Rare interview of Xtina talking about Britney (2000)

19 minutes ago, PlatinumB said:

Interesting. She seems less bitter about the comparison here. I like this Xtina more. I wonder why she gave into the bitter hatred years after.  

Imagine Xtina on “Me Against the Music” instead of Madonna. It would have been an even bigger moment!:chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

• Love 1
  • Like 4
Posted (edited)
On 7/25/2024 at 1:25 PM, PlatinumB said:

Interesting. She seems less bitter about the comparison here. I like this Xtina more. I wonder why she gave into the bitter hatred years after.  

She was like this until 2003 (and that was the only year when she says bad things) also Britney says always good things about her until 2003 too:

Xtina wore a badge at a vmas after party that said I have ****ed Britney Spears and Britney was at the same party:

christina-aguilera-during-2003-mtv-video

tumblr_n28ijzfzHQ1tq6hymo1_500.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT96BWfcV6LIZjUQvC5F90

britney-spears.jpg?s=1024x1024&w=gi&k=20

Xtina talk about Britney (that she seems a lost kid in the rehearls and that she did a playback in the perfomance (that was true)) and Beyonce in Bender magazine in 2003 and then there was a beef:

spacer.png

(Britney talk about this cover in her book)

2:49

"She says sometimes a rude things"

32:13

"She can be a little arrogant sometimes..."

She leaves the Justin Birthday in 5 minuts when Xtina arrives.

Also this:

6:30

"And she says to you that she intend kiss me?"

Apart of the thing of doing a tour and photoshoots with Justin and being with him

Is the only era whe they have something personal. 

Edited by descg
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

Nice, but by that time they were VERY similar

Of course we all knew xtina had a more powerful voice, but the style, the music, the videos, the dancing were all VERY VERY similar.

and we all know why every single female singer was compared to damn britney spears (shes so pretty, that just aint me) sorry could help lol

but for real... every female singer was compared to britney simple because IT ALREADY WAS (and it will always be) BRITNEY *****! :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

(im waiting for a miracle, I STILL BELIVE shell comeback eventully) :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

actually, after the #freebritney movement, now we could star a #istillbelieve movement for hetr to comeback to music. :gaspney_britney_what_wow_shocked_surprised:

• Love 1
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Fabricio Alex said:

Nice, but by that time they were VERY similar

Of course we all knew xtina had a more powerful voice, but the style, the music, the videos, the dancing were all VERY VERY similar.

The same style, music, and videos of all the singers of that time like Nsync, TLC, JLo, Destiny's Child, Aaliyah, influenced by Janet/Michael and doing what was the type of pop artist that was a thing at that era, Britney was more important (because the promotion was bigger) and better dancer, but not invented nothing. 

Edited by descg
  • Love 1
Posted (edited)
On 7/25/2024 at 1:46 PM, Style. said:

Imagine Xtina on “Me Against the Music” instead of Madonna. It would have been an even bigger moment!:chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

In fact Xtina criticize the video of Me Agaisnt The Music:

7:24

The concept of Me Against The Music is more complex that seems (with messages of the social classes and secret organizations that control the world and that monitor us, political issues like the entire American Life era.)

Edited by descg
  • Haha 1
49 minutes ago, descg said:

She was like this until 2003 (and that was the only year when she says bad things) also Britney says always good things about her until 2003 too:

Xtina wore a badge at a vmas after party that said I have ****ed Britney Spears and Britney was at the same party:

christina-aguilera-during-2003-mtv-video

tumblr_n28ijzfzHQ1tq6hymo1_500.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT96BWfcV6LIZjUQvC5F90

britney-spears.jpg?s=1024x1024&w=gi&k=20

Xtina talk about Britney (that she seems a lost kid in the rehearls and that she did a playback in the perfomance (that was true)) and Beyonce in Bender magazine in 2003 and then there was a beef:

'Beyonce'

spacer.png

(Britney talk about this cover in her book)

2:49

32:13

"She can be a little arrogant sometimes..."

She leaves the Justin Birthday in 5 minuts when Xtina arrives.

Also this:

6:55

Apart of the thing of doing a tour and photoshoots with Justin and being with him

Is the only era whe they have something personal. 

Oh wow biich I live! You came with 

a567e595023fdecb11defde87b4f0e1bf0e0641a

You are the best! Thank you haha xoxo

Edited by PlatinumB
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, descg said:

The same style, music, and videos of all the singers of that time like Nsync, TLC, JLo, Destiny's Child, Aaliyah, influenced by Janet/Michael and doing what was the type of pop artist that was a thing at that era, Britney was more important (because the promotion was bigger) and better dancer, but not invented nothing. 

I didnt say she invented anything... but its a fact SHE HAD (and she still has) SOMETHING ELSE. She exploded the scene with her very first single. Promotion can help a song to hit but cant make it a gamechanger. 

btw... AALIYAH ❤️ (really hope she was still here, i bet she would be HUUUUUUGE. i was listening to her greatest hits just yesterday)

• Love 2

Friendships fall apart sometimes. We heard from Britney in her memoir how she was hurt seeing Christina WITH JUSTIN on the cover of Rolling Stone and how THE CONSERVATORSHIP made her uncomfortable around people having fun, like Christina and her dancers. That's all. We can all relate to those feelings. 

Both girls have denied for decades now that they don't like each other. We grow apart from friends. We all do. Imagine being pitched against one of your school friends. 

Nothing but love for both women. They are mothers, they are artists in their own right, they are talented, they grew up in front of our eyes! 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, PlatinumB said:

Because she was always compared to Britney and despise being a superior vocalist her music never had the impact that Brintey music had. So I think that affected Xtina perception and maybe made her a little jealous. After all this girls know each other since were little girls and were always competing for roles.

Edited by MissDebbie
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, MissDebbie said:

Because she was always compared to Britney and despise being a superior vocalist her music never had the impact that Brintey music had. 

Speak on it! Britney has endless riz... Xtina doesn't have a ounce of it unfortunately. :chershade_red_wig_oh_hair_hmm: 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BritneyWiki said:

This was the nicest I've heard Xtina sound but there were still some subtle digs at Britney and it didn't sound completely ginuwine. But i wish she kept it this classy all the time 

There are many in fact where it is nicest:

1:25 she calls her "Brit Brit" (we already know that's what how the people close to her called her) but yeah here even she wasn't even famous, she was making the Genie video.

Even in 2002 that was super tired about the comparation was very nice:

2:52

Something change in 2003.

Edited by descg

I still remember when she intruduced 'Genie In A Bottle' in a German tv show, and she said "hi, my name is Christina Aguilera, and I was in the MMC with Britney Spears".

That was literally the first info she told us about herself besides her name. So of course she was nice as long as it benefitted her. This is why I always liked her music, but never liked her personality. She exploited Britney's name at the very beginning, and then she was upset when people made comparisons, how hypocritical is that. Even in this interview, she's like oh, people do this because we were in the same show... girl, you told them, you used her name because Britney was already popular.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, DarielXO said:

I still remember when she intruduced 'Genie In A Bottle' in a German tv show, and she said "hi, my name is Christina Aguilera, and I was in the MMC with Britney Spears".

Sorry i don't believe that she says exacly that phrase. Or in a "introductiong" form, maybe she explaines. 

Edited by descg

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.