Is Britney's Choreography Copyrighted?

ITZFFGL

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but I was just wondering why Britney doesn't do more of her original choreography?

She does for Work *****, Slave and Me Against the Music but she doesn't for Circus, If U Seek Amy, Till The World Ends, 3, etc.

Doing the choreography from music videos would elevate Piece of Me so so so much.

She did music video choreography for Circus Tour and Femme Fatale Tour.

Is she allowed to do the choreography in Vegas? Is that a deal that has to be worked out with choreographers? I've always wondered why she doesn't do more of her recognizable moves. :donewithit:

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, ITZFFGL said:

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but I was just wondering why Britney doesn't do more of her original choreography?

She does for Work *****, Slave and Me Against the Music but she doesn't for Circus, If U Seek Amy, Till The World Ends, 3, etc.

Doing the choreography from music videos would elevate Piece of Me so so so much.

She did music video choreography for Circus Tour and Femme Fatale Tour.

Is she allowed to do the choreography in Vegas? Is that a deal that has to be worked out with choreographers? I've always wondered why she doesn't do more of her recognizable moves. :donewithit:

I think Britney's stamina is just not the same as it was "back in the day". She simplifies the dance moves so she can get through the whole show. ( my theory) :forkit:

ALSO, she gets bored easily after doing the same dance 384284237843 times.

No, it's a matter of wanting to change things up. Plus, getting new people in that wants their version and choreography of the songs she's performing. And sometimes herself that wants something different for a certain song or section of the set list. 

If she together with the creative team behind Vegas or a tour wanted she would do even the choreo which is now almost 20 years old. But few artists wants to do that exact same routines over and over 120 dates of a tour everytime  your on the road and then forever on. You gotta make it fresh and fun. 

AND, as I've said a million times before - NO ON DANCES, DRESSES OR SOUNDS LIKE BACK IN 2001 OR 2004. The industry changes a lot.. how much Britney's fans ever want it she will not be in an outfit that she wore at an awardshow 15 years ago. Her songs will not sound like 15 or even 10 year old material when getting a new record out today. And she will not be choreographed by ANYONE PROFESSIONAL today in the style of what choreographers did 15 years ago or in the way arists(and even bands back then!) danced in their videos. 

Archived