The lip syncing issue...

MissSpearsSaysSo

• Super Mods
Just now, Hamper said:

Times have changed. The GP isn't here for someone who lip-syncs to CD vocals. She needs to at least pre-record them.

Tbh, and so many fans here don't get it!!!! "Britney will be Britney, she has nothing to prove 20 years into her career, she'll continue doing things her way, etc." And that's true in one sense.

Everyone knows Britney lip syncs, and she has been dragged by the GP and a growing amount in her fanbase for it for years no matter how spectacular or innovative or on-point her performances have been. Despite this criticism, Britney moved forward in her career and fans let the lipsyncing criticism slide by since they will always support her as a performer or say that the vocal delivery isn't the primary thing they look for in her performances.

I just think it's gotten to a point where it's blatantly obvious that she's lipping. Not like it wasn't totally obvious before, but it's blantantly apparent that the vocals aren't pre-recorded live and straight from the album and she messes up on some of the lyrics/vocals on the track (sometimes, not all the time).

Fans can excuse it with whatever they want (and they do) but the GP like you said just isn't here for that anymore. And when we complain about how the GP doesn't appreciate her legacy as a performer or doesn't like a particular performance or a critic is particularly negative, fans don't understand that critics take issue with the lip syncing differently now than they used to and don't excuse it like we've always done. It's almost like we're buying into our own delusion at this point.

But hey, it is what it is. I can't stand fans who don't understand that some constructive criticism the GP has toward Britney is actually valid. When fans are oblivious to where the GP shade/criticism comes from, it makes us look bad! But whatever, people are going to say I'm not a fan now for expressing this!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i agree.

and people saying "but she never did, get over it" are either delusional, in denial or just new to this fanbase.

original stans from back in the day (like me) still very much remember the days when britney DID sing live every once in a while. her voice is one of the MAIN reasons why i stan for her.

in fact, i could do without all the dancing if she just sat on a stool and sang.

no one's asking her to do a 90 min show live, but 1 actual live performance a year isn't too much too ask for, sorry. last time i heard my fav sing a full song live was in ******* 2004. i wanna cry.

On 25.9.2016 at 7:24 PM, Glory(Hole) said:

Yall say yall want her to sing live but do you guys really want that? I'm sorry but so many of her songs are so overproduced to the point where it becomes almost impossible for someone like her to recreate it live.

No shade but Britney's voice has taken such a dive. Her pre-recorded "baby one more time" track from her FF tour even has points where they added in the original vocals for certain notes because she simply can't reach em anymore.

Her voice has deteriorated so much. She has a very hard time staying in tune. Her technique is terrible and if she can barely deliver in the studio,what makes you think she'll be able to stay in tune while moving/dancing around?

It's just not going to happen. She is a studio singer.

She sounds great on Glory but she is going to need to focus heavily on her voice to get back on track and we can clearly see that Britney is content with lip-syncing for her life on stage

(she can barely be bothered to even lipsynch at times ie: I Wanna Go in POM :gimmemoar:)

When she's dancing, she can dance, but I want her to sing during ballads:idkney: Just one song! It would be perfect if she just "I just want to slow things down a little bit with a song from my new album Glory, called Just luv me". The vocals on that song aren't even hard, she could do it!

39 minutes ago, Hamper said:

Times have changed. The GP isn't here for someone who lip-syncs to CD vocals. She needs to at least pre-record them.
This is why the GP doesn't take her seriously anymore and it is affecting her on the radios and her sales.

That does not make any sense :nyheadache:. Look at Gaga. Recently she was praised left and right for performing excellent LIVE vocals for the Sound of Music soundtrack etc. Yet she is now flopping with PI :nothavingit:

Lip-syncs has NOTHING to do with sales and radio support :tiffanynod:. She does not sell as well because the current music buyers demographic are not connected with her. This is probably due to the lack of promotion pre-Glory era :verycool:

6 minutes ago, Blackout Fan said:

Since she is fit and dance again, we need something to complain about.

The tea is scorching hot sis:queenflopga:

100% agree. But I'm not asking a full live show. It's not possible (Look at Katy Perry singing Roar without backtrack... She didn't dance and she's a great singer but it sucked). But she needs to sing live the ballads and mid tempo songs, and sing live but with a backtrack the other songs. It's really embarassing when she makes playback with a 15 years old track... I'm so done with that ****.

I don't know if it's 100% live but her promo performances in Japan for Womanizer (Live + playback on the chorus) was amazing.

Britney doesn't sing live because she can't.

I don't understand why fans seem to think she can. I love Britney but you can tell how weak and damaged her voice is. In a recording studio, they can take the best take, she can sing one line at a time. I truly doubt capable of singing an entire song live. If that bothers you, and it is fine & understandable if it does, then you should honestly move on.

EDIT: If she sang live, the GP would crucify her. I'm all for pre-recorded vocals though!

On Sunday, September 25, 2016 at 2:14 PM, LilyRoseAllen said:

I totally agree. But I think pre recorded vocals would be a huge step. It's not even hard to do. I don't get the reason why they haven't done this her entire career. Everyone's doing this! Maybe she doesn't wanna take time to do that.:nothavingit:

44 minutes ago, justkeepdoingit said:

i agree.

and people saying "but she never did, get over it" are either delusional, in denial or just new to this fanbase.

original stans from back in the day (like me) still very much remember the days when britney DID sing live every once in a while. her voice is one of the MAIN reasons why i stan for her.

in fact, i could do without all the dancing if she just sat on a stool and sang.

no one's asking her to do a 90 min show live, but 1 actual live performance a year isn't too much too ask for, sorry. last time i heard my fav sing a full song live was in ******* 2004. i wanna cry.

:otears: true true true

34 minutes ago, theraspberry said:

Britney doesn't sing live because she can't.

I don't understand why fans seem to think she can. I love Britney but you can tell how weak and damaged her voice is. In a recording studio, they can take the best take, she can sing one line at a time. I truly doubt capable of singing an entire song live. If that bothers you, and it is fine & understandable if it does, then you should honestly move on.

EDIT: If she sang live, the GP would crucify her. I'm all for pre-recorded vocals though!

Then she should stop. Plain and simple. She can't dance like she used to and if she can't sing live anymore... what is she getting on stage for? Why does she do Piece of Me? She should have some dignity and step down.. she's made her money. There's no point in dragging it on if she can't sing. I know we don't want her to go, but to be honest id rather she bow down while she still has some kind of respect left, because with every performance she further 'proves' what everybody thinks: she doesn't have any talent. 

By the way, I disagree...she could sing a ballad live if she rehearsed and warmed up properly. 

1 minute ago, saicis said:

Then she should stop. Plain and simple. She can't dance like she used to and if she can't sing live anymore... what is she getting on stage for? Why does she do Piece of Me? She should have some dignity and step down.. she's made her money. There's no point in dragging it on if she can't sing. I know we don't want her to go, but to be honest id rather she bow down while she still has some kind of respect left, because with every performance she further 'proves' what everybody thinks: she doesn't have any talent. 

By the way, I disagree...she could sing a ballad live if she rehearsed and warmed up properly. 

Sure! I still like watching her, personally, but I see your point.

I really think she has permanent damage on her chords from poor technique and straining all through her prime. Watch some of her live performances, you can visibly see she is "reaching" for higher notes and pushing her larynx up - dangerous for singers. OHT live performances of Shadow and Everytime were brutal at parts. Some fans love those performances, but the GP is not here for that and would drag her worse than lip syncing. It would be a "See! This is why she lip syncs, proves she has no talent!!!!"

Something like Just Love Me is pretty simple, almost speak-singing, and she might be able to do it. Idk, I still think she'd wobble and crack. You can hear her wobble even on Glory. I'm not saying this to be mean, it's just true.

1 minute ago, theraspberry said:

Sure! I still like watching her, personally, but I see your point.

I really think she has permanent damage on her chords from poor technique and straining all through her prime. Watch some of her live performances, you can visibly see she is "reaching" for higher notes and pushing her larynx up - dangerous for singers. OHT live performances of Shadow and Everytime were brutal at parts. Some fans love those performances, but the GP is not here for that and would drag her worse than lip syncing. It would be a "See! This is why she lip syncs, proves she has no talent!!!!"

Something like Just Love Me is pretty simple, almost speak-singing, and she might be able to do it. Idk, I still think she'd wobble and crack. You can hear her wobble even on Glory. I'm not saying this to be mean, it's just true.

I understand, but then why does she record songs she can't reproduce live? She needs to record songs in her range.

I think there are plenty of songs on Glory she could sing live, even fast ones: slumber party is easy, make me as well (at least the verses), just love me, love me down... 

11 hours ago, saicis said:

You feel how I do.

Im not asking for Britney to magically start belting like Adele or even go back to backflipping on stage like she used to. I'm not asking her to sing everything live...but the slow parts and the ballads yes. There's no excuse to lip sync Make Me, or the verses of Toxic or Work ***** (which is just speaking).

The dancing she now does is really really weak and flimsy..it's just arm movements and hair flips. So when she's on stage you gotta ask yourself, what is she doing? She isn't singing and she's barely dancing? And we're supposed to bow down because she has pig tails in and looks good...sorry but NO!

I have been a fan since I was 11 and i'm now 30. Doesn't she realise her fans are in their 30s too? They've grown up? We're not stupid and we expect more from someone who has been doing this for nearly 20 years. 

It's funny how some of you say 'go and stan for someone else'. You don't choose who you like. At this point I only really check for Britney. I don't need to check for anyone else because they're all over the media anyway. We get angry because we care, not because we are haters. 

2 hours ago, justkeepdoingit said:

i agree.

She sang live not a girl at Sanremo festival in italy. I remember watching it live. I was soooo proud of her. 

Archived