Cool and faded facts about Blackout

Bom Park

I don't know if ap but I just read some facts about blackout on a site and I wanted to share them with you guys :flawlessbye: 

1. the album was supposed to receive a re-release in June 2008 with 4 new tracks, some remixes and a DVD documenting the creation of the album; this was cancelled in favour of ending the negativity of the Blackout era entirely by starting a new era with Circus 
  2. The instrumental to Freakshow was available to listen to on Bloodshy and Avant's MySpace page a whole year before Blackout's release; however, it was listed under a different name and seemingly had no attachment to Britney in the slightest
  3. Toy Soldier, Get Back and Hot As Ice were all contenders for lead single :urite:
  4. The Break the Ice video was supposed to feature a chair dancing sequence from Britney; however, due to her personal life spiralling out of of control, this was cancelled and an animated video was created instead :triggered:
  5. Everybody was intended for Rihanna and then the Cheetah Girls; the producer of the song assigned the track to Britney after starting to collaborate with her  :hipney:
  6. Britney wrote all of the lyrics to the bridge of Everybody but never received credit for some reason
  7. J Rotem had a fling with Britney :brit: and apparently did 6-7 tracks with her, but after they 'broke up' she said she only liked Everybody and kept that as the sole Rotem track
  8. The title for the album was originally 'Black', 'Black Curtain' and 'Piece of Me'; the title of 'Blackout' was chosen to signify how the album aimed to vanquish the negativity surrounding Britney at the time - Black (negativity) + away (out) = Blackout :truthtea:
  9. The priest photoshoot in the booklet was initially a lot racier, but these photos were removed :letitburn:
  10. Britney had reportedly begun auditioning for dancers and had booked off two months to start on new choreography during 2007; this strongly hints that there was supposed to be a tour for Blackout, which reportedly was going to begin in October 2007 (it doesn't matter cause the Circus tour was basically the Blackout tour anyway )
  11. The Japanese booklet for the album contains the line "And when the pieces fit together/It will finally become complete/The real me" as the closing lines on Piece of Me. It is possible that these lyrics were in a demo for the track, as the booklet also contains the spoken intro by Keri Hilson on the Outta This World (titled A Song About You) demo
  12. Outta This World was supposed to be on the standard tracklist for the album  :otears: but Britney was unsure as to whether or not it suited the album. At the last minute, she decided it was right, but she decided slightly too late, which is why the track appears as a Target exclusive instead
  13. The Break the Ice intro was supposed to be slightly longer; various official remixes of the song feature Britney saying "Can you take this?", as well as the recording sessions for the song
  14. Gimme More and Break the Ice have almost 30 official remixes each!:rude2me:
  15. Piece of Me was so successful in Germany that it was reprinted in two limited editions - Part 1 and Part 2 respectively - making a total of 4 different issues of the single in Germany (Slay **** Germany :giggleney:)
  16. The cover photo for the album was used for the Gimme More single cover as well as advertisements for Britney's 2007 VMAs performance; this is because Jive lacked any immediate and ready material to use instead and wanted to speed up the release because of many leaks prior to the album's release
  17. Blackout is currently the only album to have Britney listed as executive producer :foh:
  18. Contrary to popular opinion, the album does have an alternative cover; after criticism regarding the album's cover, Target released a version with the booklet reversed and the back cover of the booklet becoming the front cover of the album - they even printed the title of the album on the side to make it more legitimate. Unfortunately, this was shortly cancelled and copies of this version are rather rare. Although this version is fanmade (the staples are on the wrong side), this is very similar to how the real alternative version look 
  19. Many of the song titles were changed on the album after many leaks of demos; Break the Ice was Been a While, Heaven On Earth was Your..., Get Naked (I Got a Plan) was We Can Do It (Get Naked), Hot As Ice was Cold As Fire, Ooh Ooh Baby was Fillin' Me Up, Perfect Lover was Got Me High, Why Should I Be Sad? was Stupid Things and Outta This World was A Song About You
  20. The TRULY iconic phrase 'It's Britney *****' was not initially supposed to appear on Gimme More but after Danja told Britney to say it as a joke, they realized how great it was and decided to include it :slayney:
  21. On 14th November 2006, a list emerged of all the songs currently recorded from the Blackout session. These were:
    1. Gimme More (Danja)
    2. Pull Out (Danja & Lil' Jon)
    3. Break the Ice (Danja)
    4. Outta This World (Danja)
    5. Get Back (Danja)
    6. Ooh Ooh Baby (Fredrick and Karo DioGuardi)
    7. Catch Me If U Can (Danja)
    8. Kiss Me All Over (Sean Garrett)
    9. Everybody (J. Rotem)
    10. Get Naked (Danja)
    11. State of Grace (Lisa Greene & Steven Anderson)
    12. Cry (J. Rotem  & Kara DioGuardi)
    13. Downtown (J. Rotem with a producing collab by Britney)
    14. To Love, Let Go (Track by Devo Springsteen, lyrics by Britney)
    15. No One (Track by Devo Springsteen, lyrics by Britney)
    16. The Face (J. Rotem with a producing collab by Britney)
    17. Rebellion (Unknown producer, lyrics by Britney) (LEAK THIS **** TEAM BRITNEY :yesplease:)
  22. Producers Bloodshy & Avant rejected artists like Beyonce :haha: specifically because they wanted to work with Britney instead 
  23. B&A were initially worried about whether or not Britney would take Piece of Me as they claim there was an unwritten rule about not writing personal tracks regarding her life, so the biographical element of the song meant it was likely to be rejected. Thankfully, however, Britney loved the track and recorded it within half an hour after learning the lyrics in her car :queenriri:
  24. Piece of Me was the last song recorded for the album :bwink:
  25. Britney found Heaven On Earth hard to record since she had recently broken up with KFederico, but really liked the track and still wanted to record it despite her loneliness. If you listen closely, you can hear her voice break towards the end of the song because she broke down in tears after recording it :sobbing:
  26. Rihanna's song Umbrella was written with Britney in mind, but Jive refused it after claiming that they had enough songs for the albums - fans have speculated that it was instead actually due the infamous umbrella scenario in February 2007 :plzexplain:
  27. The Pussycat Dolls's song When I Grow Up was also meant for Britney but rejected for the same reason by Jive; she also filmed a scene for the PCD's music video for the song, but this was later deleted 
  28. Contrary to popular opinion, none of the songs from Original Doll were part of the Blackout era :beyfedup:, nor were there any plans to include any of the tracks on Blackout. The Blackout era songs were recorded from 2005-2007, whereas Original Doll was set to start recording around 2004-5
  29. You can actually hear Britney listen to a demo CD of the album  the tracks heard include State of Grace, To Love, Let Go, Baby Boy and Rebellion
  30. The various snippets of Rebellion were actually leaked on Britney's official website, although a full version is yet to see the light of day - the track itself is one of the most wanted by the Britney Army :crying2:
  31. Britney was rumoured to perform a medley of Gimme More, Cry and Get Back at the 2007 VMAs, but this changed to a sole performance of Gimme More instead (Wtf is Cry :sassybrit:)
  32. Blackout was Britney's first album to not debut at #1 in America; it instead hit #2 after a last-minute rule change (**** u billboard :ponderney:)
  33. Britney was apparently very difficult on the set for the Gimme More, refusing to perform and not following the script :cigney: There were also rumours that she was over 14 hours late for the Piece of Me video after spending the day with her two sons instead, leaving the crew waiting on her
  34. The Gimme More video actually had a bigger concept than was delivered :otears:
  35. In the Piece of Me video, Britney insisted on having her hair tied up in a messy bun for the dance scene - the director later convinced her to let her hair down instead, which is why her hair continually changes throughout the dance scenes 
  36. After the premiere of the POM video, there were many rumours that Britney's body had been digitally altered to make her slimmer.:orangu: It was also rumoured that they photoshopped her face onto another person's body at the start as well
  37. The fictional 'Rats' magazine shown in the POM video is a joke directed at the infamous 'Star' magazine that often published false articles about Britney ('Rats' is 'Star' backwards)
  38. The POM video was the first video to win Britney a VMA (shame on you MTV :embarrassney:) but she stated herself that she was shocked to get the award for it as she felt that she had made far better videos in the past
  39. Writer Keri Hilson said she wrote Gimme More and Break the Ice specifically for Britney, claiming that both songs were not something she would sing herself (Thanks for those flawless songs :crying2:)
  40. The 'I like this part' break of BTI is a reference to Janet Jackson's song 'Nasty', of whom Britney is a big fan :janet:
  41. Break the Ice was initially going to be released as a remix with rapper Fabolous; this official remix can be found online (Thank god they released the solo vers instead :nicki2:)
  42. Blackout is Britney's best album and one of the greatest album of all time and you will deal :kisses::nobitch:
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Edge Of Clockin' You

Thank's for this. I loved the rats troll:dead: RATS

Also worth mentioning the it won album of the year at the EMA's (Europe) and NRJ Awards (France), at least Europe didn't boycott her like America including Billboard.:lemmetellu:

People should do more of these I loved it, I only knew like 20% of it. Would upvote it 20 times if i could.

11 minutes ago, Robert M said:

I don't know if ap but I just read some facts about blackout on a site and I wanted to share them with you guys :flawlessbye: 

1. Britney was apparently very difficult on the set for the Gimme More, refusing to perform and not following the script :cigney:

Not true. She funded the video after Jive wanted her to release a different song. I think it was Get Back. Why would she be difficult towards something she was creatively part of? She hired the directer. It was all her money not Jives. Jive just Perfume'd the video and edited out the rest of the scenes.

5 minutes ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

Also worth mentioning the it won album of the year at the EMA's (Europe) and NRJ Awards (France), at least Europe didn't boycott her like America including Billboard.:lemmetellu:

Was it a huge album in the U.K.? 

17 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

Was it a huge album in the U.K.? 

Yeah, I know it went platinum here although it didn't go #1. I was 1 at the time but the everyone knows Slave nowadays, i went to a party like 1/2 years ago and all the girls went crazy for Slave. The singles were huge here, although they flopped hard in America. But the only two that had longevity and are iconic and still popular here are Slave and Not A Girl Not Yet A Woman, Overprotected a bit too I guess, I still see it in UK tv.

1 minute ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

Yeah, I know it went platinum here although it didn't go #1. I was 1 at the time but the everyone knows Slave nowadays, i went to a party like 1/2 years ago and all the girls went crazy for Slave. The singles were huge here, although they flopped hard in America. But the only two that had longevity and are iconic and still popular here are Slave and Not A Girl Not Yet A Woman. 

I thought we were talking about Blackout :wtfdidusay:

12 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

I thought we were talking about Blackout :wtfdidusay:

:dead: I got confused cause we were talking about 'Britney' in the other thread and I thought this was the other thread:weusay:

But yeah it was huge here too, it was one of the few albums that went #2 here. It sold like over 100k which is good considering she did no promo for the album in the UK and all she did in America was a VMA performance. POM and GM were huge and iconic and both are still really popular, especially GM, everyone knows it. Britney's albums/singles were always here up until the end of last decade. Almost all of her singles throughout her career were Top 10's, many songs that flopped in America were like Top 3's here. She was kinda dumb because the UK loved her SO much that had she played her cards right and done the minimum she would still be one or even the biggest Pop star here. She could be like a MJ here.

5 minutes ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

:dead: I got confused cause we were talking about 'Britney' in the other thread and I thought this was the other thread:weusay:

But yeah it was huge here too, it was one of the few albums that went #2 here. It sold like over 100k which is good considering she did no promo for the album in the UK and all she did in America was a VMA performance. POM and GM were huge and iconic and both are still really popular, especially GM, everyone knows it. Britney's albums/singles were always here up until the end of last decade. Almost all of her singles throughout her career were Top 10's, many songs that flopped in America were like Top 3's here. She was kinda dumb because the UK loved her SO much that had she played her cards right and done the minimum she would still be one or even the biggest Pop star here. She could be like a MJ here.

True her singles from Femme Fatale didn't do as well in the U.K. as they did in here. But back to Britney, I just listened to Lonely and she snapped on that track :bparty:, now I am on Let Me Be.

53 minutes ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

People should do more of these I loved it, I only knew like 20% of it. Would upvote it 20 times if i could.

Thanks babe :Lshark: Europe flawless as always :brit: I think I will keep doing these threads in the future so be sure to check them :)

4 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

True her singles from Femme Fatale didn't do as well in the U.K. as they did in here. But back to Britney, I just listened to Lonely and she snapped on that track :bparty:, now I am on Let Me Be.

Lonely is so 2000's Pop and I love it. I'll give Let Me Be a listen too.

9 minutes ago, Robert M said:

Thanks babe :Lshark: Europe flawless as always :brit: I think I will keep doing these threads in the future so be sure to check them :)

Mess. Today I'm messing up my posts.

Sure, I'll check it.

11 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

Just heard Let Me Be and I loved it, it's also 2000's Pop and the chorus is fire. Bombastic Love is kinda meh apart from the iconic intro.

4 minutes ago, Robert M said:

:outwithit:

Changed my post already. I messed up, it was a response to a different user. Mess.

18 minutes ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

Just heard Let Me Be and I loved it, it's also 2000's Pop and the chorus is fire. Bombastic Love is kinda meh apart from the iconic intro.

Changed my post already. I messed up, it was a response to a different user. Mess.

Just made my thread on it. It looks bad cause I did it on my phone but hopefully you understand the review.

It is true The Cheetah Girls were offered Everybody originally - their demo leaked, and the spoken part in Britney's version is nowhere to be seen which further proves Britney DID write this (JR Rotem also said she did in an interview) but was uncredited for it.

Cry is an unreleased songs that was originally rumoured to have been performed in a medley with Gimme More for the VMA performance but it's unconfirmed if the song actually exists. 

Another fact: Heaven On Earth is Britney's favourite song on the album ;) 

32 minutes ago, Isla. said:

It is true The Cheetah Girls were offered Everybody originally - their demo leaked, and the spoken part in Britney's version is nowhere to be seen which further proves Britney DID write this (JR Rotem also said she did in an interview) but was uncredited for it.

Cry is an unreleased songs that was originally rumoured to have been performed in a medley with Gimme More for the VMA performance but it's unconfirmed if the song actually exists. 

Another fact: Heaven On Earth is Britney's favourite song on the album ;) 

Britney's version obviously :urite:>>> 

I missed that fact :snapney: HOE is my fave too :brit:

10 hours ago, Body ache said:

Not true. She funded the video after Jive wanted her to release a different song. I think it was Get Back. Why would she be difficult towards something she was creatively part of? She hired the directer. It was all her money not Jives. Jive just Perfume'd the video and edited out the rest of the scenes.

Maybe you are right :flawlessbye:

Archived