Watch Britney Spears Perform At The iHeartRadio Music Festival

Jordan Miller

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

because just because she is singing to 1999 vocals doesnt make it fine or okay, its not and shes getting laughed at, and since her idiotic team is incapable of simply doing some pre recorded vocals, its us fans who gotta beg them to do so. 

Besides this wouldnt be the first time for her fanbase to correct mistakes made by her incapable team and manager, it wouldnt be the first era we are trying to save tbh

The fact remains though, while it is annoying and I anticipate prerecorded vocals for every new performance and keep my fingers crossed, it aint gonna happen. Ever. Ever ever ever. 

She will always lip and it will be the CD vocals. Again I know its annoying but there's no point in being negative about it because it wont stop.

1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

but she does sound like 1999ney even to this day, the few times she sang at the carpool karaoke she sounded literally like the cd

I agree the VMA performance should've stayed at the VMA's. It's as if she performed with the snake somewhere else, it removes the "iconic" status from it. Or how she recycled the PG outfit from BBMA for POM show.

The Missy Elliot medley should've not been there. But I don't see it as promoting Vegas, she was promoting Britney Spears. People don't even know the POM performances.

I agree about having more Glory tracks would've been ideal, but I guess she's just trying to give priority to the singles :rihclap:

ok your first sentence is kind of true, you're right she did sound almost the same, but during POM they ******* CHIPMUNKED her vocals to even a higher pitch, i mean wtf is wrong with them? when will this stop? :orangu: 

5 hours ago, iZacaree said:

WHY did she completely repeat the VMA performance, though? Like... literally, she repeated it word for word, motion for motion?

She also kind of repeated BBMA too?

I was expecting something different, but she basically just performed the BBMA's, VMA's, and POM over again. The only thing different was her outfit - and I must say her outfit was KILLER. I LOVED IT! That was probably my favorite part of the whole performance. Do other artists repeat award show performances at other televised music events? I just.... ugh. I was prepared to be slayed by something new, different (in the eternal words of Britney), and FRESH. But this was just the same old stuff - literally, EXACTLY the same.

She always did it, her VMA slave perfomance was the same as NRJ award, BBMA and DWAD tour but without snake obviously...Toxic promo perfomances were all the same...only tour perfomance was different 
she did Boys/Slave medley a lot of times in ITZ promotion tour...

1 minute ago, JoeBitch! said:

The fact remains though, while it is annoying and I anticipate prerecorded vocals for every new performance and keep my fingers crossed, it aint gonna happen. Ever. Ever ever ever. 

She will always lip and it will be the CD vocals. Again I know its annoying but there's no point in being negative about it because it wont stop.

i agree with you somewhat, but i think we should still try and make the pre recorded happen, and i dont really consider it negativity, just a con of her performances, it takes away so much from it tbh

She isn't allowed to perform another songs that aren't in POM? The opportunity to promote Glory and she goes Missy, Stronger. and Crazy. :gloria:

I can't. And lipsynch couldn;t be more obvious, why all her team is so unprofessional come on :flop:

And I can see knee tapping find itself a place :hahaha:

The performance was GREAT and I think it will be ICONIC.

I agree with your points, but the good part is much bigger.

Anyway, to Apple I prefer less G-Eazy and more Britney in Make Me (I really like the remix, but it is so fifty-fifty), more 2 or 3 songs from Glory (it could be a medley at least) and new vocals (90's vocals were the real "problem" last night, the rest was awesome to that short festival).

15 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

First I'll start by saying this, THANK YOU Britney for giving us all this promo and performances we didnt have in the last 6 years, you're truly a grace from the heavens, we would have never expected to have this much promo in an era EVER, and to think shes not even done yet,and that theres more to come makes me feel very happy.

Let me start by listing the awesome things from the performance:

-Her outfit was AH-MAZING, I loved it tbh it looked so good on her and flaunted her body in a perfect way

-She looked GORGEOUS and VERY relaxed, she wasnt counting every single step she was doing, i caught a glimpse of that primeney

-For the first half her energy was INSANE, she was very much into it and very energetic, it made the show look amazing just like her :queenflopga: 

-The entrance was EPIC, how she walked like a ******* BOOS from the crowd to stage, i was slayed into ******* pieces, gimme life queen:pumped:

And now for the parts I wasn't impressed by very much :ipass: :

-She lypsinched to her 1999 vocals again, why do they keep insisting on doing this? She is not 16 therefore she doesnt sound 16 anymore, its physically impossible, her team needs to get a grip.

-Why is she promoting POM instead of her album? She sang two songs from Glory and thats it, she needs to let people know her album is out there

-Really team Britney? A missy elliot tribute? On a festival where Britney is taking the stage? REALLY?!

-And a recycled vma Make Me performance :gloria: is it that hard to come up with something new?

In the end i dont know how to feel tbh, some parts were so good i was left in awe, and some parts were just lackluster and not on Britneys level. However I do enjoy it and imma rewatch it for the 5th time now, sle bitchez:drinky:

no matter what the others say i feel just like you bro

I loved it! I'm glad her confidence is back!

If only she pre-record her vocals that would be awesome! :crying1:

And BTW, the show was not pre-recorded (like so many here believed it will be:sofedup:), the entrance hat gave me serious Cheryl's Fight For This Love teas, the outfit was great!

They should give her more time to speak to audience...

Okay at first I was like "why is she wearing an embezzled 3 outfit?"

Image result for britney 3 outfit

Second opinion "why is she wearing similar Work ***** shorts?" But check me if I'm reaching with that one...

Anyway after this first opinion I BEGGED Godney for forgiveness because she really did slay me with this... I actually found a few moments quite funny and I know it's a serious performance but I found myself laughing at the start of DYWCO, it just seemed funny watching her have a good time and I love that she was having so much fun with this performance. Second time I laughed was when she was out in the circle stage and pushed the guy like I SCREAMED at that, she cremated his ***, and I actually thought I heard the crowd laughing a little bit like that was a funny moment. 

So in this moment that I was laughing I had a epiphany, I thought "Britney is the best entertainer I can think of". There's just something about her, she can really capture a crowd better than anyone and she might be just walking down the centre stage and the entire audience would be so entertained by just that. She really was born to do this. 

That's what I got from this performance, so obviously I was slayed and so happy to see her performing for that long and maintaining so much energy, even skipping off at the end like that was nothing. 

It also made me think that this is not the last we will see of Britney and she wont retire for a very long time because this is her career and she loves what she does. 

And I also realized that Britney seems more involved in her performing now and doing it with the passion and zest that she had in her early career. Like she always had it but it wasn't showing as much but now it is starting to become a focal point in her performances again and she loves performing. 

Am I disappointed, no. I'm just so proud of her. She's coming back and this is definitely the beggining of her resurgence. 

Edit: And I forgot to mention all the remixes of the songs were amazing, I need to them in my life. So urban and fresh sounding! 

Archived