Promo DOES work

Allmylife

I keep reading topics on here about promo not doing anything for glory and Britney, but that's false.

Carpool Karaoke and VMAs helped make me becoming the #2 selling song for a week and remain in the top 10 for a week.

britney going Ellen helped glory jump 25+ spots on iTunes back in the top 10.

the only reason apple and iheart didn't have any immediate impact is because I heart is for Britney to garner radio support and Apple is for Britney to garner streaming support and promotion on from Apple. 

Whatever promo Britney has done has worked considering her team didn't do their usual hype campaign that they usually do. They just need to continue with this consistency to keep glory and Britney out there.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love that she's getting better at performing and that's she's performing on all kinds of shows right now, because FF was a disaster in terms of live performances and britney's energy was non-existent. But I really want at least a couple of songs from the album (other than MM and DYWCO) :otears: is it too much to ask? :otears: 

49 minutes ago, lowresist said:

we are getting so much promo comparing to the last era ... I think every bit of it helps to get her in the eyes of the GP again. it just takes time but hopefully they'll continue with it :cooltshirt:

I agree. After the promo-less Brenda Joan era and the half-hearted FF promo, it will take time for the gp to realize this is the second coming of Britney's prime and start supporting her as a current artist again and not just as an icon. 

1 hour ago, Catalin said:

No. Unfortunately, it doesn't work.Look at the album sales... Literally no impact.

That has more to do with a bigger problem of the past five years of BRITNEYS career and her having to reintroduce herself to this new generation. 

Besides Britney isn't gonna have blockbuster sales anymore. Most pop stars albums haven't gone platinum or even gold in pure sales besides beyonce Adele and Taylor swift. Things like that aren't as much of a metric of success as before.

what she needs to focus on is building her streaming because that's where the money is and right now she's on her way to becoming a pretty decent streaming artist.

1 hour ago, Allmylife said:

That has more to do with a bigger problem of the past five years of BRITNEYS career and her having to reintroduce herself to this new generation. 

Besides Britney isn't gonna have blockbuster sales anymore. Most pop stars albums haven't gone platinum or even gold in pure sales besides beyonce Adele and Taylor swift. Things like that aren't as much of a metric of success as before.

what she needs to focus on is building her streaming because that's where the money is and right now she's on her way to becoming a pretty decent streaming artist.

TRUTH. It sucks that her team doesn't make a lyric video for every song on the album and upload it to vevo. #money

every small or big promo this era is something to be thankful for. considering how 2010-2015 kind of made her disappear from the public eye, it would be tremendous effort to get her back into the superstar she once was. and these promors are the first steps - we cant expect too big of an impact for now.

On 10/2/2016 at 1:15 AM, Artsy Fartsy said:

I think they're planning something really big for second single :quirkney:

I don't wanna get my hopes up but I hope. I think they know the Make Me video was kind of a dud. I just want an EPIC video. Work ***** was great. Spectacular visuals. Hold It Against Me was also amazing. We need something to make this era a visual memory. So far we have great promo but no iconic image. I still see Britney standing in a pool with a circling shark. I still see her dress growing around her videos with paint flowing out of her fingers. So far, there is nothing like that this era. 

Archived