She'll never win

lustwecantcontrol

I was thinking about it while reading an article from the Washington Post about last night, post-breakdown Britney will never be able to win honestly.........people will always find something to hate on her for. Like the article I read mentioned how Glory was a good album but then they go on to practically discredit it/her saying "the album is good which is unusual" and essentially saying she could've put anything out and it would've been better than BJ. Also the whole BBMA's performance which was truly awesome but people still hated saying it was too long, she was stiff and can't dance, she didn't sing...........and then the performance last night which wasn't even that bad, but I've literally seen people say it was just like the GM performance or worse......like really that's beyond ridiculous and if any other artist had done that performance it wouldn't be getting nearly as much hate or any at all......but because it's Britney we must trash her for it because she's the artist everyone loves to hate......it's cool to hate her and had she done a different performance and maybe even something shocking she still would get hate for it......people would say she uses gimmicks and blah blah. She's never gonna win no matter what and honestly after all the hate her performance has gotten from last night she'll prob never ever do the VMA's again and we can prob kiss even more promo goodbye in future eras because her lack of promo is partly because she hates it, but partly because she gets trashed for everything she does....one miss spoken word in an interview, not giving the answer people wanna hear, and so on 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, HotAsIce.ve said:

She win at the BBMAs.

But this time her team ****** with that stripped performance without Live Vocals. She needed a Killer productions this time, and more after Beyonce Performance 

People still hated on the BBMA performance.......both fans and non fans 

They prob had no idea Beyonce was even going before her.......was Beyonce even announced ahead of time as a performer. MTV should've honestly had Britney open and given her a longer time slot. 

5 minutes ago, giltjuhh said:

u focus to much on the hate. Ofcourse there are Britney haters and they will hate forever.

But you forget there are a lot of Beyonce haters etc to, so every artist have to deal with this.

There are SO MUCH GOOD REVIEWS. Focus on that.  

I agree with the OP and with you too. The thing is the haters are always very vocal and make themselves heard... but I also feel like in general the gp discredits Britney to a ridicuous extent :bthink:

Tbh I see this situation comparable to Marilyn Monroe, she was discredited everytime, but she was always an icon, and all of these years after her death she is still relevant :yaknow:

Britney I think has this problem, the gp loves her but also loves to hate her and discredit her, nothing she does is ever really good, she´s not a real artist, she doesn´t sing blah blah, but in the end she has already secured her place in history and will forever be remembered as the princess of pop :sickofu: 

ICONIC :werk:

20 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I was thinking about it while reading an article from the Washington Post about last night, post-breakdown Britney will never be able to win honestly.........people will always find something to hate on her for. Like the article I read mentioned how Glory was a good album but then they go on to practically discredit it/her saying "the album is good which is unusual" and essentially saying she could've put anything out and it would've been better than BJ. Also the whole BBMA's performance which was truly awesome but people still hated saying it was too long, she was stiff and can't dance, she didn't sing...........and then the performance last night which wasn't even that bad, but I've literally seen people say it was just like the GM performance or worse......like really that's beyond ridiculous and if any other artist had done that performance it wouldn't be getting nearly as much hate or any at all......but because it's Britney we must trash her for it because she's the artist everyone loves to hate......it's cool to hate her and had she done a different performance and maybe even something shocking she still would get hate for it......people would say she uses gimmicks and blah blah. She's never gonna win no matter what and honestly after all the hate her performance has gotten from last night she'll prob never ever do the VMA's again and we can prob kiss even more promo goodbye in future eras because her lack of promo is partly because she hates it, but partly because she gets trashed for everything she does....one miss spoken word in an interview, not giving the answer people wanna hear, and so on 

believe it or not GM was better it's been 9 years and people are still talking about it it's iconic and **** as hell will you remember yesterday performance after 9 years ? :whitneyshade: at least she was the center of attention the whole performance!  

tumblr_lldj5uRjWr1qk5tebo1_500.gif

I think people just want to see her doubting herself again, but that won't happen. She seems happy, performing at live shows and actually enjoying it, making an amazing album. 

People will always have some reason to hate when someone is very successful and got a very longstanding career. Even Madonna until this day she gets bashed just because she is enjoying what she does. At the end of the day, if you're successful there will always be hate towards you but also people who will love you and support your success. 

She can win! She won with BBMA!

The problem is that Britney doesn't respect her legacy; if she did last night performance at some other awards show it would be nice performance. But Britney made her legacy at VMAs so if she wasn't ready to put her A+ game last night she should not perform it. 

Her team doesn't guide her career in right direction for the last 5 years, so I mostly blaim them. But obviously there are some Britneys guilty in all of that.

You can not compare Britney with her peers, because she was female MJ of this generation. Can you imagine if MJ did not deliver at some performance, everybody would drag him too. Because people expect a lot more from huge talents like Britney, or like MJ was.

I dont expect much because I dont like shes under pressure, its unhealthy for her :bthink:

and the prob is there're many bad performances at the VMAs but their fans protect their favs, unlike unsupportive exhalers who always drag Britney even on social media :howiroll:

this innocent sweet girl been through hell i wont let yall touch her :wannadie:

Ia with u, but to me since the day one media is unfair to her. Vma 00 was trashed and then became iconic. In the zone was trashed at the time and then became the album they compare when she doesn't do a good album and so on. 

48 minutes ago, Jite91 said:

I agree with the OP and with you too. The thing is the haters are always very vocal and make themselves heard... but I also feel like in general the gp discredits Britney to a ridicuous extent :bthink:

Tbh I see this situation comparable to Marilyn Monroe, she was discredited everytime, but she was always an icon, and all of these years after her death she is still relevant :yaknow:

Britney I think has this problem, the gp loves her but also loves to hate her and discredit her, nothing she does is ever really good, she´s not a real artist, she doesn´t sing blah blah, but in the end she has already secured her place in history and will forever be remembered as the princess of pop :sickofu: 

ICONIC :werk:

Mte 

1 hour ago, HangingOnToThePast said:

believe it or not GM was better it's been 9 years and people are still talking about it it's iconic and **** as hell will you remember yesterday performance after 9 years ? :whitneyshade: at least she was the center of attention the whole performance!  

quality over quantity hunty.

If GM happened again she might have gotten the popularity but she would have killed her career for good

1 hour ago, HangingOnToThePast said:

This is effed up. And it just shows how people like to focus on Britney as the star rather than the person. Her VMA 2007 performance pretty much showed how much of a dark place she was in, there was nothing good or iconic about it. Why do you think Kim K, or anyone that mentions her performances in her presence always omits it? Britney is finally in a good place, and is smiling whiles she performs and you actually say that a performance during her dark phase was better.

I cant with this f**ked up fan base. :tiffsniffle:

2 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

quality over quantity hunty.

If GM happened again she might have gotten the popularity but she would have killed her career for good

after all everyone has a taste and we shouldn't judge that! if some people like the GM performance more it's not a crime! we're talking about what's iconic and memorable and what's not, GM wasn't amazing but was iconic yesterday was ok but not iconic it's not that complicated really! :boredashell:

Archived