Billboard 200, who cares? Change your VPNs to UK!

Litney

1) Whatever BS people are saying about being close to no.2 or no.1 on BB200, the reality is that glory will debut at #3. We are like 30k behind on sales, it's not happening. #3 is not bad! it was a busy week for high profile releases!

2) A UK #2 debut - which she is well on course for - would be different. Imagine. godney Jean debuted at #34, what a ******* comeback! It would be her JOINT highest debut in the UK.

but wait a minute..

3) She is 6000 copies behind Barbra Streisand. It is possible that this could be Britney Spears' first #1 of her career, 18 years in. Iconic. Even if she could get the billboard #1, she already has loads, who cares. Her FIRST #1 in the 2nd biggest music market in the world - the UK - now that would be a story.

Her position at no.3 on billboard is safe. Fans around the world, change your VPNs to UK!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The gap between her and Barbra is not 30k, it's just a little over 10k (sps) and we should focus on reducing that gap since she's promoting tomorrow.

We cannot compensate for those 6k in the UK, especially with how the UK charts handles streaming. It's bound to debut at #2. Unless someone really rich buys us a ton of copies. :shameless:

1 minute ago, CJMCH said:

Sorry no, change your VPNs to USA. We need a higher debut.

not gonna happen, we're 30k behind.

1500 streams = 1 album. 30000x1500= 45 million. Please tell me where you plan on getting 45 million streams from. Make me only has 30 million and has been out for ages.

Live in the real world, why not go for something we could actually achieve,

5 minutes ago, button said:

The gap between her and Barbra is not 30k, it's just a little over 10k (sps) and we should focus on reducing that gap since she's promoting tomorrow.

We cannot compensate for those 6k in the UK, especially with how the UK charts handles streaming. It's bound to debut at #2. Unless someone really rich buys us a ton of copies. :shameless:

Firstly, the 30k figure is more reliable as it's from billboard.

Secondly, the UK has the same rule 1500 streams = 1 album. 
Where is the logic in 45 million (or 15 million according to your figure) being easier to achieve that 9 million...?

29 minutes ago, Litney said:

Firstly, the 30k figure is more reliable as it's from billboard.

Secondly, the UK has the same rule 1500 streams = 1 album. 
Where is the logic in 45 million (or 15 million according to your figure) being easier to achieve that 9 million...?

Actually the rule in the UK is 1000 streams = 1 sale but there is a disadvantage. The UK downweight the top 2 streamed songs on the album to the average of the remaining songs. Meaning you have to play the whole album in order to not hurt this average. Or stream the least played songs on the album which we ignore (in the UK). By doing the first thing, you're not going to amass much streams as opposed to making a short playlist (which is the method you're using for the US). She actually needs 6M streams in the UK, but I'm sure you understand it's not as simple as that now that I told you about the downweighting rule. Because of this rule, you can play Make Me 6M times but she'd actually end up with 500k streams in total because of the other songs' weak streams. The math is not as simple as you think.

There's not only that. No matter how many threads you make, you cannot effectively shift the attention of the fanbase to the UK. Britney's fanbase is not only this forum. By creating your thread you might convince 3 or 4 fans on here but that's it. Not enough.

By the way Billboard gave pretty much zero details about Glory. They just said she "may" shift over 100k. HDD is predicting 114k-119k and she's promoting on Thursday. Let us just cocentrate on the US and settle with the #2 in the UK.

15 minutes ago, Litney said:

Exactly, it's basic maths and logic. If first week is all about debut positions, we should turn our attention to UK!

Might be too late now to get everyone on board but I think it'd be amazing if we all did this for the 2nd week! Imagine the if she broke her track record and actually moved to #1 the 2nd week instead of free falling down the charts.

1 minute ago, button said:

Actually the rule in the UK is 1000 streams = 1 sale but there is a disadvantage. The UK downweight the top 2 streamed songs to the average of the remaining songs. Meaning you have to play the whole album in order to not hurt this average. Or stream the least played songs on the album which we ignore (in the UK). By doing the first thing, you're not going to amass much streams as opposed to making a short playlist (which is the method you're using for the US). She actually needs 6M streams in the UK, but I'm sure you understand it's not as simple as that now that I told you about the downweighting rule. Because of this rule, you can play Make Me 6M times but she'd actually end up with 500k streams.

There's not only that. No matter how many threads you make, you cannot effectively shift the attention of the fanbase to the UK. Britney's fanbase is not only this forum. By creating your thread you might convince 3 or 4 fans but that's it. Not enough.

By the way Billboard gave pretty much zero details about Glory. They just said she "may" shift over 100k. HDD is predicting 114k-119k and she's promoting on Thursday. Let us just cocentrate on the US and settle with the #2 in the UK.

Ok thanks for telling me about the averaging out thing, didnt know about that. Its effects would be minimised by just making a playlist without make me and other popular ones.

Same could be said about people telling others to use a USA VPN.

And regardless of how much it said, billboard is still more credible, so a UK number 1 still easier to achieve than a US number 2, seems obvious which one we should be going for.

My point still stands about UK no.1 being more significant as she has NEVER had one before.

I hope that youre right that billboard is under predicting.

15 minutes ago, Litney said:

Ok thanks for telling me about the averaging out thing, didnt know about that. Its effects would be minimised by just making a playlist without make me and other popular ones.

Same could be said about people telling others to use a USA VPN.

And regardless of how much it said, billboard is still more credible, so a UK number 1 still easier to achieve than a US number 2, seems obvious which one we should be going for.

My point still stands about UK no.1 being more significant as she has NEVER had one before.

I hope that youre right that billboard is under predicting.

The problem is right there. Spotify only shows the top 200 in streaming, so it's impossible to know which ones are least popular. The only one charting is Make Me at #91 with 49k streams.

Anyways you can see the numbers are pitiful. #200 has 25k streams. So the album tracks are getting <25k streams each day. The situation is quite bad, and I think she'll end up with ~150k streams. Does it look to you like we can save the situation?

At this point we'd either need rich stans to buy thousands of copies of Glory or buildings full of phones streaming the album. :shameless:

I understand that Britney never had a #1 UK album and we all want her to get one, but there's only 2 days left and I don't see what we could do. What you're asking for looks very hard.

7 minutes ago, JoffBaratheon said:

How would a UK #1 be more significant than a US #1? :boredashell:

You heard. I'm well aware that the market is about three times bigger (not very impressive considering your population is about 6 times bigger but hey), but what I'm saying is that a 1st #1 18 years into a career is more significant than another US one when she already has loads.

Archived