I had this weird/sad thought...

britneyausfan

1 hour ago, Kiiddy said:

You're comparing a boy band from the 90s who stopped being active over a decade ago,
to a pop icon who never stopped releasing music, never stopped performing or dressing in **** outfits.

So it makes no sense for anyone to think she's 'desperate'
Especially if they like Beyonce or Lady Gaga considering they're in their 30s as well, because they don't have anything to say about them.

People think she didn't make music since 2011 :sobbing:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that people think being in their 30's is being old, is the saddest part of all this.

But, either way, I think the problem isn't if they're old or not. JLo is like 10 years older than them, and she's still considered a current artist that can connect to the "youth". I haven't seen any video of the BSB yet, but I can imagine the mess. But that wouldn't be because of their age, but because they're just out of condition, in terms of performance level. But think about Britney too, at the beginning of the residency she was, not so good. One would've thought she should've retired, since she woul d only get worse from that. However, she kept improving through the years (and could keep getting better if she stays in Vegas a couple of years more). 

So my point is, maybe the Kevin one is over 40 now, but the rest of them are still what I consider young. If any they might not be the performers they were before, but because of the years they didn't perform. 

As I always say, Britney has always been in a unfavorable position. When she was young she had to look older to be taken seriously, now she should look like a teenager in order for the GP to allow her to perform and compete with the current artists, because at some point in these years, there was a shift where now only teenagers are allowed to do music, or young adults that look/behave like teens, when back in the day it was all the opposite: all the biggest artists were grown adults in their 30's or older. Maybe a little bit younger, but not that much. And the most ironic part is that maybe Britney Spears is to blame for starting this trend of becoming a superstar at 16. 

You might have a point, and probably that's how most of the people sees Britney Spears nowadays, but they're all wrong for thinking that way. Years ago, when the Vegas residency started she was the same age as Katy Perry is today, and nobody complains about Katy being too old to keep performing. But I guess that's because she broke into scene when Britney already had almost 10 years of career. 

2 hours ago, Kiiddy said:

You're comparing a boy band from the 90s who stopped being active over a decade ago,
to a pop icon who never stopped releasing music, never stopped performing or dressing in **** outfits.

So it makes no sense for anyone to think she's 'desperate'
Especially if they like Beyonce or Lady Gaga considering they're in their 30s as well, because they don't have anything to say about them.

Beyonce is in her 40's tho :weirdmeout:

edit: she's 38 yo :weirdmeout:

Pop is very ageist, even more when you're a woman. Like for example in movies a 40 year old man plays a hot playboy who has tons of women but a 40 year old woman plays someone's mom. Anyway, how can you compare BSB with Britney? :weirdmeout: They haven't had a hit in decades, they're a nostalgia act. 

Archived