I just can't believe Britney singing a persian word

PieceofBritney

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Leo. said:

Well hiii I'm actually persian... :ohnoney:but sitar is an international word... persian roots ? Yes

But too bad they consider the instrument indie :angietea:

The word is hindi and urdu, but it comes from persian, and I already know the instrument is not persian. I wasn't talking about the instrument, I was talking about the words and if you google it you will see it "originally" comes from Persian. I don't get how you are persian and not getting my point because it's basically two farsi words put together. lol 

The Hindi and Urdu word sitar originally derives from Persian seh + tar, literally meaning "three strings."[2

4 minutes ago, PieceofBritney said:

The name is international, but the word is farsi, and I already know the instrument is not persian. I wasn't talking about the instrument, I was talking about the words and if you google it you will see it "originally" comes from Persian. I don't get how you are persian and not getting my point because it's basically two farsi words put together. lol 

Yeah right i get ur point :) as i said "persian roots"

7 minutes ago, Leo. said:

And "3 notes so far" since sitar has three strings :carpoolney:

Except the sitars I saw didn't have three though. Have you seen a sitar with three strings?

A sitar can have 18, 19, 20, or 21 strings. Six or seven of these are played strings which run over curved, raised frets, and the remainder are sympathetic strings (tarb, also known as taarif or tarafdaar) which run underneath the frets and resonate in sympathy with the played strings.

1 minute ago, PieceofBritney said:

Except the sitars I saw didn't have three though. Have you seen a sitar before? lol

A sitar can have 18, 19, 20, or 21 strings. Six or seven of these are played strings which run over curved, raised frets, and the remainder are sympathetic strings (tarb, also known as taarif or tarafdaar) which run underneath the frets and resonate in sympathy with the played strings.

The "setar" we have in Iran have 3 strings... flop hindis copied the wrong word then i guess :wannadie:

Archived