Normani drops 'Candy Paint'

She finally got an album date release and the rollout is... this? She barely promotes :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I liked both songs (1:59 could have been better as a solo, weird because the feature is having success), but both feel like bsides.

The album drops in days and we didn't had a proper lead single, music video or performance so far. Debut at #200? Like wth RCA :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red: And she might have how many albums in her contract? Release albums, this chick can dance and would be fire on tour :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff: She said she hated "Motivation" but that song was so fun.

I was so excited it wasn’t another sensual slow jam, until it literally never built up to anything. 

Is motivation really going to be her best pop song? This could have come close if it had some horns or a dope synth with a catchy melody, maybe some tambourines… It just sounds unfinished.

Camila is laughing her *** off right now. 
I do not think normani should bother releasing in the USA or Europe. I think she should try Africa and I’m not being shady it’s a huge market obviously and she could make a huge impact there. Americans want something impactful.  You were in a huge girl group the people want bangers from you! At least from the first single that should be a given.
She should try doing her r&b stuff over there in Madagascar or something, Kenya 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.