If The Original Doll was actually released, do you think it would have done well?

jamesedward94

On 11/25/2017 at 4:17 AM, Alex_1991 said:

Anything after ITZ would have flopped.

1) People was over her. She has been way too much overexposed, really. Taylor Swift impact can't hold a candle to what Primeney went through during those times.
2) Her reputation was very low. She was considered untalented white trash. Her partying, the one-day-long marriage, the lipsynching, the onyx hotel, her trashy looks, the overly ****** image was bashed hard. She wasn't the cool girl anymore. 
3) Toxic has been a huge success BECAUSE of the song itself being great, not because it was hers In The Zone sold very well, but sales declined greatly compared to her three previous albums.

She definitely needed a two - three years break, coming back in late 2005 - 2006 (of course we know what happened but that's a different story).

We know way too little about Original Doll, let's be honest. The only OFFICIAL thing we've had it's Mona Lisa.
If Mona Lisa and her early - in the zone demos (Take Off, MLAH, Ouch, Welcome To Me ecc.) were an indication of Original Doll musical direction I really can't see how the record could have been successful.
Let's be honest. I love Ouch, Conscious, Mona Lisa and Welcome To Me but the material wasn't strong enough chart-wise and wasn't even groundbreaking sonically, lirically or vocalli speaking. It was her direction, of course, but as long as I would have loved to hear a final product I can really see why Jive decided to scrap the project.
Sorry.

why are you always the logical one? :rihannayas:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/25/2017 at 5:52 AM, The Greatest Show said:

Honestly i dont like any of the leaked tracks. But those could have ended up as B-sides anyway. I do think it would have flopped. People were over her at the time. The breakdown was good for her in a way that everyone was rooting for her again and wanted her to succeed.

:umomg:

Archived