Taylor is preparing to release Speak Now (Taylor's version)

5 hours ago, Arianna said:

I don’t understand how she won’t release all before the Eras Tour because otherwise she’s technically promoting her stolen albums and garnering plays.

There were lawsuits and trademarking issues that prevented her from releasing re recordings last year, which is why I think she threw midnights together.

If she releases SN before tour starts she owns 3/6 and 1989 will likely come this summer. Reputation couldn’t be rerecorded up until a couple months ago either. She wants to give each one it’s moment to shine too so spacing them out makes sense. She’ll make more off individual releases and merch for each one than doing one collective release.

Meanwhile, she’s released 4 studio albums and two re-recording since her last tour. She’s also promoting THOSE albums. It didn’t make sense to put off touring any longer.

Anyway, my theory is Self Titled will be released Friday December 13, 2024 (her birthday) to close out the “re recording era”

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Bo da toe said:

There were lawsuits and trademarking issues that prevented her from releasing re recordings last year, which is why I think she threw midnights together.

If she releases SN before tour starts she owns 3/6 and 1989 will likely come this summer. Reputation couldn’t be rerecorded up until a couple months ago either. She wants to give each one it’s moment to shine too so spacing them out makes sense. She’ll make more off individual releases and merch for each one than doing one collective release.

Meanwhile, she’s released 4 studio albums and two re-recording since her last tour. She’s also promoting THOSE albums. It didn’t make sense to put off touring any longer.

Anyway, my theory is Self Titled will be released Friday December 13, 2024 (her birthday) to close out the “re recording era”

+ It takes few months for vinyl production

Edited by Neydelinska Spearsi
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Adriannn said:

So apparently there are a few songs that have been registered and might well be the vault tracks, these are the names I remember:

-Battle (Let's Go) → I've heard this one and I don't find it outstanding TBH

-Drama Queen

-Castles Crumbling

-Bother Me

Battle (Let’s Go) leaked years ago. Having said that I have never heard it lol

Edited by Isla
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Loosenupthosebuttons said:

What’s the point when the songs are already recorded? 

Taylor has every song she has written recorded, whether that's in a demo state or as a finalised track that was cut because it didn't fit an album or management reasons. The label "Taylor's Version" signifies her rerecording. The label "From The Vault" essentially serves as a descriptor; when revisiting the album in its entirety, these were songs that weren't chosen for one reason or another but now either fit the album thematically, or better serve to reflect Taylor's mindset at the time.

Releasing them essentially gives fans additional reasons to revisit the album, and either view it from a new perspective, based on the new songs or see it in a fully finalised vision that Taylor wanted.

Red, for example, was an incredibly strong album as it was. Red TV not only revisited that album but further strengthened it with additional tracks that proved Taylor was writing about issues beyond what the public knew of.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.