WHY HER PERFORMANCES HAVEN'T REACHED HIGHEST LEVEL (WITH PICS)

xoxo, Stan.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like I know parts to Britney songs that she herself may not even know the timing of sometimes.

Yall know how it is when you lip synching and dancing to the songs by yourself and you can just display the right emotions and hit the right spots to the music? I feel like she doesn't know how to do that naturally.

1 hour ago, BlueMamba said:

Yeah, she needs new choreo. That's no secret BUT most important is that this girl needs to REHEARSE. She danced her *** off back in the day. But she was only able to do it, because she worked harder in the dance studio than anyone else in the buisness. We barely see her in the studio now. I actually understand it, because she wants to have time with her kids. But that's the reason why a lot of her perfomance's are a bit messy.

This is the real problem....she is not putting the proper amt of hours rehearsing to polish up her routines. 

I've noticed she's comes in only to learn her moves...do a couple of vauge rehearsals and that's it.

POM could be great show  if she was on queue with the basic  choreography she has right now....she's most of the time rushing the dance steps or counting in her head....she used to be a pro at dancing....she needs to put her head into it and stop half-assing. 

I used to get it when her kids where young...you don't want to miss the small details of their lifes...but they are big enough now. She can put some effort at her job...she can take notes from queen  Bey or J.lo for that matter

2 hours ago, OutrageousMoi said:

David LaChapelle? You're the king. :rihclap:

She can, it's not like someone can lose the capacity of dancing when she used to dance her *** of like a pro. She has the perfect body now. What is ruinning her hability is the poor choreography.

i think if she would be capable of doing more complex choreographies, they would use them... maybe she has problems with memorizing new moves

1 hour ago, xBritneyFan19x said:

The "choreography" excuse has been used since 2008. First it was Andre's fault during the Circus tour and MVs, then it was Brian's fault for not pushing her during the HIAM MV, and now that's she's actually doing more choreography in her performances than any point since 2008, it's the "poor choreography" that's holding her back.

We haven't seen her come anywhere close to her old performances for almost a decade now. Forgive me for not following everything she's done, but the last time I saw anything close to the stage presence/energy she used to have was during the Womanizer X Factor performance in 2008. Even though there wasn't much at all in the way of choreography, she was hitting every move, she had that look in her eye as she stared into the crowd, and she didn't have to make cute faces every 10 seconds to convince everyone she was engaged in her performance. In terms of dancing ability, by far the best we've seen since 2008 was the BBMA this year.

It's hard to put a finger on a single factor that's made her performance level drop so much - it's probably a myriad of things. Her dancing is obviously nowhere near as technically good as it used to be; she's often stiff, slow, lacks energy and she often doesn't follow through with each move. It always seems to me nowadays that rather than devoting her energy to the moves she's performing, she's spending the whole time thinking only about what her next move is. She seems unable to look into the crowd for more than half a second without making an exaggerated facial expression. She seems deathly afraid of looking into any cameras. Her stage presence has severely diminished, so much so that I was paying more attention to the Exhale comment last night than the performances. I'm no longer excited and eager to see the next move she's going to kill on-stage; rather, I'm just watching her go through the motions as she did in rehearsals.

Preach it

36 minutes ago, portrait said:

i think if she would be capable of doing more complex choreographies, they would use them... maybe she has problems with memorizing new moves

Nope. She just doesn't want to use them. If she has problems with memorizing new moves, that's very easy: just rehearse more. The point is that she doesn't want to. 

1 hour ago, iamtonys said:

This is the real problem....she is not putting the proper amt of hours rehearsing to polish up her routines. 

I've noticed she's comes in only to learn her moves...do a couple of vauge rehearsals and that's it.

POM could be great show  if she was on queue with the basic  choreography she has right now....she's most of the time rushing the dance steps or counting in her head....she used to be a pro at dancing....she needs to put her head into it and stop half-assing. 

I used to get it when her kids where young...you don't want to miss the small details of their lifes...but they are big enough now. She can put some effort at her job...she can take notes from queen  Bey or J.lo for that matter

Well, I agree with you for the most part. But her kids are only 11 and 10, it's not like their adults or even teenagers. It would be awesome if Britney would put the effort in her perfomances Beyonce and JLo does. Even tho most of the army would not be happy with Bey's choreo either. JLo on the other hand isn't only an energetic performer, but also a very great dancer. But only God knows if both Bey and JLo are treating her kids with half the time and love Britney does with her own kids. 

2 hours ago, BlueMamba said:

Well, I agree with you for the most part. But her kids are only 11 and 10, it's not like their adults or even teenagers. It would be awesome if Britney would put the effort in her perfomances Beyonce and JLo does. Even tho most of the army would not be happy with Bey's choreo either. JLo on the other hand isn't only an energetic performer, but also a very great dancer. But only God knows if both Bey and JLo are treating her kids with half the time and love Britney does with her own kids. 

The point is. If she's feeling competitive - as people around her are saying - she should work harder, she should read the critics and ask herself if there is really something to be changed.

2 hours ago, BlueMamba said:

For some reason I thought her kids were younger, but if they're that old they should be in school of some sort for at the very least 6 hrs. That's like 30 hrs per week to rehearse

I think a lot of it is nerves.

She doesn't view herself as a "cool chick" anymore, and it's affecting her ability to relax and let loose on stage.

And I totally understand that feeling...I'm 5 years older than Britney, and by the mid-30's it really starts to sink in that the world no longer views you (and you don't view yourself) in the same way.

5 hours ago, xBritneyFan19x said:

The "choreography" excuse has been used since 2008. First it was Andre's fault during the Circus tour and MVs, then it was Brian's fault for not pushing her during the HIAM MV, and now that's she's actually doing more choreography in her performances than any point since 2008, it's the "poor choreography" that's holding her back.

We haven't seen her come anywhere close to her old performances for almost a decade now. Forgive me for not following everything she's done, but the last time I saw anything close to the stage presence/energy she used to have was during the Womanizer X Factor performance in 2008. Even though there wasn't much at all in the way of choreography, she was hitting every move, she had that look in her eye as she stared into the crowd, and she didn't have to make cute faces every 10 seconds to convince everyone she was engaged in her performance. In terms of dancing ability, by far the best we've seen since 2008 was the BBMA this year.

It's hard to put a finger on a single factor that's made her performance level drop so much - it's probably a myriad of things. Her dancing is obviously nowhere near as technically good as it used to be; she's often stiff, slow, lacks energy and she often doesn't follow through with each move. It always seems to me nowadays that rather than devoting her energy to the moves she's performing, she's spending the whole time thinking only about what her next move is. She seems unable to look into the crowd for more than half a second without making an exaggerated facial expression. She seems deathly afraid of looking into any cameras. Her stage presence has severely diminished, so much so that I was paying more attention to the Exhale comment last night than the performances. I'm no longer excited and eager to see the next move she's going to kill on-stage; rather, I'm just watching her go through the motions as she did in rehearsals.

:bow:

Archived