Why we don't need Love Me Down as Single #2

makeme16

First of all, I just want to say - Love Me Down is a decent song. It has a hook and a repetitive thrum which might attract the GP.

However, we definitely do not need it as the second single. Why? 

1. The GP already knows that Britney can do this urban dance style of music. It's nothing new, and doesn't advance the plot for her in terms of being an artist. Sure, it'll probably get some love, but in the end people will be like "can she do something new? So sick of her trying to appeal to the teens". 

2. It seems like something that would be produced if Rihanna and Fergie scissored. No no no - we don't need the public to be like "oh first she copied Selena Gomez, now she's copying Rihanna/Fergie?". She needs a fresh sound so that she's on the cutting edge, and people can easily identify it as something fresh (i.e Slumber Party, Invitation, Man on The Moon, What You Need).

Sorry Team Love Me Down, but Slumber Party all the way, all day (with Just Luv Me for Single 3). Oh, and while they're at it, use a Rihanna/Justin Bieber strategy and pump out Mood Ring, DYWCO (Halloween video) and Coupure Electrique (go film for 2 minutes under Arc De Triomphe with some serious French nationalism style piece, with Je Suis Charlie etc) as buzz singles before end of year.

:rihclap:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need something that can easily become a radio hit, a song that it's instantly catchy and commercial, and that song could be or love me down or better... I don't care if those songs are generic or for teens, we need a hit to continue having other singles, then, after that, we can have something more "experimental" or "innovative" as slumber party, but first we need a song that can almost guarantee us a hit and can make the gp interested in Brtney and her new stuff... 

:truthtea:

59 minutes ago, i i i wanna go said:

Sorry, sis. "Love Me Down" and "Just Luv Me" and "Better" are the most radio and GP friendly songs on the album, the second single is not the time for something that could flop. Save the adventurous single for third or fourth or fifth and make it "Slumber Party."

Thissss !! Love Me Down is a dance track which need to be released before the summer ends !!! can't at this Slumber party released and then Love Me Down released in the winter !!! 

And the GP can STFU. I don't care what they say !! we want a HIT. OF course Slumber Party should be a single !! but only 3rd or 4th single !! and i don't mind if she also release Change Your Mind as a single too since it is a new concept for a Britney song

Archived