Britney should start taking dance lessons

derick

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, david lachapelle said:

last two eras? you mean LAST era. honey, the God Fatale era is amazing and you will deal. :receipts1:

also, yeah i do demand more from her. why? because she's a POPSTAR. she's NOT my best friend. it's normal, and at this point, it's JUSTIFIED for her fans to want her to actually dance, sing, and take everything seriously. all the other popstars are doing it, why can't Britney? she's NOT "special" and i'm not going to treat her like it. 

Drag ha sis she will continue to think half assing is cool and will continue to flop and lose fans b/c of delusional britards that think she's still the best dancer in the industry I feel so bad for them to be so out of touch with reality...lol they think the gp all of a sudden started sayin she can't dance b/c of the breakdown circus was hugely successful gp and critics loved it...of course fans that were used to primeney complained about the amount of dancing she did but it wasn't until ff the gp dragged her for being drugged and stiff as **** :idkney:

43 minutes ago, cgshaw said:

the sales figures say otherwise sis 

Drag ha :hype:

I do agree with OP tbh, and not because she's not dancing, or doing it bad. It's just that she needs more fluid movements, and it's obvious her lack of execution, and even tho she has improved A LOT she still need more emphasis. And I'm not a dancer but anybody could tell the same, I mean, just look back at the M&M's tour and you'll see that even in her darkest moment she was dancing pretty well.

But anyways, I wish she gets better and better. 

14 hours ago, Barbie Spears said:

My reply button keeps crashing but @ The other user: Watch any of Timberlake's dance breaks from his recent concerts from the past 1-2 years, he has incredible fluidity and energy in his moves. Same goes for Beyonce, she's v confident and always on beat with her choreo and always in sync with her background dancers. As a result, they both present more high quality visuals as performers despite the fact that Britney is (or was) a much better dancer than either of them in the technical sense.

Agree re: the lack of fluidity and energy being the issues impeding Britney's dancing, rather than the choreo.

I strongly believe her relative deficits in both of the aforementioned areas are precipitated by confidence issues (hence why she looks so much more passionate and energetic in rehearsals; lack of nerves in that setting allows her to let go). 

Watching those videos, JT's in particular, further confirmed my theory. Back when he was with NSYNC, he was actually also a very technical dancer, similarly performing choreography by Wade Robson and executing routines with a level of difficulty on par with Britney at that same point in time (Slave 4 U, etc). 

Looking at his dancing now, however, it's clear the choreography is MUCH more simple than his "No Strings Attached" or "Celebrity" days, but it looks just about as good as it did 15 years ago due to his "swag." He's clearly confident in his ability as a dancer and is at home on stage, and it makes all the difference in the world.

Thats why I don't think new choreography is going to fix anything with regard to Britney sometimes still appearing stiff. She has the physical capability, but the mental block is much harder to fight through.

However, considering the amazing progress she has made recently, from the Womanizer breakdown to the TOMH back walkover and so much more, I truly believe she will eventually have her confidence as a performer fully restored, and thus fluidity as a dancer returned to form. 

I don't think you can compare Britney to Justin and Beyonce as Britney went through a lot in the past; the thing is I always assumed medication and social anxiety affect her fluidity and confidence in performing/dancing. But she has improved so much now.

That being said, rule of thumb, everyone whether amateur or professional, in any field requires to practice in his/her field constantly to stay sharp and ahead in his/her class. You have to constantly train yourself. I remember when the late Michael Jackson was readying himself for the This Is It concert. He practiced nonstop so that he can keep up with his very much younger dancers. But of course, Michael trained so hard that it took his life. But the point is everyone requires to practice. No one is an exception.

Obviously she can dance. We've seen it in rehearsal, we've seen it in her Instagram videos and we saw it at the bmas and even the vmas. But Britney is an "anxiety ridden" woman. (Her words) and she didn't specify Wheather that was with everyday activities or peroforming. But I suspect sometimes she just lets the anxiety get the best of her. It's hard to overcome and it's not something that you can over come and be done with it usually lasts a life time. It might depend on the crowd as well, when she did bbma she started so obviously stiff and nervous but as soon as she realized the crowd was roaring just for her she slayed. Anxiety is very fickle. She just has to ease into things. I almost feel like the bigger the audience the easier it is to perform , there's just an overload of faces and you can't make out any which one, but with a more private venue you have to end up making eye contact with someone and tbh I don't think she's too comfortable with that either.

She'll get there, she has it in her. But I have to say  gross ew yuck i am disgusted disgusting at your reference/insinuation or use of example being Whitney Houston. They are in different spheres of the music industry and Britney didn't go through the same things Whitney went through so I find that inappropriate tbh :NYnod: And also it's not like Britney took as long a break as Whitney took between albums and in all honesty Whitney had a much bigger success than Britney did earlier on so there was more riding on her having 'The Voice' and maintaining it than Britney maintaining her dancing ability which she still has the potential to recover. But might I add that in my belief it is actually a harder feat for Britney to return to her dancing ability she had in her prime than say for Whitney to reignite her voice like she was trying, may she rest in peace. And Whitney was getting her voice back, Clive and everyone was saying it. It's just tragic what ended up happening. But yes I truly believe Britney set the bar very high for herself with dancing and the fact she worked incredibly hard to get to that level.

Anyway all I want is for Britney to be happy and to have the very best of the best people surrounding her, nurturing her and supporting her career. That includes choreographers and Britney hasn't really had the best choreographers since her prime IMO. :crying1:

6 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

Agree re: the lack of fluidity and energy being the issues impeding Britney's dancing, rather than the choreo.

I strongly believe her relative deficits in both of the aforementioned areas are precipitated by confidence issues (hence why she looks so much more passionate and energetic in rehearsals; lack of nerves in that setting allows her to let go). 

Watching those videos, JT's in particular, further confirmed my theory. Back when he was with NSYNC, he was actually also a very technical dancer, similarly performing choreography by Wade Robson and executing routines with a level of difficulty on par with Britney at that same point in time (Slave 4 U, etc). 

Looking at his dancing now, however, it's clear the choreography is MUCH more simple than his "No Strings Attached" or "Celebrity" days, but it looks just about as good as it did 15 years ago due to his "swag." He's clearly confident in his ability as a dancer and is at home on stage, and it makes all the difference in the world.

Thats why I don't think new choreography is going to fix anything with regard to Britney sometimes still appearing stiff. She has the physical capability, but the mental block is much harder to fight through.

However, considering the amazing progress she has made recently, from the Womanizer breakdown to the TOMH back walkover and so much more, I truly believe she will eventually have her confidence as a performer fully restored, and thus fluidity as a dancer returned to form

Plz be right sis :rihclap:

5 hours ago, Jay83 said:

I don't think you can compare Britney to Justin and Beyonce as Britney went through a lot in the past; the thing is I always assumed medication and social anxiety affect her fluidity and confidence in performing/dancing. But she has improved so much now.

That being said, rule of thumb, everyone whether amateur or professional, in any field requires to practice in his/her field constantly to stay sharp and ahead in his/her class. You have to constantly train yourself. I remember when the late Michael Jackson was readying himself for the This Is It concert. He practiced nonstop so that he can keep up with his very much younger dancers. But of course, Michael trained so hard that it took his life. But the point is everyone requires to practice. No one is an exception.

A doctor took his life but yes he was a true professional and had went through hell as did Whitney but they cared about their name, legacy, and reputation...Britney doesn't seem to give a ****:quirkney:

5 hours ago, austsilva said:

Obviously she can dance. We've seen it in rehearsal, we've seen it in her Instagram videos and we saw it at the bmas and even the vmas. But Britney is an "anxiety ridden" woman. (Her words) and she didn't specify Wheather that was with everyday activities or peroforming. But I suspect sometimes she just lets the anxiety get the best of her. It's hard to overcome and it's not something that you can over come and be done with it usually lasts a life time. It might depend on the crowd as well, when she did bbma she started so obviously stiff and nervous but as soon as she realized the crowd was roaring just for her she slayed. Anxiety is very fickle. She just has to ease into things. I almost feel like the bigger the audience the easier it is to perform , there's just an overload of faces and you can't make out any which one, but with a more private venue you have to end up making eye contact with someone and tbh I don't think she's too comfortable with that either.

Which explains all those eff ups and rushing with Apple Music...she even admitted that made her more nervous :quirkney:

5 hours ago, austsilva said:

:NYnod:

Archived