Glory: A Non-Traditional Release

X445500

Hi y'all. It's been a week since Glory's official release and a weird thought hit me. Glory was released after only 1 single. As far as I can remember, Britney always released 2 songs prior to releasing her albums, but I wonder how Glory would have done if she released a second single and no promotional tracks. 

Thoughts? 

Concerns?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Spearsfan said:

It saved FF though.

HIAM did good but fell fast and a lot ppl did complain about it. Ttwe made the complainers happy and brought in a lot of ppl to listen to FF. 

well I wasn't judging any of the methods, I was just stating the fact :) 
but it's true what you say, I think they should've done the same with Glory, nowadays this "2 singles then album" somehow works better. :boredashell:

12 minutes ago, Mani911 said:

it's not non-traditional, it's oldschool. that's how things were at the begining of the 00's. 

Well that was in 2000s 

were 16 years past that. 

I think Glory could've benefitted from another single and MV 

but it's done and it's still flawless 

:feelingmyself:

5 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

It saved FF though.

HIAM did good but fell fast and a lot ppl did complain about it. Ttwe made the complainers happy and brought in a lot of ppl to listen to FF. 

Exactly. TTWE slayed the GP 

:) 

11 minutes ago, Mani911 said:

it's not non-traditional, it's oldschool. that's how things were at the begining of the 00's. 

This also Britney's first four albums were released before a 2nd single was.

It was very common in the early and mid 2000's for artists to release only one single before an album came out. Now they usually release two. I think Glory might have done better at a push had she released two singles before hand, but the album still looks to be doing well so far.

I think it was supposed to come out in September, but they booked them VMA's and thought they could go #1 with the hype so they decided to release that weekend. They mustn't of known Beyonce was going right before her. 

A lot of things could've made us go #1 tbh

Origanal MM video

Released the Friday after VMA

Released a 2nd single and performed it and MM on the VMA's then release Glory in September with iHeartRadio and Apple Music festival

Release MM in May with BBMA, 2nd single in Summer, album and 3rd single in fall.

The only thing I won't complain about is promo. They booked a lot of the stuff we wanted: VMA, BBMA, Festivals, Radio interviews, Carpool Karaoke, Late Night Show(Jimmy Kimmel) and Ellen

But let's not worry about Glory. Lets focus on the other 9 albums she's going to release and how we can get them #1. I think she should perform B17 in space. 

4 minutes ago, Austin00chase said:

I think it was supposed to come out in September, but they booked them VMA's and thought they could go #1 with the hype so they decided to release that weekend. They mustn't of known Beyonce was going right before her. 

A lot of things could've made us go #1 tbh

Origanal MM video

Released the Friday after VMA

Released a 2nd single and performed it and MM on the VMA's then release Glory in September with iHeartRadio and Apple Music festival

Release MM in May with BBMA, 2nd single in Summer, album and 3rd single in fall.

The only thing I won't complain about is promo. They booked a lot of the stuff we wanted: VMA, BBMA, Festivals, Radio interviews, Carpool Karaoke, Late Night Show(Jimmy Kimmel) and Ellen

But let's not worry about Glory. Lets focus on the other 9 albums she's going to release and how we can get them #1. I think she should perform B17 in space. 

Lol not too worried about Glory. 

I'm just curious to see how things would've panned out if events happened differently. 

Also, can't wait for MOTM MV. 

:) 

On September 4, 2016 at 10:35 AM, Isla. said:

This also Britney's first four albums were released before a 2nd single was.

It was very common in the early and mid 2000's for artists to release only one single before an album came out. Now they usually release two. I think Glory might have done better at a push had she released two singles before hand, but the album still looks to be doing well so far.

I think single 2 or a bunch of songs and see what catches (so far slumber party, JLM, DYWTCO ? - like how Rihanna does) should be serviced to radio after iheart. I am glad they are putting up the performances on YouTube cause the sales might drop but they'll pick up again each time she slays on an uploaded video. 3rd single around xmas for the holiday spending, 4th and if there's a fifth whenever or viral hit like if I'm dancing

but i agree w u

Archived