Britney's Promotion Should Be Synchronized With Her Releases

telluwhat

Britney's Promotion is out of place. The promotions are done too late. 

Make Me was promoted after a month of release and was promoted only once:shameless:

During the release week of the album she shud have been all over the place....... Jimmy kimmel, jimmy fallon etc

Doing Q&A session on twitter!!!! And answering the most irravalent questions picked by her management :nothavingit:

2nd Single shud be promoted since the very moment it is announced by Announcing "Britney Fired Her Management":embarrassney:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And all this promo hasn't even been about the album. It's great to see her everywhere and such, but wouldn't it make more sense to go to a TV show, and perform at least 3 or 4 tracks from the album, instead of just doing sketches and doing q&a?

The Today appearance was the closest to it, but what was that even? She just performed there, they barely mentioned the new album, and then the "interview" at the water park or whatever, which was funny and stuff, but where is she actually promoting Glory? I remember there was an interview a few months ago, where she said something similar to "I wish I could talk more about the album" but it was too soon. And now I'm like, well, the album is out, "her baby" shouldn't she be talking about the whole process and explaining each track, and being so proud to finally show the world what she's been cooking for almost 3 years? With Britney Jean at least we got that thing with Ryan Seacrest and will.i.am.

I see her team trying, I know they are :howiroll:, with all these appearances and magazines, and radio interviews, etc, but it seems like, suddenly they have no idea how to do things properly. They think it's just about putting Britney there, on Ellen, on the VMA's, on a magazine. I mean, of course, but they need a strategy, an objective, it's not just being there and that's it, what are they promoting? What are they expecting to achieve with each appearance, interview, magazine, performance?

If you put it on paper, it sounds amazing, everything we've always wanted for years: BBMA performance, VMA performance, Ellen, Jimmy Kimmel, radio tour, magazines, q&a's, but, do things really look a amazing after all that? do we actually feel that amazing right now? We still have the iheart radio and apple festival to come but, at this point I'm not expecting anything anymore. With Britney Jean I didn't feel that bad, because first of all, the interviews she gave, she talked so much more about the album, and because we got the Vegas excuse, they were focusing on something else but the album. OK, but right now, it's not the case, they're really trying to push the album, to make it happen, but they're doing it all wrong, and it pisses me, because it's an amazing album, and deserves all the success and recognition.

At the end I wouldn't give a damn, if I knew that no matter if it sells 3 more copies, they'll release at least 5 singles for sure, but knowing how they are, if things keep like this, we'll be lucky if we get a third single at all.

Yes. The trend this era seems to be...leak - official release - promo.

Also there have been so many missed opportunities in terms of actually promoting the album - VMAs, Carpool Karaoke, Ellen. It makes me wonder if their goal isn't to promote the actual music but rather to promote, Britney? To me the two should be synonymous yet looking back on it, the promo has mainly been fun and goofy but not really centered around the music. She performed 2 songs on the Today Show but the majority of the interview segment was her flow-riding with the kids at PH...again, fun and cute but, not really bringing attention to the album. It's almost as if they're basing the promo on a, "likeability = sales" formula.

Promo for the album should've started the Monday before it was released instead of doing most of the promo after the album was actually out and the JK thing should've been saved for the album week or this week if they had planned on waiting till now to promote MM anyway. 

33 minutes ago, Zulu Spears said:

Also there have been so many missed opportunities in terms of actually promoting the album - VMAs, Carpool Karaoke, Ellen. It makes me wonder if their focus isn't to promote the actual music but rather to promote Britney? To me the two should be synonymous but looking back on it, the promo has mainly been fun and goofy but not really centered around the music. She performed 2 songs on the Today show but the majority of the interview segment was her flow-riding with the kids at PH...again, fun and cute but not really bringing attention to the album. It's almost as if their basing the promo on a, "likeability = sales" formula.

I think they're honestly just trying to get Britney back into the swing of things tbh because she hasn't really done much promo since 2011, so they're finding fun things for her to do as a opposed to being like ok go sit and talk about the album........she should do more performances but I'm guessing because they have her doing iHeart and Apple Music Fest they're not pressuring her to perform either. I think the Glory era is about kinda of a stepping stone sort of era where they're like easing her into really the full swing of fame again and she/they are still figuring out who she wants to be at this point of her career. I mean the era has already been more successful than the BJ era which is good any improvement is good because at this stage in her career it's easy to just continue to go down once it starts.....look at poor Mariah. 

1 hour ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Promo for the album should've started the Monday before it was released instead of doing most of the promo after the album was actually out and the JK thing should've been saved for the album week or this week if they had planned on waiting till now to promote MM anyway. 

I think they're honestly just trying to get Britney back into the swing of things tbh because she hasn't really done much promo since 2011, so they're finding fun things for her to do as a opposed to being like ok go sit and talk about the album........she should do more performances but I'm guessing because they have her doing iHeart and Apple Music Fest they're not pressuring her to perform either. I think the Glory era is about kinda of a stepping stone sort of era where they're like easing her into really the full swing of fame again and she/they are still figuring out who she wants to be at this point of her career. I mean the era has already been more successful than the BJ era which is good any improvement is good because at this stage in her career it's easy to just continue to go down once it starts.....look at poor Mariah. 

She did do a bit of promo for both BJ and for Intimate Britney Spears so its not as if she hasn't done any promo since 2011. Also, unless she is planning a huge world tour for Glory, I honestly see no reason why she would need to be eased back into promo so to speak. My thinking is that after the BJ/ She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named and PG fiascoes this era is more aimed at getting the GP, as well as fans who jumped ship, back on board with Britney via an appeal to her personality and icon status, rather than via her new music. It's basically all about damage control which is kind of a pity because Glory is her most well-received/ critically acclaimed album since Blackout and it deserves more recognition.

24 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I agree with this. And i'm also fine with it.

It's true that the promo doesn't really make sense, but considering she could have just stopped making music altogether after 2007 I'm just glad she still doing it.

If she needs more time to get into these type of things again, she should take that time without nobody bashing her for it.

We can all talk about this as much as we want, but in the end it's HER well-being on the line. I rather her be happy and healthy then stress herself to death to make everybody happy and have another breakdown. 

I'm just enjoying the music as a fan and I don't care about charts or success. 

I'm just proud and happy for her! :kisses2all:

10 hours ago, Zulu Spears said:

Also there have been so many missed opportunities in terms of actually promoting the album - VMAs, Carpool Karaoke, Ellen. It makes me wonder if their goal isn't to promote the actual music but rather to promote, Britney? To me the two should be synonymous yet looking back on it, the promo has mainly been fun and goofy but not really centered around the music. She performed 2 songs on the Today Show but the majority of the interview segment was her flow-riding with the kids at PH...again, fun and cute but, not really bringing attention to the album. It's almost as if they're basing the promo on a, "likeability = sales" formula.

Archived