Britney Spears' 'Glory' Debuts At No. 3 In The U.S.

Jordan Miller

4 hours ago, Goneforever said:

My thoughts on everything. 

Let me start off with JUST BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T DEBUT AT NUMBER DOES NOT MEAN SHE CAN'T RISE TO NUMBER 1.

However, 

All I ever see is "she has nothing to prove" 

That's the thing, she has a lot to prove, a shitload. 

She has NOT proven she can sing, She has not proven she is the entertainer she once was,She has not proven that she can do much other than dance and lip synch on stage to the GP. 

We know she's much more than that but they dont. She does not need to rely on solely ***. 

The reason why Beyonce sells is because she TOOK LESSONS.  From everyone around her, as a child she did not match Britney, JT, or Christina. In telent. But she wanted to be great worked her *** off.She worked on her voice, dance, videos, performance,  everything

She tries and does not let up. Britney was going through a lot of ****, which lead her to hiding in her house, being cut off from the rest of the world.

Don't get me wrong, I love Britney she's my number 1, but credit is due where credit is due. Lemonade was a fantastic album, amazing videos, great collabos, diverse sound.  

Glory is a good and solid album, not much to complain about, I must have listened to it 30 times. But it is not what she needs to make for the GP support.

Britney needs to attack her downfall head on, do some emotional dark lyrics, go deep on videos, NOT JUST CHOREO!  PLAY an instrument on stage. Sing live, show to the world what we know she can do. Prove to anyone that has a shadow of a doubt, that she is the best when she wants to be.

What made her so appealing was above all she understood what people wanted, fancized, how to draw them in. Her dancing, videos, performances, personality, and singing(yes singing she was a great singer) was just the cherry on top of the cake.

She has either lost that ability, or rather does not tap into it. Shes doing better than she did during BJ, and I am beyond happy. She just needs to continue on this path. 

BbMA were perfect for that time, the VMAS were decent, now she needs to step it up another notch. Nail I heart radio and apple. And cheat like Barbara bundle her ****. AND AGAIN JUST because it did not debut at number 1 does not mean it can't raise to number 1.

I LOVE YOU FOR SAYING THIS.... SHE HAS A LOT TO PROVE.... I am not a beyonce fan but she is the only artist to get bigger with time... she has improved everything and she continues to and her team knows HOW TO PROMOTE!!!!!! Team Britney thinks our girl is on that MJ level where she can do whatever and people will buy her album... ummmmm ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! GP does not consider her to be a Legend of any sort.... She has SOOO much to Prove and I think she can with Iheart and Apple festival..... I just wish all this promo was BEFORE the album.... 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Barbiebrit said:

I LOVE YOU FOR SAYING THIS.... SHE HAS A LOT TO PROVE.... I am not a beyonce fan but she is the only artist to get bigger with time... she has improved everything and she continues to and her team knows HOW TO PROMOTE!!!!!! Team Britney thinks our girl is on that MJ level where she can do whatever and people will buy her album... ummmmm ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! GP does not consider her to be a Legend of any sort.... She has SOOO much to Prove and I think she can with Iheart and Apple festival..... I just wish all this promo was BEFORE the album.... 

I remember, during the FF era, when Britney said that she just wanted to have fun and that she had nothing left to prove. I remember thinking that she sounded like she was 50 years old with, like, 20 albums under her belt - she was only 29 at the time!! It was literally like she was giving up on her career and just going on auto-pilot. She's only 34 now! When Madonna was 34 she was hot off the success of Vogue, promoting Erotica, and getting ready to film a movie! It's like Britney has already peaked and she doesn't have the passion or drive to do anything but the bare minimum to just get by. I really don't think she wants to be "on top" anymore. I think she's honestly terrified of that kind of fame because of what it did to her the first time. It's understandable, but no less disappointing.

Bring back Wade to direct her next tour. Remember DWAD Tour? 

Bring back Brian Friedman to be her choreographer for the next era.

End this god awful Vegas residency. Like seriously. She is not a has been, and she still has a lot to prove. She is only 34 for God sakes. Like the member above me said. Madonna was at her peak at that age, and she still out selling everyone when it comes to tours. Britney can do the same if she puts her heart into it. 

Some of her fans need to get over the whole Justin being prick bs. The GP loves him, and a collab between him and Britney would be the collab of the century. 

this is the first time i dont feel down because britney didnt get the number 1 debut. Why?

1. She has good competitors (Barbara Streisand - Legend, FGL - Good Music)

2. All albums in top 3 have good sales (more than 100k)

3. Real music is competing on the chart (Top 3 Albums) not crappy

4. She releases a good album (beyond great) than any album so far. I can play her album on repeat

5. She proved that the chart position is only a number not a source of reference to show the album good/bad. Eg; Many albums debuted at no 1 even though the album sales doesnt reached 100k and not having good songs

Just now, Demon Salvatore said:

She didn't really promote Glory the album. Even FF was better promoted. 

Don't get me wrong. But seriously think, was there any promo explicitly for Glory? Today Show was too late and didn't even make a difference agan because there weren't many songs from the album. That's what I think :)

Kimmel :quirkney:

in comparison to her competitors though, my mind is boggled how she underperformed to them. 

I seriously think the leak hurt her. 

1 minute ago, Arnold. said:

Kimmel :quirkney:

in comparison to her competitors though, my mind is boggled how she underperformed to them. 

I seriously think the leak hurt her. 

I didn't really check for her competition but I read here that FGL promoted the album on GMA. Didn't Britney too? For FF . There were 4 songs I believe. Not sure about Barbara. She was the one who really took me by surprise beating even FGL. :quirkney:

1 minute ago, sjok said:

She's been hanging around a lot with Bryan tho :orangu2:

But NO! :donewithit:

Please stahppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gloria::gloria: 

Just now, Demon Salvatore said:

I didn't really check for her competition but I read here that FGL promoted the album on GMA. Didn't Britney too? For FF . There were 4 songs I believe. Not sure about Barbara. She was the one who really took me by surprise beating even FGL. :quirkney:

Idk, femme fatale was promoted with that mini concert in San Francisco and Vegas. But I would feel like Vmas trumps it all

Just now, Arnold. said:

Idk, femme fatale was promoted with that mini concert in San Francisco and Vegas. But I would feel like Vmas trumps it all

Agreed! She promoted only Make Me. So it reached the top slots on the iTunes. There was no mention of Glory. To contrast, look at Beyonce's performance and the following effect on Lemonade post-performance. :ohnoney:

Archived