Glory is 13k away from hitting Gold in US- JOIN TO HELP!

5 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

How does that work if I have Apple Music?

Can I just listen to one song repeatedly? 

yes.  since itunes cut the price of singles it's like 150 streams for a single on Apple Music.  i'm fairly certain the RIAA never changed their methodology still counting 3 singles as an album equivalent even though singles no longer cost what they were pre-itunes

deezer? and qobuz pay considerably more per stream but I don't think most Americans use anything besides Apple Music

• Love 1
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, Jassoe3 said:

yes.  since itunes cut the price of singles it's like 150 streams for a single on Apple Music.  i'm fairly certain the RIAA never changed their methodology still counting 3 singles as an album equivalent even though singles no longer cost what they were pre-itunes

deezer? and qobuz pay considerably more per stream but I don't think most Americans use anything besides Apple Music

Sweet! So I'll just play the entire album once and that should count towards sales at least once, correct? 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Sweet! So I'll just play the entire album once and that should count towards sales at least once, correct? 

would have to make a playlist and let it run on repeat if you cared enough to bother, since an album is around $10-18 that's like a few days worth of streams

think apple music pays around $0.008 per stream that exceeds 30 seconds of playback

if Apple Music pays $0.008/stream would be 175 streams for a single equivalent with the itunes store charging $1.30 for individual digital singles.  I believe the RIAA still considers 3 singles sales an album equivalent, if that's the case then 525 single streams for an album equivalent

either way it's a matter of time before Glory gets RIAA's Gold certification

Edited by Jassoe3
  • Like 2

It was around 440k in 2021 so I knew it had to be close! We can get this done in like a month or two if we try! A top 20 platinum single, a second single with a terrific video and is gold (eligible) and then finally a gold album, all with little promo / botched rollout! The album even had decent reviews and is considered a fan favorite, not bad after nearly 20 years in if you ask me! 

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, Jassoe3 said:

would have to make a playlist and let it run on repeat if you cared enough to bother, since an album is around $10-18 that's like a few days worth of streams

think apple music pays around $0.008 per stream that exceeds 30 seconds of playback

if Apple Music pays $0.008/stream would be 175 streams for a single equivalent with the itunes store charging $1.30 for individual digital singles.  I believe the RIAA still considers 3 singles sales an album equivalent, if that's the case then 525 single streams for an album equivalent

either way it's a matter of time before Glory gets RIAA's Gold certification

Jesus Christ …. 525 times just to buy one album 😳

Thanks for taking the time to explain all that! 

29 minutes ago, e_ffen said:

It was around 440k in 2021 so I knew it had to be close! We can get this done in like a month or two if we try! A top 20 platinum single, a second single with a terrific video and is gold (eligible) and then finally a gold album, all with little promo / botched rollout! The album even had decent reviews and is considered a fan favorite, not bad after nearly 20 years in if you ask me! 

Love it!

Blackout - Femme Fatale - Glory

and then

BOMT - Oops - ITZ 

Perfect combination and contrast in her discography! 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Jesus Christ …. 525 times just to buy one album 😳

Thanks for taking the time to explain all that! 

sorry my mistake based on reading wikipedia for RIAA certifications apparently 1500 paid single streams is an album equivalent which would be like 3.5 days worth of streaming.  This would be a payout from Apple Music of about $12. 

I use Qobuz for streaming which apparently pays $0.04/stream regardless the RIAA would still require 1500 streams even though that would be $60 in royalties or 5 times what Apple Music pays

Since physical singles cost like $3.50 before itunes they used to consider 3 singles an album equivalent.

Edited by Jassoe3
  • Love 1

At the current pace, it will get there next year. And in 15-20 years, it will be platinum. Can't wait. :chershade_red_wig_oh_hair_hmm: I really hope they dont take another 10 years for certification updates. End of next year would be amazing, as Toxic is moving fast towards being diamond eligible. 

3 hours ago, Jassoe3 said:

sorry my mistake based on reading wikipedia for RIAA certifications apparently 1500 paid single streams is an album equivalent which would be like 3.5 days worth of streaming.  This would be a payout from Apple Music of about $12. 

I use Qobuz for streaming which apparently pays $0.04/stream regardless the RIAA would still require 1500 streams even though that would be $60 in royalties or 5 times what Apple Music pays

Since physical singles cost like $3.50 before itunes they used to consider 3 singles an album equivalent.

1500 :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

I'm just going to order the vinyl again at this rate and sell it on ebay with the amount of electricity I would be wasting LMAO 

• Haha 1
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

1500 :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

I'm just going to order the vinyl again at this rate and sell it on ebay with the amount of electricity I would be wasting LMAO 

I had an old ipad, created a new Apple ID and got an Apple Music trial for like 3 months. downloaded the songs I wanted, then made a playlist and kept adding over and over the recently played songs.  It was over 12 hours long and I just let it run.  You can turn off the bluetooth, and turn on the battery saver to keep battery consumption low.

I wouldn't have done this with my own Apple ID since I wasn't willing risk getting banned but I doubt they care.  I know an office where the owner just lets Apple Music run nonstop in the background in a commercial setting.  Apple would be paying like over $600/yr in royalties at a huge loss and they never did anything

One good thing about Taylor Swift is she made Apple Music pay royalties during trials. btw, Taylor has zero diamond albums while Britney has two

EDIT:  Her 2nd album from 2008 Fearless which I regrettably purchased became platinum in 2017.  Now I'll have to purchase a gold series BOMT CD to balance out the universe

Edited by Jassoe3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Jassoe3 said:

I had an old ipad, created a new Apple ID and got an Apple Music trial for like 3 months. downloaded the songs I wanted, then made a playlist and kept adding over and over the recently played songs.  It was over 12 hours long and I just let it run.  You can turn off the bluetooth, and turn on the battery saver to keep battery consumption low.

I wouldn't have done this with my own Apple ID since I wasn't willing risk getting banned but I doubt they care.  I know an office where the owner just lets Apple Music run nonstop in the background in a commercial setting.  Apple would be paying like over $600/yr in royalties at a huge loss and they never did anything

One good thing about Taylor Swift is she made Apple Music pay royalties during trials. btw, Taylor has zero diamond albums while Britney has two

Bless your heart. I just meant it would rank up my electricity bill, I'd imagine. I admire your conviction, though. 

Taylor who? 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952ihxms3td2600fzwhs8

• Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.