OMFG IS THIS TRUE? (fake (most likely))

Slayde

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, dandy said:

Well it do did looked a little bit peculiar when she switched the mic to the other hand and pointed at it with her finger, I think she could've just do the move with the other hand like the other dancers if it was just that

I am so confused at this point I'm just giving up on this theory tbh :shameless: It's too much and too trivial to care about, I suppose you could say the performance has been and gone and been done and dusted and we can't change any of it. Any way, all love. I loved the performance so there is all love and light to Britney. :cricket:

actually at first I thought she was just pointing at G eazy for his rap part but after this .. i don't know. I mean she could easily just do it with her other hand too if it was just that but she clearly pointed at her mic. And some pleople say this insider is reliable cuz many things he said turned out to be true so i don't know

11 minutes ago, db55dan said:

actually at first I thought she was just pointing at G eazy for his rap part but after this .. i don't know. I mean she could easily just do it with her other hand too if it was just that but she clearly pointed at her mic. And some pleople say this insider is reliable cuz many things he said turned out to be true so i don't know

Okay let me break down what I thought. My first instinct was: this is a part of the choreography. Second instinct: she is proving that she can use a microphone or saying "look it's a microphone". Third instinct and only when I saw the youtube comment: "is this thing on?". Fourth and final instinct: "always trust your gut instinct"....

:NYsassy:

And also listen how the key changes for the last chorus - as if it was to make it easier for her to ad-lib over it or something,

Personally, I believe it WAS the original plan to sing it live at least partially, then Britney chickened-out HERSELF  last minute.
She might`ve changed her mind mid-performance and wanted to sing over the last chorus, but they didnt get it or something.

I think if it wasn`t the case, they would at least pre-record the vocals. 

15 minutes ago, dandy said:

And also listen how the key changes for the last chorus - as if it was to make it easier for her to ad-lib over it or something,

Personally, I believe it WAS the original plan to sing it live at least partially, then Britney chickened-out HERSELF  last minute.
She might`ve changed her mind mid-performance and wanted to sing over the last chorus, but they didnt get it or something.

I think if it wasn`t the case, they would at least pre-record the vocals. 

Yeah, who knows anymore. I think we could all speculate about the performance but it is her first performance at the VMA's in 9 years so it's pretty ******* good for that time frame. The song MM&I is a good adaptation of her scrutiny by the media and return to fame really so it was a good re-entry performance. It's not the most critically acclaimed performance of her career but it also isn't the worst and most trashed performance of her career by a long shot and I think we can all be grateful for this fact. 

12 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

Britney did it all to herself though... :donewithit:

The funny thing is at first when I was replying to your comment with mine 8 hours ago I actually thought "maybe it was Britney?". But now I think, they actually didn't edit her to look bad in anyway so I can't be mad at them too much. I'm a little disappointed because it seems like they don't appreciate what she has done for the VMA's but all the same, I can't stay mad. It's debilitating to hold grudges...

This reads a bit like a conspiracy/controversy fanfic tbh.

What I think is the addition of MMI was a last minute decision because the way it was performed seemed very... under-rehearsed? Just try to see the difference in the way Britney lip-synced to Make Me and the way she did it to MMI... I could notice a bit of nervousness during the start (when she goes "oooOOoooh") and there was a part later where she really messed up the words. And I heard G-Eazy forgot the lyrics to his verse as well.

They should've planned it better with more rehearsals, or had her perform DYWCO instead if there was not enough time. Then again, not really because I love Britney's version of MMI :lollipop:

14 minutes ago, Barbie Spears said:

This reads a bit like a conspiracy/controversy fanfic tbh.

What I think is the addition of MMI was a last minute decision because the way it was performed seemed very... under-rehearsed? Just try to see the difference in the way Britney lip-synced to Make Me and the way she did it to MMI... I could notice a bit of nervousness during the start (when she goes "oooOOoooh") and there was a part later where she really messed up the words. And I heard G-Eazy forgot the lyrics to his verse as well.

They should've planned it better with more rehearsals, or had her perform DYWCO instead if there was not enough time. Then again, not really because I love Britney's version of MMI :lollipop:

You make an excellent point, G-Eazy forgetting his rap seals the deal really. As if he would forget this with the song being so popular. So something must be up. They must have been under-rehearsed as you say or unprepared for it. I mean I love what Britney was wearing, but if the verse was fully live, even if she wasn't on pitch I feel like it would have been iconic. But any way I'm getting carried away now and must stop because the performance is done and finished now and I love it in it's entirety. It was a safe performance but I loved it... 

1 hour ago, jokobitch said:

baby she didn't even know the lyrics to the song well, there's no way she was going to sing live. not only that she couldn't even hold it to her mouth the whole time. and on top of that they only rehearsed once, so she said herself. 

I'm sorry I don't know I still haven't hear any reason why she swap mic's I still think something more was planned 

2 minutes ago, Daveh422 said:

I'm sorry I don't know I still haven't hear any reason why she swap mic's I still think something more was planned 

..you're seeming to forget that in POM she switched mics to "sing" perfume and alien like hellooooo this is Britney were talking about!!

14 minutes ago, RajaGemini said:

How an ''accident'' like that happens to Britney, a person who is lip syncing the past 15 years ? :orangu:

I must say I did scream when I first read that but it's beside the point. Obviously she wanted this and wanted to sing live into a microphone, this whole thing is weird :nothavingit:

46 minutes ago, jokobitch said:

..you're seeming to forget that in POM she switched mics to "sing" perfume and alien like hellooooo this is Britney were talking about!!

No I know that but in the middle of a song ? Theirs no need if she's just ganna lip and it's excepted of her so why the switch ??

9 hours ago, Slayde said:

I don't know I guess he didn't record one because he was with "penelope and blow" or something idk :shameless:

And yes Britney did record playback for backup but according to Popjustice (not reputable I know) they didn't turn her mic on so she would have given us live vocals and thats why she pointed at the mic like "is this thing on?" :wannadie:

Then why did she have those obvious autotuned recorded vocals for Me Myself and I then? lol stop dreaming, she lips everything in her vegas show, what makes you think she would sing live for the first time on the vmas NOW?

7 minutes ago, Daveh422 said:

No I know that but in the middle of a song ? Theirs no need if she's just ganna lip and it's excepted of her so why the switch ??

I think it was more to suit that segment of the performance. Having the hoodie on with the "Britney mic" (I don't know the name but I literally call it that) wouldn't have been practical or looked as "cool".

12 minutes ago, Sparks said:

Then why did she have those obvious autotuned recorded vocals for Me Myself and I then? lol stop dreaming, she lips everything in her vegas show, what makes you think she would sing live for the first time on the vmas NOW?

I don't know. All I know is I saw the microphone and got excited. Please no hate in the forum, I'm sorry for having hope and belief in Britney and her decisions she makes performing. She is getting stronger and stronger and will defeat all the haters who doubted her :otears:

Archived