Getting this off my chest....

On 7/3/2024 at 8:09 PM, Mp mar50 said:

Hi. 

So i'm probably gonna get my post banned or even my profile as well but i have to say this :

I've been thinking about Britney as a singer. When she was a kid, especially during her time on the Mickey Mouse Club, she had a naturally good voice. But it seems like after she left the show, she didn't have a vocal coach to help her continue to improve her voice, which was already pretty good.

When she started recording her debut album, she still had that voice that could've been amazing but then she began adopting the "baby voice" style of singing. And even her live performances in 1999 were good but not amazing.

Instead of focusing on enhancing her vocal abilities, she started relying more on dancing and lip-syncing. Throughout her career, especially during the Oops!... I Did It Again era, she rarely sang live. The entire Oops Tour was mostly lip-synced to pre-recorded vocals, and more on dancing and visuals.

Even when she did sing live on shows like SNL or The View (Oops, DLMBTLT), her voice was unstable and weak.

By the time the Britney era came around, lip-syncing had become the norm for her performances. When she did sing live, like with "Not A Girl," it sounded average at best. 

It's clear that by the In The Zone era, Britney was more of a studio singer and primarily a dancer when performing live. Her vocals on "Everytime," for example, were not very good or interesting in my opinion.

Over the years, it feels like she progressively lost her vocal prowess.Britney Spears Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I just needed to get this off my chest because I can't pretend that Britney was the same vocal quality she had before the Mickey Mouse Club and after "Baby One More Time.

I didn’t read it but I’m happy for you / sorry it happened :cigney_britney_smoking_smoke_lit_light_2007_fur_cigarette:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.