VMAS 2016 didn't suck! Britney should do the VMAs in 2017 too!

Brian Ryan

To everyone hating on the VMAs. ***** **** you. She killed the VMAs it's the best performance she has done of an original song since Gimme More VMAs. GTFO. :comingthru: You guys keep bringing up the billboard awards, but she actually danced more in the VMAs and it wasn't a medley of her hits like she was serving up a greatest hits. It was a basic cable tv show. Still the VMAs were talked about more and people watched the performances more afterwards... hell Make Me is getting play for the VMAs. Look at twitter, facebook, and youtube. I love Beyonce' and you fans are just insecure as ****. She had the best shot at going after someone selling records and getting hits. She killed it. You think she didn't because she didn't hide around some guitar, too many dancers while she barely danced in the middle (DYWTCO), and she does barely nothing . The other shows did **** for her career except Vegas maybe. VMAS will always be the best award show next to the Grammys. No one hangs up an AMA or Billboard Award (since the 90s). Get real. It's about feedback baby.  The 2007 VMAs only got 7 million viewers and look how that turned out even with her lackluster performance of Gimme More the song still was a hit. :boredashell:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She was good, but the production wasnt. Her team makes mistakes, yes, but mtv is to blame. Camera angles were wrong, did nothing to elevate the performance, they used her for promo but put her after beyonces mini concert. Not to mention that they never gave her any awards before 2008. They did it only when they could use her to boost their ratings more. Bottom line, she shouldnt do it, not because she cant, but because mtv is a piece of sht. :shameless:

Just now, nevermind said:

She was good, but the production wasnt. Her team makes mistakes, yes, but mtv is to blame. Camera angles were wrong, did nothing to elevate the performance, they used her for promo and but put her after beyonces mini concert. Not to mention that they never gave her any awards before 2008. They did it only when they could use her to boost their ratings more. Bottom line, she shouldnt do it, not because she cant, but because mtv is a piece of sht. :shameless:

If you look at the audience recording, the MTV camera work royally ****** the whole thing up and made it look less interesting that it should have been! They really let her down. I still love the performance but hate the camerawork! The programme director should be taken outside and shot at sundown! :wannadie:

4 minutes ago, GodneyJean said:

Beyonce is already planning her next VMA medley for next year though.  :bey:

And? The Show is like 3 hours. It can't be 3 hours of Britney. Britney isn't scared. Why you? :feelingmyself:

Just now, Z-dawg said:

If you look at the audience recording, the MTV camera work royally ****** the whole thing up and made it look less interesting that it should have been! They really let her down. I still love the performance but hate the camerawork! The programme director should be taken outside and shot at sundown! :wannadie:

VMAS have treated her better than any award show and most of the flipping camera was so we didn't see the changes.

4 minutes ago, nevermind said:

She was good, but the production wasnt. Her team makes mistakes, yes, but mtv is to blame. Camera angles were wrong, did nothing to elevate the performance, they used her for promo but put her after beyonces mini concert. Not to mention that they never gave her any awards before 2008. They did it only when they could use her to boost their ratings more. Bottom line, she shouldnt do it, not because she cant, but because mtv is a piece of sht. :shameless:

How about the vans just voted more? Or other songs deserved more? She isn't entitled an award. However, most of her memorable performances are from there. Yes, they gave the stage after a fellow peer who's been in the game just as long and when the most viewers tuned in... sounds like genius to me. VMAs still said 2007 VMAs were awesome on their website and the fans helped 2008. They even gave her vanguard, so back off. The VMAs have helped career probably more than any other award show combined. Her most memorable performances are from there. :comingthru:

2 minutes ago, Brian♥Ryan said:

And? The Show is like 3 hours. It can't be 3 hours of Britney. Britney isn't scared. Why you? :feelingmyself:

VMAS have treated her better than any award show and most of the flipping camera was so we didn't see the changes.

What I meant, it just wasn't properly thought through! The stage was massive and they could have used better angles to make it look less empty! But yeah, I don't think MTV did her right...

1 minute ago, Z-dawg said:

What I meant, it just wasn't properly thought through! The stage was massive and they could have used better angles to make it look less empty! But yeah, I don't think MTV did her right...

I think the camera angles were fine they were doing stuff they didn't want the main audience to see like the pulling on the jacket, G-Eazy getting on stage, etc.

5 minutes ago, Brian♥Ryan said:

How about the vans just voted more? Or other songs deserved more? She isn't entitled an award. However, most of her memorable performances are from there. Yes, they gave the stage after a fellow peer who's been in the game just as long and when the most viewers tuned in... sounds like genius to me. VMAs still said 2007 VMAs were awesome on their website and the fans helped 2008. They even gave her vanguard, so back off. The VMAs have helped career probably more than any other award show combined. Her most memorable performances are from there. :comingthru:

Yeah they gave her Vanguard and made her introduce Beyonka while she was accepting! They must have a lot of respect for Britney! :orly:

3 minutes ago, Brian♥Ryan said:

Now listen you pretentious hag. She helped MTV more than they helped her. In the years of slave and toxic, who deserved an award more than her? And she could have performed anywhere else. BBMAs give her the treatment she truly deserves. Yes, she received a vanguard award only to introduce bey moments later. What an honor!!! 

Keep being a petty cnt, thumb me down (thats real mature), but dont reply cuz im sure i wont read anything remotely connected to common sense. :riri:

3 minutes ago, nevermind said:

Now listen you pretentious hag. She helped MTV more than they helped her. In the years of slave and toxic, who deserved an award more than her? And she could have performed anywhere else. BBMAs give her the treatment she truly deserves. Yes, she received a vanguard award only to introduce bey moments later. What an honor!!! 

Keep being a petty cnt, thumb me down (thats real mature), but dont reply cuz im sure i wont read anything remotely connected to common sense. :riri:

MTV and Britney helped each other. Slave and Toxic weren't number one in the States. Let's be real. They gave her performance of kids for her vanguard. Perhaps she should have did the BBMAs then because it was more appropriate not months before the Glory album. That is one reason I was not here for the Vegas Performance for BBMAs. Britney just came out with a song that no one knows. Why would she do a medley of Glory? Lemonade came out months ago. Beyonce' herself if Formation just came out she would have focused on that one song alone. Duh cause it's a first single. Not an album about black issues, marriage, and what not that deserved it 16 minute mark. Britney needed to just perform Make Me. The thumbs down isn't a hate you or anything. I just disagree with your opinion. I don't use the hearts that way. If you feel that way, I took it away.

britney and VMAs have a long history. but VMAs should learn how to treat and respect her better. this year's vma is blatant foul. i loved the performance dont get me wrong. but they shouldnt have sold it as a britney headliner when clearly they planned a performance by beyonce which is 3-4x longer and would result in beyonce overshadowing britney. Clearly, it wasnt something Brit's team knew given Jamie Lynn's recent interview about it. If Britney is to perform here again, she should be given more resources like they did with Beyonce.

Just now, jamesblue said:

britney and VMAs have a long history. but VMAs should learn how to treat and respect her better. this year's vma is blatant foul. i loved the performance dont get me wrong. but they shouldnt have sold it as a britney headliner when clearly they planned a performance by beyonce which is 3-4x longer and would result in beyonce overshadowing britney. Clearly, it wasnt something Brit's team knew given Jamie Lynn's recent interview about it. If Britney is to perform here again, she should be given more resources like they did with Beyonce.

So you personally think Beyonce' overshadowed Britney Spears?

5 minutes ago, jamesblue said:

yes :crying11: while britney's performance was a good 'comeback', beyonce just stole the spotlight from her and rihanna. that ***** doesnt care about modesty at all

I'm sure they all did their best. Beyonce', Rihanna, and Britney brought the showdown. Whose fault is it even Britney fans like yourself and the GP thought it was better? Tough cookie. I bet people felt the same other times where Britney performed. Kanye for example with Gimme More. As a performer... you go up there have fun and promote and Britney loved it plus didn't care about going after Beyonce'. A lot of Beyonce' fans are just so damn scared of maxing out their credit cards for one album, while Britney probably dances to some of Lemonade. It's not that serious. :boredashell:

Archived