Forbes article about Glory :(

Gloray

This article is not rude, it's all about facts.

She has to do something with her career or she should retire. I'm waiting to see new MV for 2nd single. I hope she goes in right direction. If she gives us new MM MV her career is done.

The biggest problem of Britney is that she didn't grow as an artist in the last 6 years. She stucked in the past.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CaliSky said:

i think its interesting that they say something clearly isn't connecting with audiences anymore, hence two flop eras in a row. i really hope team britney takes this seriously and addresses the disconnect. i don't think i need to write the couple of things that are causing the disconnect - we all know. 

I think they're just gonna let her fade out slowly but surely.  But she will still perform at Vegas and record music. :rude2me:

18 minutes ago, AndrejBLV said:

This article is not rude, it's all about facts.

She has to do something with her career or she should retire. I'm waiting to see new MV for 2nd single. I hope she goes in right direction. If she gives us new MM MV her career is done.

The biggest problem of Britney is that she didn't grow as an artist in the last 6 years. She stucked in the past.

???

How about Glory? It's a classic Britney album that is a genuine successor to In The Zone and Blackout. That is the standard in which we judge Glory by. Not even "is it better than Britney Jean?" - but rather does it actually stand up to her very best work? And yes, it does.

There have also been 1000 threads comparing her dancing to 2011 or 2013/2014 and showing how much she's improved - Buzzfeed had an article and so did several other publications, and they were posted here .We should , as fans, be more positive and happy that she's slowly but surely improving(I also think it's good for Britney that she's performing at so many awards shows and festivals this year). Instead, many of us just continue to ***** and be overly negative, making comments to 'spill tea' while offhandedly putting her down or belittlening her progress. There's nothing wrong with being critical,wanting more from Britney and hoping for the best, but you don't have to spew hatred towards Britney and everything she does.

20 minutes ago, Catalin said:

???

How about Glory? It's a classic Britney album that is a genuine successor to In The Zone and Blackout. That is the standard in which we judge Glory by. Not even "is it better than Britney Jean?" - but rather does it actually stand up to her very best work? And yes, it does.

There have also been 1000 threads comparing her dancing to 2011 or 2013/2014 and showing how much she's improved - Buzzfeed had an article and so did several other publications, and they were posted here .We should , as fans, be more positive and happy that she's slowly but surely improving(I also think it's good for Britney that she's performing at so many awards shows and festivals this year). Instead, many of us just continue to ***** and be overly negative, making comments to 'spill tea' while offhandedly putting her down or belittlening her progress. There's nothing wrong with being critical,wanting more from Britney and hoping for the best, but you don't have to spew hatred towards Britney and everything she does.

Slowly but surely? It's almost been a decade. Glory is a great album she did amazing on it! But she's not a good performer. We shouldn't be stuck praising her because she's improved from looking like a zombie.. we should praise her when she actually starts taking her performances seriously instead of giving the bare minimum 

People arent simply interested in britney spears anymore.. its simple as it sounds.

there are acts with less promotional campaigns than glory sell millions and britney cant even crack a platinum sale to make me and glory..

its disturbing yet at the same time im not THAT annoyed. The album is amazing and no one can deny that

but if britney really needs to be hugely loved again she needs to be OVER THE TOP PROMOTIONAL. And im not talking radio deals or good music videos or interviews!! NO!!

32 minutes ago, Catalin said:

???

She has improved since FF and BJ. And like you said, Glory is in the same vein as ITZ - although it will never top it IMO. However, she hasn't grown too much as an artist for a while now, I feel she is just starting with this album, but the thing is her main contemporary pop girls - Rihanna and Beyoncé - released their albums in their career in 2016 (for me Anti is Rihanna's most interesting and mature album so far, same for Lemonade - to some extent), while also significantly evolving as performers. And Britney, while she is making some definite progress and improvements - which we almost kind of gave up on - doesn't show the same level of growth and maturity IMO. Which is not bad per se, because, should Britney really do the same kind of sound and lyrics as Beyoncé and Rihanna? probably not. But that may explain the "disconnect", as another member explained, between her and the GP.

And please don't ever quote Buzzfeed or exhale threads as actual sources lol

Britney's been around so long now that people take her for granted. It happens with every big star. Do you see Elton John, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen selling 10 million albums?

There are probably a number of reasons why Glory has charted so poorly, but I can tell you it has nothing to do with promo, lip-synching, or her performances. She promoted Glory harder than she has any album ever save for maybe the Britney album. She's lipped her whole career, yet still managed to sell 100 million records, so I doubt that people suddenly care. Her performances have mostly been well-received. The only one that got a little backlash was the VMAs, and mostly because people expect Britney to be over the top and she wasn't.

The truth is, at this point in her career it's more about quality than quantity.

1 hour ago, Spearsfan said:

It's everyone's fault. Britney is part of the team. 

So did the lack of communication. 

So did the lack of support from the fans. Instead of supporting her, some ******* were more worried about a ******* album cover, a scrapped music video and all the drama. The fans made it a big issue to even go as far as make a petition to change an album cover. Instead of being embracing they made it worse, and imo killed the era. Along with no communication from the team, everything just fell apart. 

Oh well, at least the album is flawless 

:drinky:

The ones in here complaining about her lip singing, her promotional ways, her PR team, and everything in between are THE SAME BROKE ******* that haven't even bought the album so WTF are u even wondering why she's not selling?? You broke ***** could barely afford a $1 Mc Chicken from McDonald's yet alone a flawless $20 album. Poor you!!!!

I pray you have an income soon

:donewithit:

Archived