Britney and the VMAs

Jite91

I saw this in another fan page and I think it really raises the question as to why MTV didn´t give her any awards if she in fact is the one responsible for music videos being the way they are today :yaknow:...

Here is the text:

"Ever wonder how much MTV Video Music Awards owe Britney Spears? The answer is They owe Britney Freakin' Spears BIGTIME that cannot even be quantified by numbers.

Well technically, The VMAs did not really help Britney's career, it is the other way around. Britney helped the VMAs and made the show fun, entertaining and ICONIC during the early 2000s.

However, what is difficult to understand nor comprehend in any sense is Why the heck did they not give Britney a moonman before she hit the rock bottom, before the meltdown, before 2008?

It's a given fact that Britney Spears set the standard of how a music video should look like and how it would make impact to the viewers.

During the late 90s to early 2000s Britney gave us enough supply of Iconic Music Videos year after year after year (literally). Again the question is 'Why the heck did they not give Britney Spears a moonman?'

After countless of nominations for (Best Female, Best New Act, Best Pop Video, Best Choreography, Video of The Year, more than 16 nominations from 2000 to 2004) for the following ICONIC Music Videos:

Baby One More Time 
Oops I Did it Again 
I'm a Slave 4 U
Toxic

Britney did not get to take home not even a single award, not until 2008, with her not so iconic video for Piece of Me (in which she won in all categories)

Even after she supplied MTV VMAs with countless of iconic performances.

Well, at the very least in 2008, MTV probably finally realized the impact of Britney Spears and finally gave her the long overdue, much deserved moonmen year after year after year until she became the youngest recipient of Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award and the only artist to have 3 Best Pop Video awards.

Long live Britney!"

:boredashell:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so proud of the fact that she went on that stage but the hype made me ignore the fact that mtv are fcktards. Ive always said that she is better than them and doesnt need them anymore.

Basically, im glad she did it, but thats it. There are other awards shows where she can perform AND get the treatment she deserves.

2 hours ago, HotAsIce.ve said:

MTV always are a little shading with Britney and kiss the *** of Beyonce so much. I mean on 2004 one video of Beyonka win the Best Female Video over Britney's TOXIC I mean seriously? 

I still can´t process this... and I´m betting the clown´s video that beat Toxic is irrelevant :JLostare:

Archived