Britney Spears Mac Collection!

e-mailmyheart

1 hour ago, Arya said:

Ia but Mariah isnt a fashion icon either. They already released lipstick with Christina, lady Gaga, cyndi Lauper, Nicki, Rihanna, ariana, halsey, etc. Not all of them are everytime flaw-free and with good makeup on it. I think a Britney one would be good and shes more relevant than Mariah nowadays, but their idea was good to release a collection next to Christmas. 

I honestly do not know if Britney is more relevant than Mariah, I'm a fan of Britney but Mariah Carey just like Britney has had its peak, besides she's 11 years older than Britney and still remains a reference in the greatest female voices of music history! When Christmas arrives every single year, Mariah Carey is always remembered with her classic "All i want for christmas is you" , and she is (or at least tries) to always be all produced, you've seen her MTV Cribs, where does she show her closet in one of her houses ?! That's bigger than a whole mall, I do not think there are many celebrities who have a closet like hers, much less Britney! She gives a lot of importance to her look, from hair, make-up, body, everything, just go take a peek at her photos when she is on vacation, always well arranged, Britney wears regular bikinis that neither should be very expensive and if it is accurate use several times the same, not to mention that the hair is always misfed or caught in a coke in a hurry!

Britney tries to have a lifestyle without too many extravagances since Mariah Carey is the opposite! And when a brand hires or collaborates with someone, it is because they review that person with what the brand is and try to convey, so if Mariah Carey is always flawless (in her own way, with short, fair dresses and long hair...) the brand tries to grab this to sell a certain style that in her case is the brightness, she uses shades, lipsticks, blushes and other products with enough shine and shimmer, that's her brand in makeup and the brand sold it a make-up collection full of shine from the products themselves, to the packaging and even to the way the products are delivered: they see in a box stuffed with stones pretending to be diamonds, another reference to the style of Mariah Carey, since she bears many times great big jewels, not Britney yet!

With all this, I wanted to say that yes, most of the singers you mentioned are very much ingrained and try to always be perfect every day, either in makeup or in hair or clothes, but that does not mean because Britney is not always make up (good or bad) she is not entitled to have a make-up line, if Mariah's mark in makeup is shine, Britney's mark in makeup maybe it's more tanned and matte skin and look well smudged, so a line of favorite bronzers of her and shadows with shades of earth would be a good bet for her (sorry my english). 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, DoSomething954 said:

Mariah isn't a fashion icon but she is all about glamour and being over the top and done up to the nines and all that. So a glamourous sparkly makeup collection fits her. All the ppl you listed are more like that than Britney. I'm not saying it wouldn't be successful. MAC collections do well but it just seems off brand for Britney when she herself hates being done up like that. 

I don't think it matters as long as she would look great in the shots for the campaign which she obviously would. 
I think people only really care if the products look/are good, at least that's what it was like for me in the past.

1 hour ago, Arya said:

Me too. And I really dont like celebs like Kim K, Rihanna, Jlo and Bleache that are always trying to be fashion icons or perfect. But it amazes me how she doesnt know how to do a make up herself yet. I mean, since 16 years old she has People Who does it on her, so I thought shed learn eventually lol 

I don't know either. Maybe she's just unhandy with make up... like someone showed her "This is how you do a smokey eye!" and this is her interpretation of that. :blol: But as long as it's outside of her job, she really shouldn't have to care.

16 minutes ago, e-mailmyheart said:

I honestly do not know if Britney is more relevant than Mariah, I'm a fan of Britney but Mariah Carey just like Britney has had its peak, besides she's 11 years older than Britney and still remains a reference in the greatest female voices of music history! Mariah Carey is always remembered with her classic "All i want for christmas is you" and she is (or at least tries) to always be all produced, you've seen her MTV Cribs, where does she show her closet in one of her houses ?! That's bigger than a whole mall, I do not think there are many celebrities who have a closet like hers, much less Britney! She gives a lot of importance to her look, from hair, make-up, body, everything, just go take a peek at her photos when she is on vacation, always well arranged, Britney wears regular bikinis that neither should be very expensive and if it is accurate use several times the same, not to mention that the hair is always misfed or caught in a coke in a hurry!

Britney tries to have a lifestyle without too many extravagances since Mariah Carey is the opposite! And when a brand hires or collaborates with someone, it is because they review that person with what the brand is and try to convey, so if Mariah Carey is always flawless (in her own way, with short, fair dresses and long hair...) the brand tries to grab this to sell a certain style that in her case is the brightness, she uses shades, lipsticks, blushes and other products with enough shine and shimmer, that's her brand in makeup and the brand sold it a make-up collection full of shine from the products themselves, to the packaging and even to the way the products are delivered: they see in a box stuffed with stones pretending to be diamonds, another reference to the style of Mariah Carey, since she bears many times great big jewels, not Britney yet!

With all this, I wanted to say that yes, most of the singers you mentioned are very much ingrained and try to always be perfect every day, either in makeup or in hair or clothes, but that does not mean becauset Britney is not always make up (good or bad) she is not entitled to have a make-up line, if Mariah's mark in makeup is shine, Britney's mark in makeup maybe it's more tanned and matte skin and look well smudged, so a line of favorite bronzers of her and shadows with shades of earth would be a good bet for her (sorry my english). 

I get ur point and I kinda agree. Mariah is a legend but not so iconic. We can think about her butterflies, glitter, cleavege, etc etc. she is all about looks and being a diva. She is - hands down - one of the best vocalists ever. PERIOD. But she doesnt have many iconics moments in her career. She sold Just a lil less than madonna but madonna is a legend forever, for her tours, looks, videos, etc. Britney can be a normal person outside the stage, but the girl is always remembered bc of her iconic moments no matter how many years have passed. I like Mariah, but i think Britney had a lot more impact on pop music and pop culture. When u think about Britney, u think about the videos, the iconic outfits, choreos, etc. Its not connected to her as a person, but the icon, the legend, the popstar. Even as a person she is well known for the things she likes like starbucks, messy bun, uggs. Even her meme went viral.

Mariah started in 90 and started flopping in 2001 until 2005. But her last successful era was in 2008 and her last hit was in 2009. She is still a legend, but apart from her voice, her diva behavior and her legacy, she doesnt bring anything anymore to gp. Britney still manages to have a so-so "hit", her Vegas residency is very successful and I feel like People are still more interested in her personal Life than mariahs. Jlo is a flop nowadays too but i think People Care more about her than Mariah and mind u I dont even like jlo.

And I agree. They could put different shades of nuder and bronze shades for blush, powder, etc. And Britney has a lot of memorable things to put on the collection. 

And ur english is Good hun and english isnt my First Language too ;)

8 minutes ago, Ananaskopf said:

I don't know either. Maybe she's just unhandy with make up... like someone showed her "This is how you do a smokey eye!" and this is her interpretation of that. :blol: But as long as it's outside of her job, she really shouldn't have to care.

Haha Her smokey eye is tragic ngl 

What is that :meltdown:

Its a worst version of that hideous met gala bleaches make.

9 hours ago, DoSomething954 said:

I don't think ppl think of Britney and think amazing makeup. She's really down to earth and let's face it, her own makeup looks a mess sometimes. How is she going to market a whole collection? I think it works for those really glam superstars like Mariah or Rihanna or whatever. She needs something that makes sense..like a Starbucks partnership. 

yeah but you could've said the same when she came out with her fragrances or even books back in the day. Other celebrities have came out with stuff you wouldn't think they are known for but it managed to work out. Britney appeals to the girly girls so doing make up would be reasonable and some of her fragrances already have gift sets with lip glosses and eye shadows. I recently saw a gift set of Private show with like a lip stick or eye liner thing. 

51 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

yeah but you could've said the same when she came out with her fragrances or even books back in the day. Other celebrities have came out with stuff you wouldn't think they are known for but it managed to work out. Britney appeals to the girly girls so doing make up would be reasonable and some of her fragrances already have gift sets with lip glosses and eye shadows. I recently saw a gift set of Private show with like a lip stick or eye liner thing. 

Britney came out with fragrances before her "breakdown" and surprisingly kept the momentum with it afterwards (goes to show that a good product will sell regardless)

Britney doesn't really appeal to the makeup audience because outside of her on-stage persona she doesn't give a **** about good makeup. Other female celebs like Rihanna, Mariah, Beyonce  etc usually have well done makeup when stepping out in their personal lives. 

I personally think Britney makeup wouldn't sell. And if they wanted to they missed the boat on getting her in that industry. The most viable time "post-breakdown" would have been when she promoted Candies....

1 hour ago, Chico101 said:

Britney came out with fragrances before her "breakdown" and surprisingly kept the momentum with it afterwards (goes to show that a good product will sell regardless)

Britney doesn't really appeal to the makeup audience because outside of her on-stage persona she doesn't give a **** about good makeup. Other female celebs like Rihanna, Mariah, Beyonce  etc usually have well done makeup when stepping out in their personal lives. 

I personally think Britney makeup wouldn't sell. And if they wanted to they missed the boat on getting her in that industry. The most viable time "post-breakdown" would have been when she promoted Candies....

I guess you're right but I feel it can be done if it was marketed well. I mean if she is able to do high fashion spreads then she can pull this off and most of her fans are in their late 20's and 30's who can really afford MAC so they will buy it because it's Britney and it'll be limited edition so it'll sell well enough. People know or associate her with Britney Spears not Britney so they can care less what her off days are (minus her breakdown days) 

I mean Bunny "Graveyardgirl" sold out her line and most of the time she hardly has make up on and looks average. 

Archived