Chappell Roan tells iHeartRadio that artists who inspired her growing up were Hannah Montana, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj

Style.

35 minutes ago, Style. said:

She mentioned Britney and Lana Del Rey as well, but I post that on the Britney section :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

No Fadoncè or Rihdundant tho, we won :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Hide contents

Even tho I don’t really know who this gal is :flawlessbye_leave_walk_there_i_said_it:

I’m turning into a bitter boomer because I hate the new generation’s taste and their celebrities. Every song sounds the ******* same. I guess this person is famous now because they look like the visual representation of a Gen Z-er :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, RadicalOptimism said:

I’m turning into a bitter boomer because I hate the new generation’s taste and their celebrities. Every song sounds the ******* same. I guess this person is famous now because they look like the visual representation of a Gen Z-er :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

I get you. That was me during 2017-2020. That’s why I completely erased pop from my playlists and started listening to rap, until rap became generic and unbearable too.:crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

I’ve made peace with the fact that I will never like the future pop girls the way I loved the past generation… so I like some songs here and there, but that’s about it. :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Style. said:

I get you. That was me during 2017-2020. That’s why I completely erased pop from my playlists and started listening to rap, until rap became generic and unbearable too.:crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

I’ve made peace with the fact that I will never like the future pop girls the way I loved the past generation… so I like some songs here and there, but that’s about it. :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

I just hate when someone blows up to the point of overexposure with little to no reason other than a mass cult following and people that want to fit in. I mean if they were a super threat and put on a killer performance besides just standing there singing I’d be singing a different tune. Anyone can be famous nowadays and why they’ll eventually fizzle out yet the pop stars of the 80s, 90s, 00s are still relevant. 

In true hypocritical fashion though now that it’s been out and talked about for years I finally listened to Espresso and it’s a cute lil bop. The song of summer? No but cute track for a cute lil Disney throwback 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, RadicalOptimism said:

I just hate when someone blows up to the point of overexposure with little to no reason other than a mass cult following and people that want to fit in. I mean if they were a super threat and put on a killer performance besides just standing there singing I’d be singing a different tune. Anyone can be famous nowadays and why they’ll eventually fizzle out yet the pop stars of the 80s, 90s, 00s are still relevant. 

In true hypocritical fashion though now that it’s been out and talked about for years I finally listened to Espresso and it’s a cute lil bop. The song of summer? No but cute track for a cute lil Disney throwback 

You’re right. Honestly, I didn’t hop on the Sabrina Carpenter bandwagon just because of “Espresso.” I’ve been following her since the feud with Olivia Rodrigo, and between the two, I find her more appealing to my taste. I bopped to some of her songs before, but the moment I heard “Espresso,” I knew she’d blow up. The pop scene needed her songs, to be honest.

Who are the other pop stars right now that are killing it? People are getting tired of Taylor Swift, and those songs are not summer material. Beyoncé seems kind of desperate and washed up.

I mean you tell me since you’re American. Who has the songs right now to be pushed like a legit super star? Don’t tell me Billie. I listened to Birds of a feather and Chihiro — they are beautiful, but idk…  

Edited by Style.
1 hour ago, RadicalOptimism said:

And yes, yes, yes about the old generation of pop stars! They are still IT! The material was there, the impact, the music, the visuals, the iconic moments…. :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.