World Premiere of Halsey's "Lucky" Music Video

𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐟 𝐰𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐜 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐰, 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞-𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐜 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭, 𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫.

𝕿𝖍𝖆𝖙'𝖘 𝖜𝖍𝖞 𝕴 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊 𝖎𝖙 & 𝕴'𝖒 𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖊 𝖘𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖘 𝖎𝖙.

• Love 8
  • Like 1

i think the song is really cool, but when i see stuff like this, the song is lucky, but the concept of the video is pretty much every time to me. britney has some really good directors… britney’s videos just seemed so big. halseys video just seems so cheaply made and directed. some directors can do so much with so little, im just not getting that here. i’ll keep listening cuz i wanna like the song. but the vids just not it

• Love 1
  • Like 5

Y’all would cream your panties if Britney dropped a video like this.

I think Halsey did a good job with Lucky & the visuals and storytelling while simple are effective. Not every video needs to be super high budget to be impactful. She’s brave for putting her health struggles like that out there & showing that sometimes things aren’t always what they seem when it comes to celebs.

I wonder if B will watch it. 

Edited by monalisaney81
  • Love 6
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, PolySpears said:

Could someone explain the story please? :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:

The girl we see in the beginning has someone to look up to and to have some inspiration which is Lucky, a singer/popstar. She has no idea that her awesome popstar has also troubled relationship with her father and deals with a severe illness. The little girl also has trouble with her dad... They connect somehow beyond the glamourized world of posters and Hollywood and meet in a place which is like a bridge between their current 'me's and their inner children. Lucky might have a moment to reconnect with her deeper inner self which might help to solve the emptyness she feels... That's what I got.

depressed black and white GIF

Edited by Fita
  • Love 4
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, RBFLOVESBRITNEY said:

Wow. That made me tear up. I wasnt expecting to be wowed. I loved the video and it reminded me of being a sad little teen in my room wishing to be Britney. 

Britney Spears Lingerie GIF by Yandy.com

Me too... Relatable :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming: Dancing around in our houses feeling pretty like Britney, wishing to be a star (behind the scenes, the lucky girl does not feel that lucky or pretty at all)

Edited by Fita
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, icybaby said:

I actially like the lyric and parts of video seems like Britneys life or am i reaching...

I don't know anything about Halsey's life, but based on the music video there's definitely some parallels between hers and Britney's life

A difficult childhood

Dreaming of being a big star to escape your reality

Rising to fame while still feeling lonely inside

People questioning why you shaved your head when in fact they don't know the whole story

Dealing with gossips and rumors

Repeating violent patterns with your love partners because that's the way you were raised 

:otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

Edited by Pablitonizer
  • Like 2
Just now, Pablitonizer said:

I don't know anything about Halsey's life, but based on the music video there's definitely some parallels between hers and Britney's life

A difficult childhood

People questioning why you shaved your head when in fact they don't know the whole story

Repeating violent patterns with your love partners because that's the way you were raised 

Arguing with dad (tv scene) and  arguing with a boyfriend. But it is probably common things for everyone

10 minutes ago, Pablitonizer said:

A difficult childhood

Dreaming of being a big star to escape your reality

And for the final scene, the joy (really special and key thing here) they feel whenever they play, dance... to reconnect with their inner little 'me's... like in that garden swing scene.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.