I'm afraid radio is boycotting Britney this era again

Don Juan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think at this point not depend of the army. Depends RCA put the money on the table. And Britney Team push to iHeartRadio and said, or you play Britney on your radio stations or we remove her from your festival. 

1 minute ago, Allmylife said:

It's ****** up considering she's an iheartradio festival headliner 

Exactly this is so frustrating. 

3 minutes ago, Allmylife said:

It's ****** up considering she's an iheartradio festival headliner 

They are testing her out once again and this is why MM isn't dropping like a rock on radio - it is holding steady.  By the time the Iheartradio festival comes around it should start gaining on radio once again.  The song might not peak until October which is 3 months after its rlease.

16 minutes ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

Radio never supported Britney

200.gif

Femme Fatale & Circus.

They stopped supporting after their perception of her changed. Her attitude during FF, Britney Jean flopping and her residency in Vegas made her lose her cool factor.

Work ***** only got to #13 because of S&S. They completely snubbed Perfume right after.

18 minutes ago, King Billy said:

It's no surprise. They've done it for years. 

Not really. The Circus and FF eras slayed radio-wise, plus 'S&S' was a smash (and we all know that wasn't because of will.i.cant since even Miley and Bieber couldn't get him hits).  Even 'WB' did pretty well all things considered.  

They're just hesitant to play a woman in her mid-30s, especially one with so much baggage, and it's only going to get worse.  Pop radio is notorious for being ****** and ageist.  Sad but true.

Archived