The revival of teen pop in the late 90's

10 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I tried to listen to Mandy Moore the other day and I just couldn’t take it. Her music is terrible, especially her first 2 albums. They’re so bad. Only Candy and that other song are passable. 

I like Mandy Moore better as an actress. Not only was her music annoying, she was so extra with her facial expressions when she performed especially with her mouth lol. I couldn’t take it! 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Khoazie said:

I like Mandy Moore better as an actress. Not only was her music annoying, she was so extra with her facial expressions when she performed especially with her mouth lol. I couldn’t take it! 

Mandy was one of the Britney clones that every label was pushing out to complete with Brit. I wonder how she feels about her early career now?

6 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Mandy was one of the Britney clones that every label was pushing out to complete with Brit. I wonder how she feels about her early career now?

I believe that last time I saw her comment on it, she seemed like her attitude was it is what it is - I don’t think she resents it. 

7 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Omg Mandy Moore has negatory rhythm and fluidity. She might be worse at dancing than Jessica!

57 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

i think she's kind of embarrassed about it. didn't she recently say she wants to give everyone who bought her first couple albums their money back lol 

3 hours ago, Ringleader34 said:

Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, *Nsync

and legacy artist such as Madonna and Mariah still doing their thing and having great success....

a great era in music, indeed.

What the hell happened?

Social media, among other things :whatitellu:

1 minute ago, Ringleader34 said:

Such a shame....but yeah social media killed what it meant/means to be a superstar.  

This was glaringly exemplified at this years VMAs... :wontcry:

It's hard to imagine a teen pop boom like that occurring today, considering the depressing, dark, and somewhat avant garde state of the charts. I can't imagine people taking someone like Britney seriously. Everyone seems so jaded and "woke" that they can't enjoy something so innocent and cheesy as the Swedish pop music that dominated during that time. Yet the 90s overall were kind of dark, too, with grunge, industrial, heavy metal, and gangster rap being huge. It seems like solo female artists couldn't be successful unless they had somewhat of an edge, like Alanis Morissette and Sheryl Crow. And yet... it happened.

Archived