Overprotected: “What am I to do TO WIN my life” not “WITH”

I just caught a Suggested Reel in my Instagram feed that was from this interview: 

right where it cuts at 7:34-7:35 (talking about “control”). In the missing clip (which was the Reel), the interviewer asks her about the meaning behind this Overprotected lyric. He sort of stumbles over the words, but then Britney literally SINGS the line a cappella during her answer. The interviewer had included the word “win” and Britney herself then sings “what am I to do TO WIN my life.”

Sorry if this is old news… But people in the comments were also gagged to find out that these are the correct lyrics. (And now I hear it crystal clear in the song.) Unfortunately, I cannot for the life of me find the Reel again…and that specific clip is cut from all the videos of this interview posted on YouTube.

Has anybody else seen this???

Edited by Tetris
  • Love 8

Thank you for this detail! :bigkiss_britney_kissing: Overprotected (album version): by far my all time favorite song from Britney's entire catalogue! I always had trouble with that exact line:

"What am I to do with my life?"

I was always hearing an extra syllable, whatever that word may be. I just didn't want to believe that this ("What am I to do with my life?") is the official version.

Thank God this has been officially cleared. :)

light lights out GIF

• Love 1
  • Like 3
  • 1 year later...
On 6/15/2023 at 1:48 AM, Tetris said:

I just caught a Suggested Reel in my Instagram feed that was from this interview: 

right where it cuts at 7:34-7:35 (talking about “control”). In the missing clip (which was the Reel), the interviewer asks her about the meaning behind this Overprotected lyric. He sort of stumbles over the words, but then Britney literally SINGS the line a cappella during her answer. The interviewer had included the word “win” and Britney herself then sings “what am I to do TO WIN my life.”

Sorry if this is old news… But people in the comments were also gagged to find out that these are the correct lyrics. (And now I hear it crystal clear in the song.) Unfortunately, I cannot for the life of me find the Reel again…and that specific clip is cut from all the videos of this interview posted on YouTube.

Has anybody else seen this???

:shaking_shake_gold_yellow: I wanna see that clip so bad. Please someone find it :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.