Britney Spears' 'Glory' Debuts At No. 3 In The U.S.

Jordan Miller

3 minutes ago, GemmaTeller said:

They care more about the actual number of sales not the chart position. Being number 1 or number 2 or number 3 doesn't put more or less money in their pocket. They probably thought the VMAs would be really good promo since she hasn't been there in so long they thought that alone would get people talking and they were probably right im sure it did sell a little bit more overall than it would have a week or two earlier.  A number 3 album that sells 115k is better one than a number one that sells 90k to a record label.

But with promo such as Carpool and VMA it would have increased the 2nd or 3rd week sales too.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like two decade and still cracking top 3 speaks for itself, I don't think #3 vs #1 or #2 really matters that much, especially considering how close she was to 2nd. She still has a career because she's Britney, I don't think she will ever fall off unless she chooses to at this point.

This album is amazing, and I'm glad she experimented and did something different this time around, it paid off because it outsold her last one significantly and proved what we've been saying for a while, that she needed to switch it up. That said, I will add that I honestly think her "brand" of popstar is practically extinct right now. It's about a lot more than dance routines and back up dancers with today's modern popstars, even if they still do those things their performances are also generally spectacles that utilize those things a bit differently than before (look at Katy Perry, Sia, etc) Also a lot more creativity is expected with their wardrobes. I don't know if it's her, or her team that decide to hold back and be more conservative with these things than she used to be but they really need to look at what has made people like Katy Perry, Sia, Gaga, Beyonce, and Rihanna so successful in recent years. I honestly think people just want Britney to surprise them, her album has succeeded at that, but the rest so far this era hasn't. Also, I know it's like beating a dead horse but she needs to do a big performance on something where she sings live. Literally sings anything. Live. No lip syncing or complex dance routines.

A lot of songs on GLORY are great for this, and maybe she should ditch the complex dance routines for more of a spectacle showcase type of show.

Guest Brichney.

The music, the vocals, and the lyrics are some of the/her best in years! 

The album is also doing well WW. 

The US market is all about fake *** PR. MJ didn't do well in the US as well and he talked about it.

Britney looks amazing and her music slays, be grateful for that. Btw, I believe this album will end up reaching number one in a few weeks.

:brit2016:

5 minutes ago, PervertedSaint said:

But with promo such as Carpool and VMA it would have increased the 2nd or 3rd week sales too.

Albums are always the most visible on iTunes, Spotify, in stores, etc. in their first week as a "new release" they might have thought it would be best to have the performance go along with that so that if people went looking for the song she performed or just any of the other VMAs performers music in general they would go on iTunes or whatever and easily see that she had a new album out.

I normally don't care for threads like this, but it looks like you put a lot of effort into it so here's what I've learned over the years: I was not here when she was still in her prime time - pre Blackout eras, but I remember that I started loving Britney cuz of music, that what she's done for me, personally, through her music alone is tremendous as I've gone though difficult time where I wanTed to end my life. Believe me I never got to that point cuz I told myself that Britney is still here and she did not give up, she got help, so I should get help too. And I did just that.

I do think Britney's team needs to update their strategies. However, I have to say this #3 debut doesn't phase me too much. Having a #3 albums is not the end of the world, it won't ruin her legacy and the sales are good for 2016 - it was just a tough week also. What the team needs to do is talk to her about her stage performances and the lip syncing... that is ruining her legacy.

i hope the britards who name called, downvoted, and acted like complete children towards anyone who actually gave a REALISTIC prediction have apologized thoroughly. because your 150-200k figures are nowhere in sight. perhaps you guys have finally learned your lesson. :ricackle: i was right on the whole time and got called a negative **** among other things.

so for someone who was actually expecting these numbers, i am not disappointed. considering the state of the industry and britney's current status these numbers are fine in my eyes. not massive but not terrible either. at least make me slayed this week which gave her a bigger SPS boost than initially expected. she just chose one of the worst weeks of the year thus far competition-wise to release, go figure.

Archived