1 hour ago, Wendy Williams said:

Okay, I'll pretend you didn't say anything. I don't support the illegal trade with animals. But if I could pay "ransom" to give these animals a better future, I would, if I had no choice. I'd rather see animals in a shelter where they get food and people can borrow them for occasional walks than to see sick and bullied dogs lying in a dark basement and in their shiits. :girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:

Its not a ''''ransom'''' its literally buying them, you cant say you don't support the trade of animals and then say you will pay to get them a 'better life' by buying them. 

If the practise was illegal the would have to go to a shelter regardless upon confiscation, and even with that, shelters are not this magical place where they are treated like kings, most if not all of them are underfunded and on maximum capacity. 

You can't be this dumb lol 

13 hours ago, ImmaSlave4U said:

And with these kinds of cutesy posts, Britney has sentenced countless deserving dogs in shelters to more days without love, a comfy bed to curl up on, or a chance at a real life. She could be a force for good and adopt, but instead she chooses to be toxic, and animals pay with their lives.

It’s irresponsible to bring more dogs into the world when so many are already here, desperate for loving homes. And purchasing from a “private breeder” is no better than going to a pet shop or puppy mill. If you buy a dog, you’re killing another dog’s chance of finding a home. Period.

spacer.png

too easy to wind up with a dog with severe behavioral problems.  not Britney's fault people won't sterilize their pets or try and dump their unwanted animals off on someone else

I'd much rather buy a dog

On 7/22/2024 at 9:08 AM, Jassoe3 said:

I'd much rather buy a dog

When you buy an animal from a pet store or a breeder, you're responsible for a new member of the family! You're also responsible for the death of an animal in a shelter who needed a home. You can help prevent this—by not buying animals!

Homelessness is not just a human problem. Every year, U.S. animal shelters must euthanize nearly 4 million dogs and cats because of simple math: too many animals, not enough worthy adoptive homes. If you want to bring an animal into your life, always adopt from an animal shelter.

Edited by ImmaSlave4U
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, peacht said:

Its not a ''''ransom'''' its literally buying them, you cant say you don't support the trade of animals and then say you will pay to get them a 'better life' by buying them. 

If the practise was illegal the would have to go to a shelter regardless upon confiscation, and even with that, shelters are not this magical place where they are treated like kings, most if not all of them are underfunded and on maximum capacity. 

You can't be this dumb lol 

Yes, but in my country, shelters are a good place where lots of people bring them food and gifts. Can we agree that there is a better shelter for the dogs than these traffickers? 

1 hour ago, ImmaSlave4U said:

When you buy an animal from a pet store or a breeder, you're responsible for a new member of the family! You're also responsible for the death of an animal in a shelter who needed a home. You can help prevent this—by not to buying animals!

Homelessness is not just a human problem. Every year, U.S. animal shelters must euthanize nearly 4 million dogs and cats because of simple math: too many animals, not enough worthy adoptive homes. If you want to bring an animal into your life, always adopt from an animal shelter.

The people responsible for euthanasia of shelter dogs are the ones that didn't sterilize them or abandoned them.  You are not responsible for other people's poor decisions, they are.

Too many people who own dogs don't have the finances, time, energy, patience or knowledge on how to train them which is why so many wind up in shelters. Or they choose breeds that are poorly suited for indoor living. A well trained dog is beneficial for a family while a poorly behaved one is a huge negative. Buying from a top breeder minimizes this risk

4 hours ago, Wendy Williams said:

Yes, and these "unsold" animals then die because the person kills them if they don't sell them. So I care about their future of the animals, and you deal with the moral point of view. So neither of us can say anything to the other because we are both right. 

Quality breeders don't breed dogs to make money.  The cost of DNA screening for genetic defects and purchasing sperm is large, all this is done to further improve bloodlines which has been going on for hundreds of years.  Supporting quality breeders results in healthier breeds over time.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Wendy Williams said:

Yes, but in my country, shelters are a good place where lots of people bring them food and gifts. Can we agree that there is a better shelter for the dogs than these traffickers? 

Go back, read my comment and reply accordingly

51 minutes ago, peacht said:

Go back, read my comment and reply accordingly

Your comments are so one-sided and judgmental that I don't know how to respond without you reacting like a teased v@gina. If you are from America, your expression speaks for itself. My last reply to you. Bye.

1 hour ago, Jassoe3 said:

Quality breeders don't breed dogs to make money.  The cost of DNA screening for genetic defects and purchasing sperm is large, all this is done to further improve bloodlines which has been going on for hundreds of years.  Supporting quality breeders results in healthier breeds over time.

Agreed with you. Unfortunately, there is no way to stop the illegal form of selling animals. 

13 minutes ago, Wendy Williams said:

Your comments are so one-sided and judgmental that I don't know how to respond without you reacting like a teased v@gina. If you are from America, your expression speaks for itself. My last reply to you. Bye.

Agreed with you. Unfortunately, there is no way to stop the illegal form of selling animals. 

i dont even know where you got that im American, I have never visited the us. 

Saying facts that you don't like is not judgmental.

Sadly even legal breeders are unethical and yes, they are made to make money since in every industry you need profit to continue

17 hours ago, peacht said:

She was pictured buying many many many dogs during her prime and we literally never heard from them again, also her old Sarah Beth dog from 2015 is not the same one as we saw on instagram... One was a brown yorkie the new one is white.

She mentioned Sara Beth a year ago on her IG. I doubt there's two Sara Beths. The two white Maltese dogs are called Lacy Loo and Snow.

21 hours ago, ImmaSlave4U said:

And with these kinds of cutesy posts, Britney has sentenced countless deserving dogs in shelters to more days without love, a comfy bed to curl up on, or a chance at a real life. She could be a force for good and adopt, but instead she chooses to be toxic, and animals pay with their lives.

It’s irresponsible to bring more dogs into the world when so many are already here, desperate for loving homes. And purchasing from a “private breeder” is no better than going to a pet shop or puppy mill. If you buy a dog, you’re killing another dog’s chance of finding a home. Period.

spacer.png

It's important to recognize that not all breeders are the same, and there's a significant distinction between responsible breeders and irresponsible or "backyard" breeders. Reputable breeders adhere to high standards and are registered with recognized organizations such as the American Kennel Club (AKC) and the Fédération Cynologique Internationale (FCI). These organizations enforce strict breeding guidelines to ensure the health and well-being of the dogs.

For example, my dog comes from a performance line, and the breeder is registered with both the FCI and the AKC. The breeder's dogs have won countless awards both in the USA and internationally. Responsible breeders conduct extensive health and genetic testing on their breeding dogs to prevent the transmission of hereditary diseases, ensuring the long-term health and quality of the breed. They are passionate about the breed and work to improve it, with a deep understanding of the breed's characteristics, needs, and potential health issues. Their motivation is not profit but the maintenance and enhancement of the breed's qualities.

Additionally, many responsible breeders have dogs that excel in various competitions and have earned titles and awards, demonstrating their commitment to the breed. In contrast, backyard breeders often lack this dedication, breeding dogs without proper testing or knowledge, they typically breed "designer dogs" and they focus solely on profit. Thus, while backyard breeders can be harmful, responsible breeders play a crucial role in preserving and improving dog breeds.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.