Who Else Thinks That She Needs A New Choreographer

NewB

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, NewB said:

Andre was that choreographer too bad he's gone :(

I honestly agree with this.

The thing about Brian Friedman, the way I see his choreography now, it's like very robotic and sharp. It's not very ****. Britney is always able to make even the sharpest choreos look **** and simple. I looked at the Hold It Against Me and Till The World Ends choreo that Brian created for Britney - they don't feel like Britney. Something similar to the last chorus of HIAM would certainly fit Britney, but everything else feels weird.

Then we have Andre and the Circus era choreo - you can sense that Andre really understood Britney's body and her movements. I'm not sure who choreographed If U Seek Amy but Womanizer and Circus are okay. I just think that Britney's anxiety got the better of her whenever she's performing Womanizer because a lot of the sexiness felt awkward and forced.

1 hour ago, WootsWow said:

I disagree. The original MM choreo by charm is flawless. Britney herself destroyed the whole choreo with that awful knee tapping.:uknowit:

They refuse to ever blame Britney :hype:charm isn't the issue no one is questioning her dancing skills Britney doesn't have to concern herself with haters but she should concern herself with die hard fans who just wants to see her giving the best she has to offer...she can dance like before and charm puts her *** to work but she opts out and makes her dumb it down. 

45 minutes ago, laurelhenessy said:

My honest take is that Britney has a lot of input in the choreography, which is why she prefers to work with someone who will say yes to everything she wants to be put into the choreo.

I looked at Charm Ladonna's catalogue - it doesn't really say a lot. She has worked with Meghan Trainor mostly, a little bit of Pharell and Gwen Stefani --- none of these are good dancers, so I think she can come up with good choreo for backup dancers, but she's not sure how to handle a singer-dancer like Britney.

http://la.blocagency.com/talent/choreography/charm-ladonna#

Her choreo in general for anyone is kinda okay, but not spectacular.

Her choreo generally has no sense of rhythm or fluidity with the music which Make Me really is lacking atm

46 minutes ago, laurelhenessy said:

My honest take is that Britney has a lot of input in the choreography, which is why she prefers to work with someone who will say yes to everything she wants to be put into the choreo.

I looked at Charm Ladonna's catalogue - it doesn't really say a lot. She has worked with Meghan Trainor mostly, a little bit of Pharell and Gwen Stefani --- none of these are good dancers, so I think she can come up with good choreo for backup dancers, but she's not sure how to handle a singer-dancer like Britney.

http://la.blocagency.com/talent/choreography/charm-ladonna#

***** plz she brought back Danceney and choreographed her best show and best live tv performances  in a decade foh...the only person to be blamed is Britney charm did a great job with mm BRITNEY lazy *** wants knee taps

1 minute ago, mathewlovesbritney said:

Her choreo in general for anyone is kinda okay, but not spectacular.

Her choreo generally has no sense of rhythm or fluidity with the music which Make Me really is lacking atm

Breathe On Me in POM is very fluid. It's the most choreo we've had for that song. BOM in The Onyx Hotel Tour had to work more in terms of blocking, etc. while BOM in Circus is just an excuse to have some minimal fan interaction. 

The thing about BOM is the choreography is fluid. Make Me could have had such fluidity but it didn't. Make Me had a lot of unnecessary arm movements and hair flips that are more appropriate for songs like Private Show or Do You Wanna Come Over. I think the other thing is, there are some moments in the Make Me choreography where I felt like they are cramming too many arm movements in one or two counts. 

Britney can do basic choreo since she's a technical dancer, but Make Me has a really bad choreo. 

6 minutes ago, derick said:

***** plz she brought back Danceney and choreographed her best show and best live tv performances  in a decade foh...the only person to be blamed is Britney charm did a great job with mm BRITNEY lazy *** wants knee taps

That's what I'm saying. That Britney had a lot of input, and Charm accommodated what Britney felt comfortable doing. 

9 minutes ago, derick said:

..But the pretty girls choreo is tragic. Chase choreographed the Womanizer breakdown btw

BOM and TOMH are great though.. but everything else is quite mediocre esp MM

Archived