Yet again, I have to leave this here.

Guest Diamond Horse

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, badunkahunk said:

1) "There's nothing hard to sing on britney jean" the passenger note you mention yourself in this dissertation (just enjoy the riiiiiIIIIIIIiiiiiide) is DEFINITELY hard to sing. 

2) It's not just in the zone - she's had heavy vocal support throughout her career, and thats ok. 

3) Myah is not the only backup vocalist on britney jean......

4) "I mean... just show me which song in her career had as much (unneeded) "support" as Passenger or Body Ache" I would say that the CHORUS to a grammy award winning SINGLE that was not even sung by her would qualify for this. 

1) The riiiiide note like you're saying, yes, it's hard to sing, and it would've been acceptable if that was the only thing Myah contributed to the song, but in fact she sings so much more. That long *** whole bridge is obviously her, everytime you hear "I'll let you lead the WAY NNNOOW cause I want you to take the WHEEEL" it's Myah. The only part I can remember for sure is Britney is when she says "It's hard to jump with no net" and the bit following that.

As a side note, Britney can sing the rIIIIde note, she has the range, and I'm very disappointed she didn't and let Myah do it. Can't blame her tho.

Btw why aren't you addressing the parts Myah sings in Work *****?

2) I never said it was just In the Zone, but it was a lot more obvious in In the Zone. And no amount of "vocal support" compares to the one she's had in Britney Jean. To the point where it's not vocal support anymore but impersonation.

3) Yes there's also Sia I could remember and Myah is a lot more than a backup vocalist when she sings full parts without being backed or being backed by Britney Spears. :quirkney:

4) Toxic's pre-chorus has Britney vocals mixed but I'll give you that Cathy's vocals are dominant. But the involvment of Myah and Cathy is not comparable. Britney dominates in Toxic, there's no question, she made the song hers. I can't say the same about the songs on Britney Jean, where it's either Myah dominating with Britney nowhere to be found or half Myah/half Britney. It's almost like a joint album.

Now are you comparing say, In the Zone, with Britney Jean? Don't you think that Myah's presence was too much? Don't you wonder why Britney didn't sing most of the stuff on it?

Work ***** is her first lead single where 100% of the lead vocals aren't hers. It's truly a special case and a dud in her discography for me.

I understand that you love BJ and enjoy it, so I'm not going to try and convince you further. You can keep your opinion about it, and I'll keep mine. And I caught that 'dissertation' shade btw. :mhm:

27 minutes ago, button said:

1) The riiiiide note like you're saying, yes, it's hard to sing, and it would've been acceptable if that was the only thing Myah contributed to the song, but in fact she sings so much more. That long *** whole bridge is obviously her, everytime you hear "I'll let you lead the WAY NNNOOW cause I want you to take the WHEEEL" it's Myah. The only part I can remember for sure is Britney is when she says "It's hard to jump with no net" and the bit following that.

As a side note, Britney can sing the rIIIIde note, she has the range, and I'm very disappointed she didn't and let Myah do it. Can't blame her tho.

Btw why aren't you addressing the parts Myah sings in Work *****?

2) I never said it was just In the Zone, but it was a lot more obvious in In the Zone. And no amount of "vocal support" compares to the one she's had in Britney Jean. To the point where it's not vocal support anymore but impersonation.

3) Yes there's also Sia I could remember and Myah is a lot more than a backup vocalist when she sings full parts without being backed or being backed by Britney Spears. :quirkney:

4) Toxic's pre-chorus has Britney vocals mixed but I'll give you that Cathy's vocals are dominant. But the involvment of Myah and Cathy is not comparable. Britney dominates in Toxic, there's no question, she made the song hers. I can't say the same about the songs on Britney Jean, where it's either Myah dominating with Britney nowhere to be found or half Myah/half Britney. It's almost like a joint album.

Now are you comparing say, In the Zone, with Britney Jean? Don't you think that Myah's presence was too much? Don't you wonder why Britney didn't sing most of the stuff on it?

Work ***** is her first lead single where 100% of the lead vocals aren't hers. It's truly a special case and a dud in her discography for me.

I understand that you love BJ and enjoy it, so I'm not going to try and convince you further. You can keep your opinion about it, and I'll keep mine. And I caught that 'dissertation' shade btw. :mhm:

Are you just not even reading what I wrote...? I never once said I liked Britney Jean, much less "love" it. never said that........

And god no I would never compare BJ to ITZ...what!?? 

We will agree to disagree. The only point I was trying to make was I find it to be hypocritical to praise toxic and break the ice where cathy dennis and keri hilsons voices are dominant in the chorus and then SMASH songs off of BJ for doing literally the same thing. 

Thats all. 

9 minutes ago, badunkahunk said:

Are you just not even reading what I wrote...? I never once said I liked Britney Jean, much less "love" it. never said that........

And god no I would never compare BJ to ITZ...what!?? 

We will agree to disagree. The only point I was trying to make was I find it to be hypocritical to praise toxic and break the ice where cathy dennis and keri hilsons voices are dominant in the chorus and then SMASH songs off of BJ for doing literally the same thing. 

Thats all. 

Your eagerness to defend BJ made me think you love it. It was an assumption, you didn't have to be so harsh in response? :nothavingit:

You said she had "heavy vocal support" throughout her career, as if the support on Toxic or her previous work was as big and dominant as the one on Britney Jean songs like Passenger... now if you're asking people to not be hypocritical by bashing BJ songs and praising Toxic then you're pretty much asking to equate ITZ and BJ in terms of vocal involvement. And you just confirmed it when you said it's "literally the same thing". It's really not.

Bye.

14 hours ago, button said:

Your eagerness to defend BJ made me think you love it. It was an assumption, you didn't have to be so harsh in response? :nothavingit:

You said she had "heavy vocal support" throughout her career, as if the support on Toxic or her previous work was as big and dominant as the one on Britney Jean songs like Passenger... now if you're asking people to not be hypocritical by bashing BJ songs and praising Toxic then you're pretty much asking to equate ITZ and BJ in terms of vocal involvement. And you just confirmed it when you said it's "literally the same thing". It's really not.

Bye.

Not in the zone and BJ, just toxic one of her greatest hits and she doesn't even sing the chorus lol. 

Also gurl I tried to take the high road, we agree to disagree and this is done. Bye profile pic-less beeotch. 

Archived