AP? Britney talks about Track by Track (Glory) from Invitation till Clumsy

jokobish

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think she was pertaining to the "vibe" but not really copying or immitating it. She is a very humble person and if she really did get inspired by a younger person, there is no shame in admitting that. And I applaud her for being truthful and giving credit to Selena.

Britney is not insecure to other artists as she has already achieved so much. Yes, she may not be as critically acclaimed as other popstars but I think it does not faze her.

She is in a good place right now and I think what she wants to achieve is the freedom to try and do things her way. Which I believe she was able to do with Glory which is why it shows that she loves this album.

Also, I remember from before (if I'm notmistaken) that she also got inspired by Nelly Furtado's Maneater when she was creating Blackout. Both Blackout and Glory are great albums and being inspired by other artists does not lessen its greatness.

It is normal for artists to get inspired by works of other artists aswell.

Guest Brichney.
1 hour ago, CrAzAY said:

This really was annoying, cause some of us here were trying to steer people away from the Selena comparisons. Like help us out Brit, we try to defend you.

:sickofu:

She has NO ego. She's as clear as water, let her be. She's not like the others "oh, I'm inspired by Bob Dylan", no she keeps it real. The fact that she praised Selena and Ariana speaks volumes of her high self-esteem. 

2 minutes ago, timaeus said:

DID SHE JUST SAY MAN ON THE MOON WAS A HAPPY SONG.

She did ezgif-3645359357.gif.5e8ed4f2e142829aabc

Last night I was in your arms so strong
One small step and, baby, you were gone
Now there's meaning in the saddest songs
All I do is cry and sing along

Yup, happiest song ever :awkblink: Seriously tho I can see how this is a happy song, like, even though she feels like ****, she hasn't lost faith:

Put on a smile and I said to myself
Patience, darling, wait for the night
Darkness comes and love comes alive
I've been right here dreaming of you
Waiting for my man on the moon

Queen of hoping tbh. When I first listened to the song I felt the mix between the happy, tropical instrumental and the sad lyrics. MOTM is so good :sobbing:

Guest Brichney.
18 minutes ago, timaeus said:

DID SHE JUST SAY MAN ON THE MOON WAS A HAPPY SONG.

The melody. 

20 minutes ago, lirebelde said:

Britney is humility on another level people:blol:
Imagine beyonka saying that she has been inspired by all the artist that she has stolen samples, credits, etc.:weusay: especially those who aren't famous:janet: never:bey:

Like Keri Hilson? :queenflopga: 

1 hour ago, Archaeologist said:

This brings me back to the Revival vs. Confident wars. Clearly we have winner. :saycheese:

Both albums are so disappointing in different ways. Selena has no vocal ability and her songs are uninspired then demi can't pick a direction so she has half of the album with production heavy songs that are too loud and the other half sound like Disney movie soundtracks. 

Guest Brichney.
2 minutes ago, Tom's Diner said:

I think Invitation is inspired by Revival the song, and Kill em with kindness :idkney:

I love Selena's music. Eventhough she's talentless. 

1 hour ago, Curiousexhaler86 said:

She did ezgif-3645359357.gif.5e8ed4f2e142829aabc

Last night I was in your arms so strong
One small step and, baby, you were gone
Now there's meaning in the saddest songs
All I do is cry and sing along

Yup, happiest song ever :awkblink: Seriously tho I can see how this is a happy song, like, even though she feels like ****, she hasn't lost faith:

Put on a smile and I said to myself
Patience, darling, wait for the night
Darkness comes and love comes alive
I've been right here dreaming of you
Waiting for my man on the moon

Queen of hoping tbh. When I first listened to the song I felt the mix between the happy, tropical instrumental and the sad lyrics. MOTM is so good :sobbing:

I thought it was a happy song until my then BF told me to listen to the lyrics clearly.

MoTM is honestly, Lucky 2.0.  The lyrics are "Hidden" under a happy instrumental, like they're trying to mask their sadness. :)

Archived