... @cadehudson22 get it together! 

HES ON HERE?

• Haha 1

Halsey didn’t do anything wrong, and I’m not sure how anyone could think she did. She already said she got Britney’s permission and blessing to use “Lucky” in her song and the music video had nothing to do with Britney. It was about Halsey’s own personal struggles. But obviously Britney is so paranoid and ashamed of how she’s made her own self look like a fool so many times in public that she thought it was about her and then backtracked when she realized she stuck her foot in her mouth again. 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

They were the best of friends and he leaked pictures of her to the media. He also pretended to be her and Miley said something about it on Twitter. This happened during the OceanUp and AnythingDiz days.

I didn't knoe he had problems with Miley.

Maybe that's why we didn't see Miley in Britney's wedding. Cade didn't invite her... 

And Britney ignores her a lot since 2019. She mentioned Miley only a few times, but it was cold or the "she did dr**s on stage". 

Edited by Dark Willow

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.