The lip syncing issue...

MissSpearsSaysSo

I had posted this as a comment in another thread, but I believe this is important and I know a lot of other fans will agree. Give it a read and look at the situation.

She needs to sing live, plain and simple. There's no reason why she can't dance the fairly simple routines she's been doing and sing live at the same time. It's  unacceptable and it just makes her look ridiculous and silly on stage. Minimal effort on her part, and it's a shame that she won't perform her songs live, because she could be REALLY AMAZING. Im cool with her dancing routines and energy, but the constant lip-synching is killing any chance she has of further success. If she continues the way she's going, she won't have anything left but looking cute, hair flips, and twirling around on stage, and frankly that's all she's doing now and it's not cutting it anymore. Forget the pre-recorded vocals bullshit, because that's just as bad. If she were any other singer out there, we would be tearing her down for not performing live, so I'm done making excuses for her. I don't want "the old Britney" back, but I'd like Britney to show some passion for actually singing during her performances.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Britney to death x infinity and I always will. I've been a fan since I was a little kid in 1998, but although I'm greatly enjoying what she's doing with POM, Glory and all of the promo, I feel like she has to offer a bit more in terms of being a serious singing artist. She's the ******* queen and always will be, but until she does it live, completely live and no excuses, I can't and will not take her seriously as a singing artist, regardless of how she sounds on the CD.

Not being delusional or a hater, or whatever. I just want Britney to really shine and do what she intended on doing when she was a little girl, and looked up to Whitney and Janet. She had dreams of being a great singer, and I don't want her to lose that. That's all. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just make this distinction: recording artist =/= singer. 

i stan britney because i care about attitude, swag, energy, dancing. it's like a modern burlesque (no pun). 

never cared about live vocals. i understand people who are bothered by it, and im not saying that it shouldnt. 

but after all this time, it clear she wont sing live. it would be better to move on that constantly set your expectations high, only for them to be crushed.

just my 2 cents. :idkney:

3 hours ago, radar89 said:

Why does singing live suddenly required for Britney whose iconic performances had minimal singing live in the first place, nitpicking ho? :arianabye:  

Because those iconic performances used to have amazing and complex choreo and OP is talking about the "fairly simple routines she's been doing"

output_xhwMBM.gif.abfe92992f78e089087886

9 minutes ago, radar89 said:

Why does singing live suddenly required for Britney whose iconic performances had minimal singing live in the first place, nitpicking ho? :arianabye:  

Live singing should have always been a requirement. Live performances should be just that, LIVE. I've always hated that she lips, because honestly, she's cheating her fans. We all know that's she's better than that. 

11 minutes ago, nevermind said:

i just make this distinction: recording artist =/= singer. 

i stan britney because i care about attitude, swag, energy, dancing. it's like a modern burlesque (no pun). 

never cared about live vocals. i understand people who are bothered by it, and im not saying that it shouldnt. 

but after all this time, it clear she wont sing live. it would be better to move on that constantly set your expectations high, only for them to be crushed.

just my 2 cents. :idkney:

And that's totally cool with me. Not all recording artists are singers. No issue there. She just needs to do something to step it up though. 

6 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Not being delusional or a hater, or whatever. I just want Britney to really shine and do what she intended on doing when she was a little girl, and looked up to Whitney and Janet. She had dreams of being a great singer, and I don't want her to lose that. That's all. 

This. She came in as a powerhouse equal to baby adele and xtina

hecjk, she auditioned for jive with "I have nothing" has she forgotten how ward it was? How she was on star search or sang Silent night?

Britney, or Larry "it didnt" work Rudolph, if u ever read this. Smack Britney in the face with a salmon and make her realize that she always has had talent naturally, get her a vocal coach, build her confidence, and AGAIN WITH HER ACTUAL VOICE. Also, a better choreographer

she platys the piano? Have THAT live at POM.

Something! Make Britney see why she even wanted to sing, make her listen to her earlier voice, ignite the spark in her. It's Britney, bot some new and upcoming artist... That's all

3 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Live singing should have always been a requirement. Live performances should be just that, LIVE. I've always hated that she lips, because honestly, she's cheating her fans. We all know that's she's better than that. 

Then why be a fan for someone whose whole life has been famous with lipping her song :nyheadache: Log out you dont make any sense :arianabye:

1 minute ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

And that's totally cool with me. Not all recording artists are singers. No issue there. She just needs to do something to step it up though. 

if you ask me, she stepped up big time since ff (justa few years ago). again, if it is good enough for me, doesnt have to mean it is for someone else but hey. opinions.

Yall say yall want her to sing live but do you guys really want that? I'm sorry but so many of her songs are so overproduced to the point where it becomes almost impossible for someone like her to recreate it live.

No shade but Britney's voice has taken such a dive. Her pre-recorded "baby one more time" track from her FF tour even has points where they added in the original vocals for certain notes because she simply can't reach em anymore.

Her voice has deteriorated so much. She has a very hard time staying in tune. Her technique is terrible and if she can barely deliver in the studio,what makes you think she'll be able to stay in tune while moving/dancing around?

It's just not going to happen. She is a studio singer.

She sounds great on Glory but she is going to need to focus heavily on her voice to get back on track and we can clearly see that Britney is content with lip-syncing for her life on stage

(she can barely be bothered to even lipsynch at times ie: I Wanna Go in POM :gimmemoar:)

10 minutes ago, radar89 said:

Then why be a fan for someone whose whole life has been famous with lipping her song :nyheadache: Log out you dont make any sense :arianabye:

It makes perfect sense. Sorry if you just don't understand that. I love Britney, and I support her because I know she still has it in her to progress. I want her to be better because she's capable of doing you. 

Archived