Toy Soldier being added for POM 3.0?

jaredw

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SlayOut said:

Can't wait for the My Baby encore performance in the new Nursery Rhyme section in POM 3.0! :tiffanynod:

It'll be iconic to see Brinny arriving at the stage in a swing set that descends into a playground where all ha dancers are dressed in Star Wars pijamas while she lips to CD vocals of Someday :unbelievableney:

5 hours ago, Wiggle said:

why would she perform the worst song out of BO when her last album has only 3 songs in the show :plzexplain:

Because even the "worst song" off Blackout is pop perfection. But I totally agree re: Glory, adding way more material is far overdue.

However, on the other hand, all of this kind of defeats the purpose of a "greatest hits" residency and is really kind of an indicator that she's ready to move on. I mean, she already doesn't perform two of her #1s and many of her biggest and/or most iconic hits (HIAM, 3, Lucky, Overprotected, Sometimes, I Wanna Go). Adding "Breathe on Me," "TOMH" and "I love rock 'n' roll" was definitely both for Britney herself and her hardcore fans, but not for the GP (who Vegas--or any greatest hits show, really--is catered towards).  And considering they already have additional songs that either were never singles or just otherwise not well-known by the GP (e.g., "Freakshow," "Do Somethin'," "Slumber Party," "DYWCO"), I just don't see this being a viable strategy to continue getting Vegas audiences to come see her "greatest hits." I think the setlist is already quite indicative that Britney is bored with performing her greatest hits/old material. 

Archived