Why did stans force themselves to like "Hold Me Closer" when it's trash?

this doesnt feel like a britney song

give me kunt, give me fierce, give me kuntasaki and mothershima

when britney did gimme more, she ate ****aminated food at the mother buffet and had explosive slayarrhea

i don't feel this on hold me closer 

Edited by Britney Baby
  • Haha 5
  • Like 2

It's a cute song. Glory was a good album as well. I can't imagine depicting my likes and dislikes based on whether a song was a hit or not. That kind of thinking is kind of pathetic and "npc" as the newer generation says it.  Glory is a fan fave, make me is also well liked but there are bandwagoners who insist that it's not good because it wasn't number 1 on the charts.

• Love 7
  • Like 1

In case you didn't see my reply in the other thread...

1470836941-sure-jan.gif?crop=0.505555555

1470836941-sure-jan.gif?crop=0.5055555551470836941-sure-jan.gif?crop=0.5055555551470836941-sure-jan.gif?crop=0.505555555

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

Agreed, the song is dull. I hear it every once in a while at the grocery store or wherever and I just tune it out.

I’d go as far to say that Tom’s Diner is miles better and even then I’d say I only listen to it every once in a blue moon.

Edited by Gypsy Woman
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Britney Baby said:

Britney hasn't put out anything memorable since Femme Fatale. Let's be honest. The last time that she felt somewhat relevant musically was during X Factor era, Scream & Shout and Work ***** music video. After Work ***** it all went downhill. 

On the scale of a "Toxic" or a "Gimme More," which are flawless 5/5 pop masterpieces, "Hold Me Closer" is a pathetic 2/5. i'd rate it that low. It's absolute garbage, just like "Ooh La La," "Pretty Girls," "Perfume," "Make Me," "Matches," "Mind Your Business"—all of these songs were horrendous and a blatant insult to Britney's legendary legacy. It's mind-boggling how the people in charge of her brand thought these songs suited Britney. They completely tarnished her discography with this trash. The triple consecutive punch of Blackout, Circus, and Femme Fatale was phenomenal and a perfect follow-up to Britney's early 2000s albums. Those eras showcased Britney at her best musically, proving she could evolve while still delivering hits .... Femme Fatale was so well produced  and then it all went downhill after that, the music was either mid, trash or didn't sound like a Britney song. I'd rather never hear new music from Britney again if it's going to sound like that garbage. Never again please. 

If a had to make top 100 list of Britney's best songs (whether it's album tracks, demos, singles etc) Hold Me Closer would probably be at the bottom of the list...  

Well, it's your opinion, so isn't necessarily based on facts.

tell me more the office GIF

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block