I don’t think ‘Britney Jean’ is as bad as everyone makes it out to be

the mixing of Britney Jean was really bad but i don’t care i love the lyrics on this album, it was so fun back then to tweet william and some collaborators some ideas. I will never forget that i was obsessed with foster the people back then and i suggested a feat with britney LOL, and then will.i.am said in one of his interviews that “don’t cry” whistles was recorded or that it was the idea of foster the people producer cause they were working on the same recording studio and will.i.am asked him for some ideas, so i feel like i was heard and that was so cool, even if that’s a lie. i told my bff about it in back then while we were driving listening to the song after a party with the sunrising coming, the songs on this album are quite spiritual and i love it.

• Love 1
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Style. said:

I agree about Britney’s vocals on Perfume, she nailed it. However, I don’t like the BJ photoshoot… at all! :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

Yeah the photoshoot wasn’t the greatest, but I did love the album cover photo and as I said the Perfume single cover photo. At least though we can say the BJ photoshoot was better than the god awful Randee overexposed lighting element mess that is the Glory album photoshoot.

Idk why she thought that was a great thing to do because it was awful and overdone. She didn’t need to up the exposure in every single photo or add a lighting effect.

There are maybe like two or three photos that Randee took that I actually like, other than that it was all garbage. Should’ve stuck with David LaChappelle

Edited by The Femme Fatale
6 minutes ago, The Femme Fatale said:

Yeah the photoshoot wasn’t the greatest, but I did love the album cover photo and as I said the Perfume single cover photo. At least though we can say the BJ photoshoot was better than the god awful Randee overexposed lighting element mess that is the Glory album photoshoot.

Idk why she thought that was a great thing to do because it was awful and overdone. She didn’t need to up the exposure in every single photo or add a lighting effect.

There are maybe like two or three photos that Randee took that I actually like, other than that it was all garbage. Should’ve stuck with David LaChappelle

I just now seen Randee did the photoshoot for Femme Fatale where that was actually pretty good so idk why she completely dropped the ball on the Glory photoshoot.

Anyway these are the only photos I actually really loved that came out during Glory taken by Randee.

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 6/6/2024 at 4:50 PM, Britney Xposed said:

I’m working on videos for the album tracks. It’s really interesting how they cut Britney like mid word sometimes and replace her with Myah. I’ve never heard anything like it 😫

Please post this I love watching these and seeing how much Mysh sings in them.

Britney Jean > glory for me despite Myah's additions.

Alien (my alarm song)

now that I found you

perfume original mix

D*** D**k boom

till it's gone

body ache 

It should be easy 

hold on tight 

• Love 1
On 6/7/2024 at 1:59 AM, oscar0 said:

The same thing happens to me with Glory. There are many good songs, slumber party was my most listened song in 2016, but it doesn't feel like a britney album, it lacks soul and it's mainly because of the ultra-processed vocals. Also, it felt like an attempt to copy Selena Gomez and her Revival album, which is very pathetic, since she is Britney, what the hell?

This right here !!! Britney shouldn't have jumped on those overused producers the lyrics were fine. Britney Jean sounds more like Britney than revival senior album(aka glory) ugh especially invitation

Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2024 at 5:06 PM, princessmimi said:

I don't think its that bad either.

I just think fans hate it cause Myah is singing most of the songs and Britney didn't sing most of the songs.

If she sang all the songs, I think this album wouldn't be hated on as much.

I mean sure it isn't an ITZ or Blackout but it had potential.

Most? Many fans agree Britney sings lead vocals on "Don't Cry," "Perfume," "It Should Be Easy," "Now That I Found You," most of "Tik Tik Boom," + the verses of "Alien," "Brightest Morning Star," "Passenger," and most of "Hold on Tight." (Her vocals are now louder in the Dolby Atmos version of the "Brightest Morning Star" chorus.)

It's the songs "Work Work," "Til It's Gone," "Chillin' With You," and "Body Ache" that many believe have little to no Britney in them. 

Regardless, since Britney Spears herself is not pressed about it and has never confirmed any of that dubbing, I choose to believe she's the lead singer of the overall album (incl. WW, TIG, BA & CWY) with Myah Marie as a strong vocal assistant and leave it at that. 

It's the only way to fully enjoy the album. Focusing too much on the dubbing, as you said, is what makes fans hate it. 

Edited by Arckangel

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.