Halsey is making fun of Britney, this is not a tribute. Britney is going to be upset about this, only Cade could have approved such a bad idea

I don't see this as a tribute.

Its not far from the same thing that the team co did for years, exploitation of her image.

Its the glamorization of her breakdown and profiting from it, I find it disgusting, now Halsey is wearing a pink wig and saying that she is going to have a public breakdown, as if Britney's breakdown and the pain it caused her for years was a fashion trend.

She created a false character inspired by Britney to laugh at her, her fall and her mental problems and profit from this.

Captura-de-pantalla-2024-07-17-a-la-s-6-

And now look at the promotional videos:

She’s acting like someone without any manners, almost like she's mentally r3trd3d, with clear borderline syndrome that leads her to have hysterical outbursts on set:

Edited by NJ jeans
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, super.nova said:

I think she’s making fun of the industry. and that teen pop era

Britney's not the industry, she's using Britney's image and even musically since she's calling "Lucky" this character and she's doing a cover of Lucky.

• Like 2

I don’t think she’s making fun of Britney. I think the context of this is so different. She’s contemplating her own mental health (which she’s openly struggled with) through a lens from a specific time period that is currently trendy and romanticized, especially by Gen Z.

• Love 2
  • Like 4

There is something off about this that she's doing. I know she's not making fun or mocking Britney. However it feels off that one singer would glamorize or make the pictures look like tabloid magazines and trying hard to make the era look like this, faking it or acting like a bothered singer/popstar when in fact Britney had tons of magazines and paparazzi and she didn't even like them at all. It's like Halsey is trying to have that image or use it when Britney had it and didn't even care... She didn't like it and it's a rotten part of the culture. On top of that, I just know that she's not mocking Britney BUT it is weird or a cheap attitude.

I read some comments above and I could change my mind about it. Maybe Halsey is trying to criticize of reflect about those years where one person would be struggling in front of our eyes like Britney did and we'd be laughing at it or calling him/her crazy. It could be.

Edited by Fita
  • Like 2

Ok, there was a thread earlier and i didnt even comment because of how off i thought it was, but now that i see all the posts together, yes its def britney paps chaotic era inspired,  and i totally see it. I dont think she is doing it to make fun of tho, but more like a rockstar popstar look she propably saw when she was younger and thought it was cool? Having said that, if she had a nice msg to go along with it would have been better, but just to milk a persons trauma years, no....but tbh halsey and her work are never that deep and i dont think she even had the outlook we are just having, so i see no malice in it, but also girl its deep for other people so better watch it and keep in ur own lane u garde c artist. Overall saying all that i think idk what i think :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Like 3

I don't think she is making fun of Britney... but I don't know if Britney herself would approve this in different circumstances...

But Halsey had team Britney brand approval, so maybe Britney will not think it is another person "bullying" her. Let's wait and see...

Edited by Dark Willow
  • Like 1

I agree with the first comment. It seems more like a comment or homage to the Y2K-McBling era.

I haven't listened to this girl's music in my life. But some of you need to find hobbies outside this forum. This is the second Halsey hater (if it is not the same person)  who makes a thread about their hatred towards her. Like we don't care. Move ON!

:madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts:

• Like 3

I do think one thing :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

this is extremely tacky :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: 

compared the her other eras. Her direction it’s kinda going nowhere just directly to flop:yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

and I LOVE ME SOME HALSEY :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand:

This is just, boring, is she using canvas for this magazine shlt? :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay:

kinda expected some bottom energy blooming with her, like troye sivan with rush and the entire album, he’s definitely eating:yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

And the cover sounds like she recorded with her phone and make the cuts with CapCut :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

Anyways Bep :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:BEEP

I doubt that she is dissing Britney. It doesn’t come off as a diss to me. She just seems bored and pretending to be in Britney’s shoes. So I think it’s safe to leave her alone. Besides Britney followed her on Instagram so I think she approves of all this. Her team probably contacted Britney and told her if it was ok to do this and she probably said yes 

Just stop

Do you actually think someone in the industry would do anything malice towards Britney at this point? I mean with everything that’s gone on let’s be serious 

its just a vibe/aesthetic and I’m not even a fan of Halsey. It’s not that deep

Edited by SJK
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.