Had Get Back been the lead single, how would it have performed?

Had Get Back been the lead single, how would it have performed?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Toxic.Latin said:

It set the mood for all the blackout era.

This. Let's go back to 2007 for a minute. Britney was in the midst of her breakdown, she had just shaved her head, she was out partying every night and had flashed her pus multiple times... the GP hated her. She could've released some sappy ballad about how terrible her life is and how mean everyone was to her, but instead the first thing people heard from her was... "it's Britney, *****." It was such a ballsy move, especially with how tarnished Britney's image was at the time.

Get Back is cute. I've never really understood the fan base's obsession with it tho.

I think it would have been just as successful as Gimme More. After Gimme More it was the next best choice for lead single from Blackout. Gimme More is my fave lead single from Britney but Get Back is one of my favourite bonus tracks from her.

Gimme More and Get Back can both be interpreted as shots at the paparazzi/public (feels like the crowd is saying gimme more / if you can't take it then get back). I think the success woulda been more or less the same. Get Back is a banger. And I think the second half of the song is stronger than Gimme More, which Danja really starts to drag.

"It's Britney *****" is iconic but I still think it's more so associated with the disastrous VMA performance, not Gimme More itself. Nobody heard "*****" on the radio.

Archived