Delusional Larry "She still appeals to a younger demographic."

blue.monopoly

I understand, but what is he supposed to say, really? Oh, my client Britney Spears is not really appealing to younger public? Or when you ppl attack him bc he hypes her albums a lot eventhough some of them turn to **** later (BJ). Like that's his job, he's not gonna go around and say: "You know what, I think the new Britney material is very bad and is gonna flop hard."

I'm sure in reality he's aware of everything that's going on and the reception of her songs.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I guess, but I think she should focus on it a bit less on the next album.....I think a lot of people think that's all she's about and all she does.....she needs to show people that she's capable of more......B10 needs to be a more personal version of ITZ in a way, it has *** songs but they're personal *** songs/more mature *** songs and I think a lot of fans are still waiting on a REALLY personal album from her.

100%.

I used a word in my last post that I don't think I've ever mentioned here...authenticity.

Britney felt very authentic during the ITZ era. She still felt authentic during Blackout. The Circus era was somewhat less authentic, but I could get past it because I knew her Team was doing everything they could to reconstruct her image. But since then, she's felt very inauthentic to me. 

However...The music on Glory feels authentic to me. Britney is very "present" on it. But the marketing isn't meshing with the quality of the music. 

The only way the marketing is going to jive is if they allow her to help evolve the brand. Right now they seem stuck in the past, and very confused about where to go with it.

Britney is considered a pop radio format artist and that is why she appeals to a younger demographic. Larry's not delusional and this thread isn't going to help because they won't even come into a thread with over the top topic names. All your hating on Larry might let off steam but it doesn't hit the mark.

Britney isn't appealing to the young or her own age group. She's not cool enough for the young since radio isn't playing her. The DJ's are mostly in Britney's age group.  And now that Britney is recovering and putting herself out there older pop/HAC people are expecting her to be pre-breakdown Britney. That she's not, they see a broken Britney; One they feel sorry for. They think she's a bit crazy who has to work to support her family and staff; Britney would rather live in her fairy castle coloring adult coloring books and playing Barbies. They think she's being forced to work out and look hot and sell ***. Which I shake my head because it's very similar to how people thought of Britney when she first came out.

I'm not even joking. I did a small sampling Glory listen to see what people might like as the second single. And I got a chunk of that. They thought "Man on the Moon" was too little girl for someone Britney's age but that it really showcased Britney's young mental state. They thought "Slumber Party" was the best song I played them but they were saying that Britney was like MJ and just wanted to have friends and play not be singing about the *** in the song.

I really don't know the answer. None of them mentioned the Conservatorship but It's probably not helping her image at this point. Britney singing live is the thing that will help her the most. Will Britney be able to hold off her Anxiety enough to do that? Maybe not now but they could at least start having her sing on her Instagram.

I'm a 21 year old woman and have loved Britney since I was about 5 years old, so basically since the beginning. Unfortunately, people my age and younger don't really consider Britney or even know she still makes music. I am one of two people I know who are fans of Britney, the other person being a gay guy who goes to my college. 

Britney wanted to leave the spotlight amd that's exactly what has occured over the past decade. 

I think a total image overhaul is needed. Whenever B10 comes, she should go brunette and switch her style up, and come out with an album that shows her artistry beyond the topic of *** (not that she should never sing about it again, but instead add more ideas to the mix). People need to take her as seriously as we do. The blonde pop princess of the past is not the way to go. The image, as mentioned above, is not authentic anymore. 

11 hours ago, sunkissed said:

It really sucks tbh. :otears:

I saw two memes on IG that had Britney on it, multiple comments said "Who's she?" "Who's that girl?" 

I would've never thought to see the day that someone would ask who Britney Spears is.

I hope she rebounds. I have faith. 

Of course they know who she is. It's called shade

1 hour ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

But you know what? Older people don't dislike ***. They grew up with Britney being super provocative. That's what they've come to expect from her. 

For example, when I saw the original MM video I was so happy, because that's the Britney I grew up with -- provocative and smutty!

The same goes for Madonna, or even Cher. When I see them play it safe I have this "meh" reaction, but when I see the both of them wear revealing outfits and push the envelope I think, "Ah, that's the artist I grew up with and love." 

So yes, I do think Britney needs to focus on the artistry in her music to give her credibility...but I don't think she needs to shy away from *** whatsoever. It's just an assumption by younger people that older people don't like ***, and just an opinion by younger people that older people should tone it down and dress frumpy. Older people like *** in their music just as much as younger people...as long as it's genuine and authentic.

I agree. And all you teeny-boppers saying you're 14 and you're a Britney fan – y'all are the exception, not the rule.

The fact that Team Britney went with a traditional album roll out speaks to how out of touch they are. I agree that pop fans want to be in the know, but look how well it works when they're kept in the dark. I think more specifically, die-hard fans like the Britney Army want to be in the know, but what suits us doesn't suit the general public and won't result in a no. 1 album debut.

But that's not what's important to Britney or her team these days.

17 hours ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

She really needs to pull a Celine right now. 

Celine hired Zendaya's stylist (I'm old, I have no idea who that is) and just LOOK at her. Celine has never looked better and she suddenly seems cool, even though she's way older than Britney.

070616-celine-dion-street-style-LEAD.jpg

The wardrobe on Ellen, her outfits for the red carpet have been ok this era. It's the costumes on stage during televised performances, the album booklet and such that needs an overhaul.

Why is Marco Marco even a go to option for her team? She has to compete with the Beyonce's and Rihanna's of the world. Then they shove her out on tv & she gets dragged for being outdated. Bring her better options.

Better yet hire Mel Ottenberg who can pull it all together and get a theme going for the televised performances, the album booklets, the videos. That's what's missing. Other pop stars have a look throughout an era. Her team just relies on magazines to style her for shoots and for everything else they freelance from project to project.

18 hours ago, lirebelde said:

Britney is an artist with 18 years career but honestly i have been surprised that britney still has many teens fans here in exhale there are several who are teens, the problem is her marketing imagen that is dated they keep treating  to sell her  like if were 2008, britney not only needs tweets and social media interaction , she needs PAYOLA on radio and pay streaming sites to include her in several playlist for gain listener and streams like the most top teams does now.

not only that, but SHE NEEDS A WHOLE NEW CREATIVE TEAM and SOCIAL MEDIA TEAM with her. i mean... her image thought general public needs a serious revamp to become appealing again. she is looking great, she is dancing great, she is doing good music... that's all she needs now. 

5 minutes ago, Maryy said:

not only that, but SHE NEEDS A WHOLE NEW CREATIVE TEAM and SOCIAL MEDIA TEAM with her. i mean... her image thought general public needs a serious revamp to become appealing again. she is looking great, she is dancing great, she is doing good music... that's all she needs now. 

:angietea:

7 hours ago, TheCharmedTributes1 said:

I understand, but what is he supposed to say, really? Oh, my client Britney Spears is not really appealing to younger public? Or when you ppl attack him bc he hypes her albums a lot eventhough some of them turn to **** later (BJ). Like that's his job, he's not gonna go around and say: "You know what, I think the new Britney material is very bad and is gonna flop hard."

I'm sure in reality he's aware of everything that's going on and the reception of her songs.

Sometimes managers say things to save face that is true but he volunteered this quote. It didn't seem prompted by a specific question.

Ultimately if he's so in on it & aware why have her visuals been lacking since the Circus era? Why do they keep going back & hiring people like Marco Marco and Randee St. Nicholas?

Why don't they have a team of people looking through tumblr & online for looks and performance ideas like Beyonce and Rihanna do?

They're never going to fire themselves but Larry and that lady Robin lack an artistic vision to keep her current and competitive. They need to hire high quality creative people to come on board and help them.

:sofedup:

Archived