Britney shares a clip of 'The Ring' on Instagram: Does anybody remember this movie where they hold this little girl captive?

18 hours ago, Gypsy Woman said:

I just saw it pop up on my Instagram. Honestly, is anyone else bored and tired of her talking about being held captive?

Like, I get talking about it in an effort to push for change or do something about it, but this is so “teenager who’s mad at their parents and sits in their room for hours on end trying to get attention from her peers.” 

For someone who doesn’t want to be painted as a victim, she sure does remind everyone how much of one she is.

Idk about you but if I (or anybody else as a matter of fact) were her I’d probably be doing way worse than shading my family on Instagram because I’m rightfully still angry at the fact they held me captive for 13 YEARS. Talking abt her as if she’s an immature angsty teenager that’s mad at her parents for no reason instead of a grown woman that has been severely traumatized is very much tone deaf… IMO. People don’t get over trauma in the span of two years.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, knee Queen of pop said:

Idk about you but if I (or anybody else as a matter of fact) were her I’d probably be doing way worse than shading my family on Instagram because I’m rightfully still angry at the fact they held me captive for 13 YEARS. Talking abt her as if she’s an immature angsty teenager that’s mad at her parents for no reason instead of a grown woman that has been severely traumatized is very much tone deaf… IMO. People don’t get over trauma in the span of two years.

Let's get one thing straight, nobody ever "gets over" trauma, it's not something that just disappears. What you classify as "getting over trauma" is actually just learning how to live with it day by day without it disrupting your day to day life.

In order to get to good place in life, someone with trauma needs to leave the victim mentality behind. Continuing to remind people that you're a victim is not healing, it's actually perpetuating the inability to move on because as people keep rooting you on for being a victim, you learn to enjoy the attention and affirmation. You see this all over social media all the time. People post about their personal problems for strangers to see and for what? It's for attention because they want validation and that validation keeps the never ending cycle going.

Someone who is on a true healing journey does not need validation from strangers, in fact, if you look close at any celebrity who has ever gone through a struggle and come out on top, they did the exact opposite of what Britney has done. They went away, dealt with their demons and came back almost as if nothing every happened.

What does Britney do? She goes on with her life but then reminds the world through passive aggressive (and often convoluted) posts how mad she is at her family or how "rebellious" she is and then does it in the same manner that an immature adult would. I'm not expecting Britney to just be a better person overnight, but it has been nearly 3 years and she has shown ZERO progress in terms of healing. In fact, she seemed more sane in the 3-4 months following the end of the conservatorship than she does now. She has even said herself that she only sees a therapist on occasion so it's beyond clear to me that she is nowhere near a path to healing. 

Some of you ask how I don't have sympathy...well if Britney came across as someone who was actively healing, becoming a better person from it and maybe even using her platform to make change, then yah, I'd have more sympathy for her situation and her continued flaws. But right now, she just seems like a bitter wealthy person with too much time on her hands and who has chosen that a path of resentment is more fun and exciting than actual growth.

Look, I don't know her journey and I don't know what she's doing behind closed doors, but what I do know is what she puts out for the world to see. She's creating her own benchmark for what people consider to be "normal" for her, so you can't blame the GP or even myself for looking at her through this foggy lens and and thinking, "man, she really needs to let it go."

• Like 2
10 hours ago, IamMax said:

Have you seen the full story? The full movies from Japan? Do you actually understand the concept behind "killing people"? You guys are the studpis one, not her. 

i didn't said she is stupid. If u can't talk ur opinion without insulting a person maybe u better stay mum.

I didn't watch original japan movie. But i did watch american ones. I couldn't sleep. And t she deleted that post btw

On 6/5/2024 at 4:18 AM, Red Wine Supernova said:

I loved the original version of the Omen. Also checkout rosemary’s baby. They made some really good horror movies back in the days.

I know Rosemary's

btw, what a ******* magic just happened, I'm watching the omen 1976 movie, the date said in the movie is about the antichrist is TODAY, June 6, so today is the 47th birthday of the antichrist

I'M SHOOK :wow_surprised_shocked_omg: why I remembered that movie and why I watched it today :wow_surprised_shocked_omg:

17 minutes ago, Jup1ter said:

I know Rosemary's

btw, what a ******* magic just happened, I'm watching the omen 1976 movie, the date said in the movie is about the antichrist is TODAY, June 6, so today is the 47th birthday of the antichrist

I'M SHOOK :wow_surprised_shocked_omg: why I remembered that movie and why I watched it today :wow_surprised_shocked_omg:

We are doomed the antichrist is coming for our ***** :goat_monster_devil_dance_dancing_makeup_brush:

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2024 at 6:33 PM, Gypsy Woman said:

Let's get one thing straight, nobody ever "gets over" trauma, it's not something that just disappears. What you classify as "getting over trauma" is actually just learning how to live with it day by day without it disrupting your day to day life.

In order to get to good place in life, someone with trauma needs to leave the victim mentality behind. Continuing to remind people that you're a victim is not healing, it's actually perpetuating the inability to move on because as people keep rooting you on for being a victim, you learn to enjoy the attention and affirmation. You see this all over social media all the time. People post about their personal problems for strangers to see and for what? It's for attention because they want validation and that validation keeps the never ending cycle going.

Someone who is on a true healing journey does not need validation from strangers, in fact, if you look close at any celebrity who has ever gone through a struggle and come out on top, they did the exact opposite of what Britney has done. They went away, dealt with their demons and came back almost as if nothing every happened.

What does Britney do? She goes on with her life but then reminds the world through passive aggressive (and often convoluted) posts how mad she is at her family or how "rebellious" she is and then does it in the same manner that an immature adult would. I'm not expecting Britney to just be a better person overnight, but it has been nearly 3 years and she has shown ZERO progress in terms of healing. In fact, she seemed more sane in the 3-4 months following the end of the conservatorship than she does now. She has even said herself that she only sees a therapist on occasion so it's beyond clear to me that she is nowhere near a path to healing. 

Some of you ask how I don't have sympathy...well if Britney came across as someone who was actively healing, becoming a better person from it and maybe even using her platform to make change, then yah, I'd have more sympathy for her situation and her continued flaws. But right now, she just seems like a bitter wealthy person with too much time on her hands and who has chosen that a path of resentment is more fun and exciting than actual growth.

Look, I don't know her journey and I don't know what she's doing behind closed doors, but what I do know is what she puts out for the world to see. She's creating her own benchmark for what people consider to be "normal" for her, so you can't blame the GP or even myself for looking at her through this foggy lens and and thinking, "man, she really needs to let it go."

I expressed myself wrong there. I know no one ever “gets over” trauma and people just try to learn to live without it disrupting their daily activities. Sorry about that. 
But I still stand with my point. No traumatized being is gonna learn to navigate through their trauma in the right way in just two years and I do think it’s disrespectful to have this mentality that Britney needs to stop having natural responses to trauma when in reality, none of us know what she’s going through and how. Of course she’s going to be angry and of course she’s gonna want attention and want to be heard because the same people who traumatized her and committed literal crimes are smooth sailing while the media and the public justify their actions based solely on how “put together” Britney does or doesn’t look on Instagram. She SHOULD try to let go of that to fully heal but it’s not surprising that she hasn’t yet. As I said before, no one would have let go… at least not just yet, in the stage of healing Britney is at currently. What Britney really needs is patience because she constantly acknowledges the fact that she’s still flawed and is trying to let go to heal. We don’t know where she’s at or what she’s going through, but what we do know is she’s TRYING even though she’s still going through it. She might be showing her anger through Instagram captions but she might damn well be trying to work through her anger off camera. Actually - I’m sure she is. Britney has posted plenty of captions the past month(s) speaking candidly on trying to heal and still being flawed. She’s admitted to wishing to not let other downs by her anger. If there’s any reason behind her wish to forgive her parents, it’s that. She wants to move on but that path isn’t gonna be easy, of course there will be times she will be angry or sad and will want to call out the people who traumatized her. But, at least to me, what truly matters is that she keeps her wish to move forward and heal even if it’s slowly.

Edited by knee Queen of pop

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.