Some guy drags Glory's sales

Soni

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Brisketney said:

Tbh, y'all are overinflating this so much. He's actually kinda right and agreeable on most things. He just made a video that basically explained that the quality of music + how relevant you are doesn't depend on promo.

He did it in a mean way thou...and that Steve Irwin joke? Srsly??
He suggested that Britney was flopping and isn't relevant when she still sales good compared to current pop girls...did he bash Gwen Stefani when her tour and singles flopped?Her album also didn't sell that great.
But Britney is a high target..did he bash her single peaking at 17# tho?
He didn't say anything about the quality of her music..we all know Brit isn't relevant that's that..and we know that promo isn't helping that much..but what other can Britney do lmao??

I am sick of people bashing her and some ppl like u coming and telling us to keep quiet and ignore them.Monsters,Hive,Beliebers and others all protect their fav.I get that the Barmy has a thick skin from the drags trough all these years towards BritBrit but it is so dumb to just let people bash our fav :nothavingit:

19 minutes ago, Brisketney said:

Tbh, y'all are overreacting. He's actually kinda right and agreeable on most things. He just made a video that basically explained that the quality of music + how relevant you are doesn't depend on promo.

But why make a video about her in particular, a popstar 18 years into her career? Why was there not a similar video for Lotus, Bionic, ARTPOP? Gwen's 2016 album TIWTTFL which also had lots of promo?

Sounds like a hater with malicious intentions. He's not trying to do anything constructive in the slightest. It's just the usual "drags!!! 11 and shades111" and he should not be given any credit.

16 minutes ago, Soni said:

He did it in a mean way thou...and that Steve Irwin joke? Srsly??
He suggested that Britney was flopping and isn't relevant when she still sales good compared to current pop girls...did he bash Gwen Stefani when her tour and singles flopped?Her album also didn't sell that great.
But Britney is a high target..did he bash her single peaking at 17# tho?
He didn't say anything about the quality of her music..we all know Brit isn't relevant that's that..and we know that promo isn't helping that much..but what other can Britney do lmao??

I am sick of people bashing her and some ppl like u coming and telling us to keep quiet and ignore them.Monsters,Hive,Beliebers and others all protect their fav.I get that the Barmy has a thick skin from the drags trough all these years towards BritBrit but it is so dumb to just let people bash our fav :nothavingit:

Gosh, okay. You guys are coming at him for not knowing enough about Britney before coming at her, but here you are coming at this guy for making an angry rant, when his channel literally thrives off of angry rants. He has shat on pop music before and it's very expected coming from him. It's just such a waste of time to be angry at this guy. 

That comparison just doesn't work. And to rebut, has Gwen Stefani ever reached a level that Britney did in her prime? If you watched it and didn't quickly just comment, you'd know that he did explain that she was very popular before, which means he acknowledges her previous successes. He even mentioned how Britney makes so much money from Piece Of Me. He just means that Britney set the standard so high for herself that it's shocking to see her sales not do that well. That's what the video is about. It's basically how promo can't save some people. 

Yes, there are a few harmful jokes here and there, but that's just how he rolls by the looks of it. I am sick of the army bashing anyone who has anything else to say about Britney's career. Monsters, The Beyhive and the Beliebers? Really? Do you know why those fandoms are hated by every other fandom the most? Because they're annoying as hell. If you had such a thick skin you wouldn't be bothered by something as irrelevant as this.

8 minutes ago, button said:

But why make a video about her in particular, a popstar 18 years into her career? Why was there not a similar video for Lotus, Bionic, ARTPOP? Gwen's 2016 album TIWTTFL which also had lots of promo?

Sounds like a hater with malicious intentions. He's not trying to do anything constructive in the slightest. It's just the usual "drags!!! 11 and shades111" and he should not be given any credit.

Christina's last success was in 2008. Her career died so long ago it wouldn't be relevant for him to bring that up. Gaga has had a relatively short eight year career which doesn't drive his point home. Gwen has never reached a level of success that Britney has so it wouldn't make sense for him to bring that up either. 

"A hater with malicious intentions" LOL look at his channel please, he hates almost all pop music. You guys are wasting so much energy lmao. His point isn't "Britney is such a flop", his point is "**** tons of promo won't save your career". 

1 minute ago, Brisketney said:

Gosh, okay. You guys are coming at him for not knowing enough about Britney before coming at her, but here you are coming at this guy for making an angry rant, when his channel literally thrives off of angry rants. He has shat on pop music before and it's very expected coming from him. It's just such a waste of time to be angry at this guy. 

That comparison just doesn't work. And to rebut, has Gwen Stefani ever reached a level that Britney did in her prime? If you watched it and didn't quickly just comment, you'd know that he did explain that she was very popular before, which means he acknowledges her previous successes. It just means that Britney set the standard so high for herself that it's shocking to see her sales not do that well. That's what the video is about. It's basically how promo can't save some people. 

Yes, there are a few harmful jokes here and there, but that's just how he rolls by the looks of it. I am sick of the army bashing anyone who has anything else to say about Britney's career. Monsters, The Beyhive and the Beliebers? Really? Do you know why those fandoms are hated by every other fandom the most? Because they're annoying as hell. If you had such a thick skin you wouldn't be bothered by something as irrelevant as this.

But some people think he is speaking some kind of truth and they don't even know that it is only half of it.
What are u saying? That he should bash only people who have a very high peak like Britney??Gwen can't save herself too and she did lots of promo too!I get that he is saying that promo can't save anyone but he is attacking just Britney.And it is known that she won't sell as good as previous.Janet used to sell big but now she can't sell at all.Did he bash her?Or is she gonna get a pass just cuz she showed her **** at the SB and now everyone hates her (which isn't a reason cuz Britney had a massive meltdown and she still came back up on top)I can't even with u saying that she can't live up to her standard omg ofc she can't..nobody can!Madonna can't sell like she used to but is he coming for her?Gosh and telling me that I didn't watch it...I POSTED IT LMAO

I freaking hate Army members who bash people who give constructive criticism but in this video it is mostly just spewing hate.U can actually tell who is bashing and who is just giving a respectful opinion and that guy clearly isn't one of those people like we see from his other videos.But I guess that part of the Army that u are in can't tell the difference huh?
And I am not even saying to be just like those fandoms.They are annoying yes, but the Army is so passive at timesss

18 minutes ago, Brisketney said:

Look into the context. He doesn't like pop music. Christina's last success was in 2008. It wouldn't be relevant for him to bring that up. Gaga has had a relatively short eight year career which doesn't drive his point home. Gwen has never reached a level of success that Britney has so it wouldn't make sense for him to bring that up either. 

"A hater with malicious intentions" LOL look at his channel please, he hates almost all pop music. You guys are wasting so much energy lmao. His point isn't "Britney is such a flop", his point is "**** tons of promo won't save your career". 

Sorry didn't check the channel. Doesn't mean he doesn't have a special disdain for Britney Spears because let's be real, she is one of the most hated popstars, especially among this kind of "hipsters".

But alright let's suppose he didn't purposefully pick Britney. Does what he's trying to prove really apply to Britney? Britney didn't naturally decline, there were huge factors causing her commercial success to fade and her image has been tarnished since 2007. What is happening to her right now was kind of bound to occur and Femme Fatale was a foreshadowing of that. When you have a huge meltdown, go under conservatorship and don't have the right to choose the direction of your musical projects on top of being a medicated performer, you're obviously going to lose your fans, public interest and don't renew your fanbase and with a similar image no amount of promo will make your albums a success. In my opinion he picked the worst example possible of a declining popstar who can't "save her career". The ineffective promo is a cumulative result, her decline did not happen naturally.

15 minutes ago, Soni said:

But some people think he is speaking some kind of truth and they don't even know that it is only half of it.
What are u saying? That he should bash only people who have a very high peak like Britney??Gwen can't save herself too and she did lots of promo too!I get that he is saying that promo can't save anyone but he is attacking just Britney.And it is known that she won't sell as good as previous.Janet used to sell big but now she can't sell at all.Did he bash her?Or is she gonna get a pass just cuz she showed her **** at the SB and now everyone hates her (which isn't a reason cuz Britney had a massive meltdown and she still came back up on top)I can't even with u saying that she can't live up to her standard omg ofc she can't..nobody can!Madonna can't sell like she used to but is he coming for her?Gosh and telling me that I didn't watch it...I POSTED IT LMAO

I freaking hate Army members who bash people who give constructive criticism but in this video it is mostly just spewing hate.U can actually tell who is bashing and who is just giving a respectful opinion and that guy clearly isn't one of those people like we see from his other videos.But I guess that part of the Army that u are in can't tell the difference huh?
And I am not even saying to be just like those fandoms.They are annoying yes, but the Army is so passive at timesss

Yes, I am saying he's meant to criticize people who have a very high peak because that's his ******* point. His point is that no matter how extremely successful you once were, if the ship is sinking, promo won't save it. If you think I'm gonna believe you watched the whole thing after that, lmao. Once again, Gwen wasn't as successful or relevant as Britney. Janet's career faded a long time ago so it's not relevant to bring that up. Madonna's last success was also a long time ago which means it isn't that relevant either. 

People post things after only hearing like 30 seconds of the video and you seem like one of them so, oh well, pardon me I guess. If the way someone says things bothers you even though they brought up strong points, you don't have a thick skin just saying :nickishade: And I can tell the difference ty , I just choose not to be offended by things that aren't worth getting offended by :saycheese:, this video is a prime example. 

Archived