Tate McRae ‘Exes’ music video

CentralCJ

17 hours ago, ElToxico said:

LOL

...have you seen her previous ones?? All A BORE. Hence why I wasn't "expecting" them. I'm a Britney fan, I'm used to unapologetic slayage since she was 16, I'm not used to Beyoncé type of artists, who need TIME TO GROW... :leaving_tiffany_pollard_walk_away_leaving_bye_walking_out_pink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_bag:

I'm here for Tate though! I've been promoting her on here since "Greedy" 😎

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

have you seen her previous ones?? All A BORE.

haha - yes, agreed.

I watched an interview where she basically said her label has been holding her back from day 1. They were trying to turn her into another Olivia Rodrigo, with the sounds and style of her previous eras. Funny that when they finally gave her creative freedom she's shining through. 

1 hour ago, ElToxico said:

haha - yes, agreed.

I watched an interview where she basically said her label has been holding her back from day 1. They were trying to turn her into another Olivia Rodrigo, with the sounds and style of her previous eras. Funny that when they finally gave her creative freedom she's shining through. 

...really? Could you please share the link to that interview? Because I still can't quite figure out what kind of artist she is... If you listen to all her previous singles, she has BEAUTIFUL music, but it's all very, veeeeery chill... She gives me Billie Eilish or even Lorde vibes, kinda. That's why I was so (pleasantly) surprised with songs like "Greedy" and "Exes", which are exactly my cup of tea. But her previous catalogue left me wondering what's her real sound is. You can tell she loves these two mega bops, and she obviously looooves to dance, but will she keep this sound, or go back to moody tracks, or mix it up?

22 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

...really? Could you please share the link to that interview? Because I still can't quite figure out what kind of artist she is... If you listen to all her previous singles, she has BEAUTIFUL music, but it's all very, veeeeery chill... She gives me Billie Eilish or even Lorde vibes, kinda. That's why I was so (pleasantly) surprised with songs like "Greedy" and "Exes", which are exactly my cup of tea. But her previous catalogue left me wondering what's her real sound is. You can tell she loves these two mega bops, and she obviously looooves to dance, but will she keep this sound, or go back to moody tracks, or mix it up?

I read she’s worked with Max Martin for the new album, so perhaps this is just the beginning of uptempo pop sound for her. 

I’ve known about Tate for awhile but I can’t stand super whiny Camila Cabello voices and it seems like she toned that down a bit on the last two singles. I’m happy to see hard choreo from a young pop girl. I’ve seen footage from her most recent concert and she barely dances. I hope she brings choreo to the new show. I may actually catch her live if the new album is good and she steps up her live tour performances 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bitbitboi said:

Oh Gosh - I got random clips of her now showing on my FY page on TikTok, but she's dropped hints of this in a few of those interviews.

This is one I think, where she alludes at the fact this is the "real" her.

I think a lot of people are missing that she is actually a professional dancer, and she's been doing it since she was little. She's been on Dance Moms and SYTYCD, and even done a number with Justin Bieber on tour - so it's not surprising to see this is the direction she wants to go.

Anyway I'm here for her, love her past work and the new stuff...

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MikeHunt said:

I read she’s worked with Max Martin for the new album, so perhaps this is just the beginning of uptempo pop sound for her. 

I’ve known about Tate for awhile but I can’t stand super whiny Camila Cabello voices and it seems like she toned that down a bit on the last two singles. I’m happy to see hard choreo from a young pop girl. I’ve seen footage from her most recent concert and she barely dances. I hope she brings choreo to the new show. I may actually catch her live if the new album is good and she steps up her live tour performances 

With Max?!?!?! :queenie_falling_dying_dead: I mean I knew Greedy and Exes were good because they are produced by Ryan Tedder but Max?? Max's on another level.....

I hate "whiny Camila Cabello voices" too!! (side note, I love Bruno Mars but unfortunately I think his voice kinda falls in the same category, I cannot listen to a whole album by his, it gets on my nerves; Katy tends to do that as well too...)
That's what I meant!! Tate barely dances on stage, which is so weird because I feel like she's a dancer first... Maybe she and her team are focusing on her singing? That's silly if you ask me: Unless you're Adele, people usually go to a show to have fun, not so sit and listen to incredible vocals... And Tate is pretty much the only pop girlie dancing her *** off right now. Dua is NOT a dancer (I don't care that she tries it in Houdini), and Normani is...... doing whatever except lauching her career, so...

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, ElToxico said:

Oh Gosh - I got random clips of her now showing on my FY page on TikTok, but she's dropped hints of this in a few of those interviews.

This is one I think, where she alludes at the fact this is the "real" her.

I think a lot of people are missing that she is actually a professional dancer, and she's been doing it since she was little. She's been on Dance Moms and SYTYCD, and even done a number with Justin Bieber on tour - so it's not surprising to see this is the direction she wants to go.

Anyway I'm here for her, love her past work and the new stuff...

Yeah, I saw that interview!! Loved it! She's so beautiful, and she looks very comfortable talking to the camera.

I never watched her as a young dancer! That's impressive... Also, she was born in heaven, look at that place!!

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.